“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Chiswick Palace & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Chiswick Palace & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Chiswick Palace & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   73 Chiswick High Road | Chiswick, London W4 2LS, England (Chiswick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #468 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Brussels, Belgium
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On arrival in the evening I found the bed sheets to be dirty with hairs in the bed and pillow cases. Of course I complained and was shown 2 other rooms both of which had hairs in the bed too.
I can only assume that the bed sheets in this hotel are rarely changed! If this is the case this has to be the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in, it is marked as a 3 star? (It should be at minimum clean).

The people working on reception of the hotel did not seem surprised that the sheets were not changed but were surprised when I asked them to change them - they protested that they are not trained to do this ( no house keepers as evening time) .

One of them did at least offer to change the sheets - well he at least went to the room for 20 minutes but I know that he removed the top sheet but the bottom was still there as was stained so I know that this was not changed.

It gets worse as I also noticed that there were marks on the toilet seat which was explained to me that they were 'just old marks' ' where the toilet had got old or stained with bleach. Unfortunately this was not the case this was urine and fesses on the seat. So a dirty toilet on top of dirty sheets.

Due to working the next day I was not able to move hotel but complained and they promised to put in fresh sheets and clean the toilet. During a 4 day stay I asked several times for the bottom sheet to be changed too but it never was. I gave up with the hairs in the pillow case.

I asked for compensation and found my self cornered by the manager after 'breakfast' (by the way in my opinion is of very poor quality and who eats tinned fruit for breakfast?). The manager wasn't at all apologetic but wanted to negotiate on the level of discount that they would offer me. I thought one night out of the four at minimum but apparently the manager can only discount a maximum of 50% of one night in such a situation. His negotiation style was to ask me lots of questions, as if I had done something wrong.

This was for me really the last straw and clearly will never go back, clearly this hotel relies on its location to charge such room rates but surely the bed sheets should be changed and rooms clean? It felt to me that these were optional extras. It is pure luck that I haven't caught any diseases from staying there under such conditions.

My custom to this hotel is lost, I work nearby so could have been a regular customer 4 nights a week 48 weeks a year but instead will opt for a hotel further away but that I am confident that is clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked this as decided to take my fiancée out in Chiswick. Booked it due to the parking.
The car park is very tight so watch your wing mirrors.
Booked a deluxe room which was very ordinary. The bed was two singles pushed together and the sheets were stained. There were layers of dust on the wardrobe and the shower door was broken.
Room was at front of hotel so was very noisy.

The breakfast was not good. No pork allowed so no bacon and the sausages were chicken.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The reception staff were friendly. The room, in an annex was small. Unappealing with stained bed cover. The alternative room offered was larger but equally as unattractive. The furniture was old and tired. we did not stay, just awful. If this is a part of a chain would someone in head office call and inspect rooms 53 and 18 and then tell me I am talking nonsense.. This hotel is appalling.

• Stayed January 2013
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I would not usually choose to stay in a Best Western, however on the day we found out we had been allocated Olympics tickets, I went to book a hotel and this was one of the only options available at the time without paying a ridiculous price. So I took a chance and booked it.

As the location was very convenient for us to get to from the M4, we decided to drive and park in the hotel car park. Fortunately there was one space still available when we arrived, otherwise I'm not sure what we would have done! There doesn't seem to be anywhere near enough spaces for the number of rooms. The hotel is a short walking distance from the nearest tube station, but still a fairly lengthy journey to central London. If it was not for the Olympics, there would have been much better options available.

The hotel itself was nothing special, though service at reception was friendly and efficient. The room we were allocated was in one of the annex buildings and faced the main road. This wasn't great, as the room was so hot most of the time that we had to sleep with the window open. There was a fan in the room, but it was useless.

Breakfast was mediocre and not a great selection. We are not fussy eaters, but there didn't appear to be anything particularly appetising.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again, there are far better options nearby or in the center if you prefer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here during the Olympics and the location was ideal. Having free onsite parking was also a bonus as we were travelling on afterwards.
The rooms were clean and well furnished, if a little small, and staff were polite and helpful at all times. The cooked breakfast was good, and the restaurant area was a nice place to relax in.
The price was high, but then this was London during the Olympics, so overall it was probably good value!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Myself, my daughter and a friend chose this hotel as it was near to the Hammersmith Apollo.We stayed for one night and shared a ground floor room at the front of the hotel.The room was clean,spacious and comfortable with a good shower and plenty of hot water.Tea,coffee maker etc.
The staff at reception were polite and friendly and breakfast was good,plenty of choice with perfectly cooked poached eggs.
I was happy with our choice of hotel for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Really easy to access just off A4. Excellent for an easy getaway in morning if you're heading West or North. Also handy for either Gatwick or Heathrow.
Three adults shared a ground floor room in the annexe, parked immediately outside the room. Quiet, comfortable, good bathroom.
Decent breakfast and overall excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Chiswick Palace & Suites? Share your experiences!