We stayed at this YHA hostel just for 1 night and a half (we left early in the morning), and I'm quite glad it wasn't longer.
The location is nice and, as someone already pointed out, the canal is beautiful, but to get there from the previous hostel in Earl's Court we had to travel a bit.
The staff was ok, except the first receptionist who was quite rude, in fact - but that depends on the individual, I guess.
We arrived a bit earlier and our room wasn't ready, so we had to put our luggage in the lockers; no problem with that, except for the fact that we had to pay for it twice (tot 4£) as we wanted to take something from one of the bags and had to put coins again in order for the locker to close (the sign said that for 2£ you could leave stuff there for 24h).
When we arrived to our room, we were very disappointed: it was very small, the beds looked like small, white coffins and the carpet was stained... I can't say for sure that it was dirty, but surely looked like that. On a more positive note, we had a TV set (which we didn't use, as we didn't spend much time at the hostel), a boiler with cups, sugar and tea and a private bathroom with the shower.
Still, the bathroom was quite problematic: when we checked in, we were informed that, due to the setting of the fire alarm, we had to keep the door shut while showering or using sprays for not taking these precautions would have caused the fire alarm to start and the evacuation of the building. OK, no problem with showering with the door shut... but when I came out of the shower and had to dry my hair I discovered that the only socket available was near the door, under a fire detector...
Overall, this is not a horrible place to stay - I've seen worse - but, at the same time, for the same price you can have much better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA London Thameside. Popular with School Groups from around the world as well as Individuals and families.All 70 rooms Ensuite .Easy to get to using Public Transport. Bus 380 and C10 outside of Hostel. Easy walk to either Canada Water undeground or Rotherhithe Overground. Great Breakfast, Snacks and evening meals available. Free WiFi with England & Wales Membership. Discounts on attractions and theatre shows. Really simple connections to Londons city centre and top attractions or just chill by the river Thames in SE16. Make Thameside part of your London memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Odigeo, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your YHA London Thameside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha London Thameside Hotel London
- YHA London Thameside England