“Nice hotel - appalling customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of London Premier Kensington

You added London Premier Kensington to your Saves list
London Premier Kensington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32-36 Hogarth Road | Earl's Court, London SW5 0PU, England (Formerly Hogarth Hotel London Kensington) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #805 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel - appalling customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Firstly, the hotel itself was really nice. The room was lovely and on a high floor which prevented the noise mentioned in previous reviews.

It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday during the 2 nights that we stayed. I had contacted the hotel prior to the stay to enquire about wine and balloons etc in the room. The hotel manager replied to say he would advise me on prices - 3 emails later he still didn't respond. I presumed my request would not be fulfilled because we had not confirmed any details.

When we arrived at the hotel, a bottle of wine and balloons were in the room, apparently 'complimentary' according to the concierge. However, when we came to check out I was charged £50 for a £7 bottle of wine and some balloons. I had not agreed this extortionate price, so protested at first but ended up paying it because the queue of people waiting to check in was so big.

I followed this matter up with the hotel when I got home. The hotel manager Naveen called me and we agreed a partial refund because I had overpaid for the service I received. Agreed by him. He assured me the agree amount would be refunded to my account using the details they already had. I didn't receive a penny. I wrote a letter to the Head Office with emails, bank statements, call logs and still no response. Emailed the reservations team and still nothing. I called the reservations team today who are chasing the matter up for me. They will not give me a contact number for senior management or Head Office so I'm still waiting for my money back nearly a month on.

Appalling customer service. I've been lied to, ignored and ripped off completely.

Please don't give this disgraceful company any of your money. Lovely hotel let down by by horrendous customer service.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the location, it's just about 500 m from Earl's Court station. I have a mixed review about the staffs, our check-in and restaurant staffs are very nice, friendly, and always with a smile. When we checked in, he could not find our name in the system, and he had to make some calls until we have our room. When we're checking out, there were three ladies at this tiny reception, and one of them are really rude, no smile at all! Luckily the one that handed our check-out details offer thank you with a smile. We have a pleasant stay, until the check-out moment...

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I arrived to the hotel, I was a little disappointed as I was expecting a hotel with much larger rooms. I quickly remembered that I was not in Canada and that accommodations in Europe are typically are smaller then in North America. After visiting my hotel room, I was very impressed with the condition and how clean of the hotel. The was was very quaint, staff was very kind (Marian, Monica, Anna, and Iinal), and most importantly the hotel was very close to almost everything - especially the tube: Earls Court.

If you are a light sleeper, the I would highly recommend that you bring ear plugs as sometimes the tube outside the hotel can be a little noisy. I really don't think you will be able to get away from this noise wherever you go as the tube seems to be everywhere in the City this large.

Breakfast was amazing - located across the street in a sister hotel. The staff in the restaurant was so friendly and the food was delicious.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London!

Room Tip: If you expect to use the internet while on your trip, be sure to bring a computer or device that you...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As the are literally no positives to feedback regarding this hotel, I'll just stick to the negatives & to hold your attention (as I feel it's important for anyone even slightly considering this hotel) I've simply compiled a list...

Unfriendly staff who don't have a clue what they're doing, room was tiny, room smelt of damp carpet, tiny bathroom (which was also filthy), lose fittings, uncomfortable bed, broken lights, terrible breakfast (which was set in a hotel down the road & took 45mins to queue for due not having enough tables) & there was train track conveniently situated outside the bedroom window so I didn't even sleep. All in all, an awful experience. A cardboard box would have served me better.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
dorset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We confused this hotel with Premier Inns - from its name it sounds as if it is part of the Premier Inn Group. The room we were given on the ground floor was small (and apparently one of the bigger ones). We had booked a 'deluxe' room. As soon as we opened the shower room door the smell hit us, which got progressively worse as time went on, it was an unbearable smell of raw sewage. We immediately complained to reception and insisted on moving to another room. We then were given a room on the 3rd floor which was smaller (not even much room to get round the end of the bed). It had only one bedside lamp, and the television had some strange channels. The bathroom was much better than our original one, but a very poor shower, extremely low pressure. We understand that the problem with our room was already known about, and that there were several others with the same problem - presumably all on the ground floor. This was worrying that nothing had been done about quite a serious fault in the sewage system.

We had breakfast in the hotel opposite which was very pleasant, but always a long queue for seats.
There was some noise from the underground until late night, even on our floor, but perhaps this was to be expected in London. On the positive side, it was very convenient for Earls Court Station, and walking distance to Knightsbridge and Kensington Gardens.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Location is great. Close to earls court station with easy access to Central London.

Hotel itself is very dated and staff were not overly friendly. Very methodical in their approach. Certainly a smile would not have hurt anyone. Lift only goes to floor 3. My room on floor 4 then needed a very narrow flight of stairs to get us there.

The room itself was little ok more than a cupboard and had an odour of cat urine. Walls and floor appeared grubby and full of holes. The good news though. There was a bathroom. Constant sound of dripping water was interesting though.

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thus is our fifth stay in Premier Kensington, and it is always a great experience . We feel relaxed in a central location close to all amenities . We find the buffet breakfast a great start to the day , it's delicious , varied and served in a very pleasant dining room. We believe it's the manager and staff that make the hotel so attractive, their courtesy and response to any request is timely and efficient. When we mentioned that our room was a liltle small we were moved to a larger one and lonely bowl of fruit there to greet us . Margaret and Bill Power , Ireland

• Stayed November 2014
naveen c, Front Office Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your excellent feedback through TripAdvisor.

The team and I are very happy to receive your excellent feedback and to note that your experience at our property was great.We truly share your good experience and excellent comments with and give their wishes on behalf of you.

Your detailed feedback regarding the overall service is very motivating and inspiring in regards to the service, breakfast and our staff especially which we feel very humble.

I do hope that we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to The London Premier Kensington again in the near future.

Please contact us on fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com in your future bookings with us.

Kind Regards,

Naveen Cheruku & All the team from London Premier Kensington.

Been to London Premier Kensington? Share your experiences!