“Perfect place to stay in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Goring

You added The Goring to your Saves list
The Goring
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beeston Place, Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0JW, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Rate
Advance Purchase Offer
Ranked #6 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Caesarea, Israel
“Perfect place to stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved my stay at the Goring. I felt like a real princess. The treatment by the various personnel was excellent and fastidious. Every question, every request, was answered. The room was turned out beautifully, the facility is spotless and comfortable. I felt right at home; as if it were my own little corner of the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear cvwgi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at The Goring.
I am thrilled that you loved you stay at The Goring and felt like a princess during your time with us. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests felt completely at home with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to The Goring in the not too distant future.

Graham Copeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just to qualify, we first stayed here three years ago... before it's recent fame as Kate's pre-wedding pad. It was lovely, staid and so dignified. Very quiet even with the bustle of Victoria Station so close. The bar is cozy and lived-in (in a good way.) It's so close to everything either on foot or the Tube (Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, St. James's Park, etc.Our room was quaint and full of built-ins. We were expecting some packages and they went out of their way to be sure we received them when needed. We felt well taken care of.

Room Tip: A higher floor and facing the garden in the back is good if you like quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear SAEMom25,

Thank you very much for your review of The Goring.

I am delighted that you felt well taken care of and that you enjoyed your time with us so much. It is true Beeston Place is a little oasis of tranquillity despite being so close to the hustle and bustle of Victoria. Our location is as you mentioned perfect for seeing all of the highlights that London has to offer.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring and the Bar is looking as cosy as always.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We started our trip here arriving at 7AM from Heathrow. We were beautifully greeted, our room was ready and clean.
The room was small but fixtures and fittings were modernised, functional and attractive.
No minibar or tea making facilities, but room service was great.
The staff are all very friendly and ever so keen to please.
Food was good, but we didn't try dinner as we had other plans.
Very pleasant small luxury hotel, but our room was small.

Room Tip: Get larger rooms if your budget allows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Goring.

I am thrilled that you had a warm ‘Goring’ welcome from the team on arrival and that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you weren’t too disappointed at the lack of mini bar in your room and am glad you made the most of our 24 hour Room Service. At The Goring we prefer to make our guests any drinks that they desire ourselves so that they can totally relax and make the most of their stay with us.

Despite your room being on the slightly small side I hope that you enjoyed its view of our garden. Please do discuss with Oliver and his team any concerns you have about our rooms whilst making your next reservation with us so that we can ensure you have the best possible one for your needs.

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the wonderful Goring Hotel last week. Wow, what a great experience from the minute I checked in until check out. The hotel is very intimate-they greet you by name and make you feel very welcome. I was fortunate to stay in The Royal Suite and was not disapointed! Beautiful rooms decorated like a country house,t.v.'s hidden in remote cabinet, great bathroom with lots of towels and a tv! The dining room is beautiful with wonderful service and food. I love the bar and lounges. At cocktail hour they bring a featured cocktail of the day to your room-a lovely and nice touch! What fun.. Every detail at The Goring is fantastic. I look forward to going back for many years to come! I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff. My new favorite London hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jonesfab,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Goring.

I am delighted that from the moment you checked into the hotel you enjoyed your stay with us and that we didn’t disappoint you. I do have to agree there is something very relaxing about watching TV whilst having a soak in the bath and of course while sipping the cocktail of the day!

The team and I are thrilled that we are your new favourite London hotel and that you will be returning to see us for many years to come. We look forward to your next visit which we hope will be in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed at the Goring in 2011 for 5 nights, as I thought it would be a great start to my holiday, and how right I was. I arrived in London during the riots, and had no idea they were happening as I was travelling from Australia. On arrival at the Goring the service was wonderful, only one night during my stay the management of the hotel advised guest to stay inside. The most wonderful sight was when 3 vans of riot police parked across the road, and the staff took them out cups of tea in nice china cups. Imagine if you will tough London Bobbies all dressed in riot gear drinking out of china cups, yes most did have their little finger raised. My room was wonderful, the staff were marvellous and I really did not want to leave. But I keep telling myself 'not to worry you will be back in July 2013, for another 5 nights and hopefully in August 2013 for a few days before my trip to Iceland. I have had to put in that I stayed in Nov 2011 but I stayed in August 2011.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
The_Goring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear katherine j,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us last year.

I am thrilled that we provided such a great start to your holiday and that throughout your time with us you found the service to be top notch. It certainly was an interesting sight a collection of policeman sipping from our china cups!

We were sad to see you go too but that is brilliant news that you are planning to come back and see us twice in 2013. Oliver and his team look forward to receiving your call and booking you in. I am sure that it won’t be quite the same next year.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a great little hotel. The service is exceptional and in a friendly way. Decor is elegant and welcoming. The rooms are a little on the small side, so make sure you don't have too much luggage as we did. Having said that, they are happy to store it for you.
The location is great, near restaurants and a 20min walk to the real shops.
We stayed for a few days and then returned. Our first room was overlooking the courtyard, which was beautiful. The next room was overlooking the street and obviously newer rooms, which wasn't as nice and more noise and a lesser experience.
Look forward to our next visit

Room Tip: Go for the older sections overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear hungry c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the beginning of the summer.
We are delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us and that we are in the perfect location for all of our needs. The team and I are also thrilled that you found the service to be exceptional whilst also being friendly.

I am sorry that your second room on your return stay was not as much to your liking as on your first visit. Please do talk to Oliver and the other members of our Reservations teams who will be able to describe our various rooms to you so that we can ensure you get the ideal room for your next stay
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Goring - ‘London at its cosiest best’!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wonderful hotel: very traditional but will good decor and up-to-date features and certain amount of recent history ... Really lovely and helpful staff, great restaurant for supper, good breakfast, good location.

(Very) pricey but worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexs_73,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Goring.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel whether it was the décor around and about our hotel or eating in our Dining Room. I have passed your comments onto the team who were thrilled to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to The Goring.

Graham Copeman

Been to The Goring? Share your experiences!