“Good hotel in nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Caswell Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Gloucester Street, London SW1V 2DB, England   |
Ranked #811 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I am going back for my third stay in as many weeks. I chose this hotel because the sister hotel where I had been staying, the Victor hotel, was full.

The WiFi has now been fixed and is as fast as you could require it. I was able to watch Netflix without a problem.

Rooms very clean and staff very helpful and amenable. I never had time for breakfast due to early starts so can't comment on that. Great central location and reasonably priced in comparison to similar accommodation.

Not bad at all.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear M-from-Carlisle

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give our future guests a great stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your recommendation. I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

Email : manager@hotellondon.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Lucerne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The rooms are very small, the breakfast consists of toast with jam and cornflakes. The wifi did not work for 5 days and the staff was not bothered about this and i had to spend 4 pounds per day to get internet. The shared bathrooms are 2 toilets and were sometimes for a day very dirty. The showers are designed so that you have to undress and dress in the shower.

The only positve thing is the location!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and you get a decent breakfast and a reliable wifi.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear K W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am sorry to learn that you are not happy with your stay. As a budget hotel we aim to give our guests the best experience at an affordable price. I am disappointed that we were unable to do meet your expectations. We are currently upgrading our Wi-Fi system to improve the coverage and speed. We also have rooms with En-suites which will give you a better shower experience.

Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very small room but kept clean. Breakfast was simple and enjoyable. Friendly staff. Wifi's tremendously weak. I stayed at the top floor and I always had difficulty connecting to the point where I had to take my laptop with me a few floors down to fully connect and for wifi to speed up a little. I was disappointed.

Also the front desk agents need to be more knowledgeable about the kind of adapters they lend to guests. I had to make two trips down after giving the wrong adapter twice...until I realized the adapter I was given was actually one for electric shavers only. I finally got the correct one that worked...but still, something like this should never happen to other guests that may need adapters in the future.

Overall my stay was alright despite my issue with the wifi. The hotel is the conveniently located near the underground station and many sights like Birmingham Palace, which I've had the pleasure to visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Christal R

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I noted your comment on Wi-fi. I am extremely sorry and apologise for this trouble. We have recently noted that our top floor access point is broken down. I have addressed this Issue to the IT services. we are currently in the process of looking at how we can improve the signal and bandwidth. We hope to have a solution in place in the coming months. I also noted your comment on adaptors. We have all different type of adaptors for guests around the world. I have discussed with my reception staff about it.

I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel was good value for money
Staff were friendly
easily located by train and bus station
Although very basic you get what you pay for
Breakfast was basic continental but quick and friendly staff

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your recommendation. I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time when you are in London.

Email : manager@hotellondon.co.uk

Been to Caswell Hotel? Share your experiences!