Me and my friend stayed two nights at this hostel. Overall it was an ok place, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that it didn't seem to be any employed staff. It felt as though it was people living there who were caring for the place aswell, and that feels a bit unsafe for me. I've stayed at two hostels in London and this was the best one; the location (3 min walk to Oxford St), the possibility to lock up ones belongings and the toilets was clean and fresh. You could tell that this was a hostel for young people and me being in my 25s felt almost too old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the oldest low budget hotels in London, the Museum has been helping weary backpackers and travellers loosen up since 1977! The location of this hostel makes it one of the best value hostels in London central. Right in front of the British Museum guests can access Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and Leicester Square in just 10 minutes. Definitely the best central London hostel.A cosy budget hostel split across two buildings near Russell Square, this low cost hotel doesn't feel much like it. With a recently renovated kitchen, new reception and revamped lounge. There are dozens of sights located so close to the hostel, and is best hostel to visit as much of London as you can take in! Otherwise stay indoors with your fellow residents and enjoy a good time in the kitchen or if weather permits on our small terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Astor Museum Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astor`s Museum Hotel London
- Astor Museum Hostel London, England