“Excellent for a quick night stop.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London County Hall

You added Premier Inn London County Hall to your Saves list
Premier Inn London County Hall
County Hall | Belvedere Road, London SE1 7PB, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #112 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent for a quick night stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed for just one very brief night after a social function in town so wasn't actually in the hotel all that long, but whilst there I was impressed.
There is an automated check in option, which worked well....just type your name in and it issues a key card, but a couple of staff were on hand to help also - friendly and welcoming despite the late hour.
The hotel was clean and tidy throughout, and the room itself had a quality feel to it despite being in what a lot of people would consider an economy chain. Excellent bedding, nice firm pillows and a light duvet, good facilities in the room and a bright, clean bathroom.
Not stuffily hot or air conditioned to freezing point either as so many other hotel rooms seem to be.
Just about the only criticism of the room I can think of was that the bathroom door slammed a bit hard. Not a massive issue....just a little worrying that I was perhaps waking up the neighbours, as the other noticeable thing is how quiet the hotel was for a weekend, despite its central location.
Being an inside room the view wasn't brilliant, but in London this is hardly a problem as there are so many land marks within five minutes of the hotel front door.
Cost.....spot on for where it is.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Annabelle M, Reception Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear feedback of our service and we will pass on the positive comments to our Team Members.

In regards to the loud bathroom door, each bathroom door acts as a fire door so it is essential that the doors seal effectively. If you would like to e-mail me directly the number of the room that you stayed in, you can do this on receptionmgrcountyhall.pti@whitbread.com and we can check the door in question.

I hope you will stay with us again soon, if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Lovely staff lovely room lovely breakfast. We booked a family room as we were treating my fiancées daughter to a very special birthday treat taking in the lion king, the dungeon and the eye. The location was ideal as all the places we were going to the staff all very friendly the breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. Strongly recommend this as a place to stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to receive such high feedback of our location. I am delighted to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful and we are thrilled to hear that you will recommend our hotel.

I hope that you will stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com if there is anything I can do for you.
Chester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed one night on business. The location is very good especially for tourists, just over Westminster Bridge behind the London Eye. Lots of places to eat across the road and if you turn left on leaving the hotel, not right as I did, a minute or so from Waterloo station (tube and main line). Go right and you start to see some "interesting" bits of South London.

The check in was great, very welcoming. Nice size room with all the usual Premier Inn comforts. Nice comfortable bed and I had a good night of sleep. Clean and pleasant. Didn't eat or drink in the hotel.

Good value - well very good value really - and overall a very good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you liked the location and delighted to hear that you found your check-in easy and welcoming. It is always good to know that you found Premier Inn of good value.

I hope to welcome you back soon, if there is anything I can do for you for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com!
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We chose this hotel for a family visit to London. It was a fun place to stay. It wasn't too hot, we were there in September so the weather was on our side. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was well done but the evening meal we had one night was not great. The hotel is in a perfect spot for seeing the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for a double double room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our team pleasant and helpful, I will pass these positive comments on to our team members.

Thank you for your honest review of our restaurant, I will pass on the feedback you have given us to our food and beverage team. We appreciate any feedback given as this allows us to continually improve our service.

I hope you choose to stay with us again soon, if there is anything I can do for you for your next stay or you would like to discuss the evening meal you had further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wouldn't have thought to review this hotel had it not been for Alex Polizzi writing in the Telegraph how much she dislikes Premier Inns. Staying in Central London in a clean, comfortable room with a cheerful welcome at check-in for £146 does it for me. I feel safe, and although this place must be about 10 years old, the rooms are well maintained.
OK, I wouldn't necessarily choose it for a romantic weekend but it's fine if you want a place to get your head down for a couple of nights.
Of the budget hotels, I've probably stayed in more Premiers than any other and they are very consistent. Jury's seem to vary. Travel Lodges are really basic, not as well maintained and often there's no one on reception at night so in the past I've felt unsafe when there's been a rowdy crowd around. And you get the Hen night or Stag party groups using Travel Lodges because they're cheap. Holiday Inn Express I've used least and they are more expensive than Premiers. The equivalent to Premier County Hall costs £186.
So knock it off, Alex. You can't get your Endsleigh Hotel for anything like the money in Central London. Budget hotels fill a real need and Premier are great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Location was superb, situated along the River Thames in front of the London Eye, also next to Sea-life aquarium and London dungeons. Across the river you could see Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. A short 5 minute walk was Waterloo station.

Hotel staff had great customer service, always helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy with a flat screen tv on the wall, shower & bath, really comfy bed like all premier inns I have stayed at. We ate at the restaurant twice in the evenings, best meal we had throughout our stay in London. Also a lot of nice restaurants along the river front to eat at.

Over all an excellent trip to London!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is superbly situated just a stones throw from the River Thames and Westminster is only a few minutes walk. The staff are attentive with excellent customer service skills.
We where surprised how spacious and clean our room was, better than expected. Breakfast was really good with something for everyone. Highly recommended wouldn't hesitate to return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn London County Hall? Share your experiences!