“One of the nicest hotels ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
You added Lime Tree Hotel to your Saves list
135 - 137 Ebury Street, London SW1W 9QU, England (Belgravia)   |
Ranked #37 of 524 London B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newtown Square, PA
“One of the nicest hotels ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My stay at the Lime Tree Hotel in London was practically perfect. The hotel is charming and the staff go out of their way to be accomodating. My room was immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. When I go back to London, I know where I will stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Location is very good: only a couple blocks from Victoria Station for easy transportation connections. Quiet Ebury Street is so very Belgravia-cute, a perfect spot for travelers looking for decent accommodations on the cheap. After our arrival, it was an easy walk to dinner at the St. George’s Tavern on Hugh Street (highly recommended!!).

We reserved a Standard Room for £135 but were upgraded to a much larger Triple (Room #4) when we arrived. Only quirky aspect was that the sink had separate hot and cold faucets and was inside the room next to the beds, while the toilet and shower were at the opposite corner in their own tiny room. Beds were very comfortable and décor was stylish.

Hotel was clean and bright and smelled beautifully from the fresh lilies in the lobby. In addition to the computer station that you’d normally expect, the hotel had a little lending library with all the latest London travel books for guests to use – a very nice touch. Had the weather been more agreeable, we would have enjoyed the gorgeous rose garden out back. Management made the effort to meet everyone, personally, at breakfast the next morning which made our stay feel sort of homey, like staying with friends or such. Overall, a good experience and a great value for London.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

I stayed here for 7 nights, December 16-23, 2009. Being a single traveler, I only needed a single room. The room was small, but perfect for just me. The hotel was clean and the room cozy. Matt the owner was fantastic and always had great suggestions about getting around town. The hotel is just around the corner from both Victoria and Sloane Square underground stations. There are several places to eat and shop in Victoria station as well. Allen, who is there during the night was also great. I will say that this is a small, family run hotel, so if it is a chain experience you want this will not suit you. This being said if you want to stay in a locally owned and run hotel with the charm of London, this is perfect. I will definitely stay here again should I return to London!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I've been struggling to find a decent hotel in London - often having to stay overnight on business. Most seem to be overpriced, with all sorts of hidden extras, unfriendly, with tiny rooms and beds etc. My view is that most of London's hotels have become a money making industry designed to fleece as much money out of their guests for the minimum amount of effort.

Seems like everyone rates this place highly and I can only add my support to those reviews. I was really pleased to find this place at short notice. The staff were really friendly and welcoming - the room was really comfortable - the breakfast was great - the location was good.

Most of all though - it was reasonably priced and there were no hidden extras - ie. breakfast was included; free WiFi meant free WiFi; no additional unforeseen VAT charges (I had that at another London hotel).

I anticipate returning to this place (provided they are not fully booked which I expect might be a problem).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

We agree with all the previous reviews. The Lime Tree is a first rate hotel. The location couldn't have been better. Close to Victoria Station and also to the Apollo Victoria, where we saw Wicked. Matt is a great source of information. He suggested using the Sloan Station rather than Victoria Station during peak times. The area around Lime Tree is very safe. It was dark by 4:30 while we were there, but we still walked out in the evening with no problems. We can't wait to return to the Lime Tree.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

From New York City, recently traveled to London and stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel. The staff was wonderful, the hotel was clean, and I looked forward to breakfast each morning. My room was quite small but cozy. Overall I had a great stay and will go back to the Lime Tree Hotel on future visits.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Campbell, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed 6 night in this lovely hotel on my way home from a two months stay in Italy. It is a wonderful small hotel with a staff that makes every effort to make your stay perfect. I would recommend this hotel to all - just remember there is not a lift, so if you have trouble with stairs ask for a lower room. Breakfast each morning was delicious. There is a lovely Wine bar next door with great food and of course wine.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Lime Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!