My husband and I (both in our early 20's) went on a Eurotrip which included a stay at St. Christophers INN, London, England in July.
We stayed in an 8 person dorm room which was all the way up like... 6 flights of stairs on the top floor. The entire floor smelled like horse poop. I'm not even exaggerating, it smelled like farm animals. The bathrooms are all "community bathrooms" for each floor, and they looked and smelled like they hadn't been cleaned in months. The rooms smelled like beer and sweat and the beds are basically bunk beds with a plastic mat laid on top...not so comfy. (NOTE: if you choose an 8 person dorm, be prepared to have people being loud, walking in at random hours of the day and night.) All of the door handles and floors were sticky and covered in...who knows what. (SUGGESTION: bring antibacterial hand sanitizer.) The free breakfast was what was expected - gross instant coffee and toast. (Please just go somewhere else for a Full English Breakfast....you'll thank me!)
This hostel was pretty cheap for the 8 person room we slept in. However, if we had spent $10-20 more dollars, we probably could have gotten a private and much cleaner hotel room. The bar/restaurant right downstairs was very convenient and had friendly bartenders. The location of this hostel was also great. It was right up the street from this AWESOME market. (Make sure you find out what days and hours the market is open and go to it!) I also suggest that you go for a very long walk and get yourself lost for a day. We found so many awesome little areas after exploring London on foot.
- bring an umbrella and sweatshirt/jacket because its cold and it rains every 20 minutes. NOT KIDDING. This was in mid-July.
-bring baby wipes/hand sanitizer/ cleaning products?
-bring a lock for your locker
-go get lost in London! visit the Markets first!
-skip the free toast/instant coffee breakfast and go get a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST!
-If you are traveling as a couple, try finding cheap hotels to stay at instead of hostels...Sometimes 1 room at a cheap hotel is actually cheaper than 2 beds at a hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally an Inn for weary horse drawn coach travellers, this St Christopher's Inn offers a traditional taste of English life and easy access to the attractions of the South Bank. You can enjoy fish n' chips with a pint of ale at the pub downstairs and be at the Tate Modern 15-minutes later ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your St. Christopher's Inn - London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Christopher`s Inn - London Bridge Hotel London
- St. Christopher's Inn - London Bridge England