“It is what it is, for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ebury House
102 Ebury St, London SW1W 9QD, England   |
Ranked #785 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Hanoi, Vietnam
“It is what it is, for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had two nights here for £64, a decent price for that location. Anyone expecting a hotel/hostel will be disappointed, it is more like a BB. The street is pretty and the rooms are typical of London apartments in that area, though quite small.

I would have put a 4 stars had the shared bathroom not thrown me off. There was no toilet tissue and it looked like having not been cleaned for ages. What a waste, if cleaned properly the bathroom would be actually quite large and lovely. Also the walls are very thin so you can clearly hear water flowing inside (all the time), and people walking in the corridor. Light sleepers really shouldn't choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for private bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Came accross this place on booking.com. Got it at a great price. It was pretty basic, but had everything I needed and it was clean. Which is very important to me.

The room and bathroom was really small, however for that price, I thought it was good value for money.

It's one street over from Victoria Station, and close to a bus stop, so I didn't have to walk to the station with all my luggage. There are restaurants and a Sainsbury local on the adjacent street, so you can get food quite easily.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We requested a double with en suite, but got a room with a double, a bunk bed and another single. The bathroom was outside of the room down a private corridor. The corridor smelt and the the floors aren't clean enough to tempt you to walking barefoot.

For the price I can't knock it, it is usually the cheapest and being in a decent location, it is fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Volos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I can't say anything bad about my stay. First I got a special offer of 31 pounds for one night. They put me in a family room: very large, massive TV, nice en suite bathroom and kitchenette (microwave, cutlery and crockery, kettle with tea and coffee, sink etc.). The heating worked really well and could be controlled in the room. Also the room was very clean. Good quality bedding.

Location is great just minutes away from Victoria. The street itself is really pretty (well it's Belgravia). Staff were friendly and helpful. There is also a free internet terminal downstairs. There is a charge for leaving luggage but it's way cheaper than leaving it at Victoria.

I will stay here again if I can get another offer like this one!

Room Tip: Ask if family room is free
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Great Shefford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I thought that Pimlico would offer high quality accommodation for the price I paid, £129, and that the room (for 4 people) would be comfortable and spacious. But the room was small, with a tiny shower room attached. The bed was not comfortable and I skipped the Breakfast, which was DIY. For the same money I could definitely have found many better options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My family and I booked a quadruple room in the Ebury House for our London trip last June 2012.

We were given our own keys for our rooms. NO elevator fro this building.

The rooms were clean and equipped with all the basics. The ensuite bathroom is clean, although very limited in space.

Upon check-in we paid our complete bookings and the receptionist was fairly kind as well.

There's a sink, a microwave oven and mini refrigerator. The victoria station is very near where you can buy basics like water, food, etc, so you won;t go hungry in this area. Victoria station is very near which is why almost all the attractions in London can be easily reached. Almost all the hop-on hop-off tour bus stops stops there too.

Ebury House is suitable for all kinds of tourists. Simple inn but equipped with all the basics a traveler needs. I might even try this place out again on my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PetePhillips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip to London because everywhere else seemed to be so expensive. I saw some places charging £500 for a night but this 'hotel' was only £129. However, for that you only get the basics. The room was OK - in the basement of a building just round the corner from Victoria Coach Station - so quite central for everything although further than I had hoped from the river.
I kind of expected a proper hotel but this is a selection of rooms in a number of different building. The room had a double bed with duvet - not much to write home about - and a sink/cupboards. It was a shared bathroom which I found to be a bit disquieting but the bathroom was just down the corridor and in the end I think I was the only one using it.
The view out of the window was pretty basic - the janitor's office/cupboard at the bottom of the stairs from the street where they stored all the rubbish. I wish I spoke Russian since the janitor seemed to take a lot of phone calls in Russian while I had the window open! It was quite warm in central London that day.
There was no breakfast but the hotel had arranged for a 10% discount at two local cafes. Victoria Station, Victoria Place and the surrounding streets had plenty of places for food and drink to be bought.
Good place especially if you don't want to pay exorbitant prices during Wimbledon fortnight!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ebury House? Share your experiences!