“Great value, great location. Let know by cold breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London County Hall

You added Premier Inn London County Hall to your Saves list
Premier Inn London County Hall
County Hall | Belvedere Road, London SE1 7PB, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #112 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Partridge Green, United Kingdom
“Great value, great location. Let know by cold breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife, daughter and myself stayed here completely free using Premier Inn's 'Great Night Giveaway' offer. Even if we had to pay, at just £94 it's great value for central London. We were given a massive double-double room. The staff were extremely pleasant throughout our stay.

A pet hate of mine is buffet cooked breakfasts. These always result in cold food but if you fail to heat the plates, as they did here, you've got no chance. I had to rush back to my table to eat it before the last traces of heat left it. If you must have a buffet, heat the plates!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

By booking this hotel in advance we managed to secure a very good deal. The risk was that in the event of cancelling there was no refund, but cancellation was unlikely and thus it was we had 2 nights for less than £50 a head. Admittedly this didn't include breakfast, but for less than £8 there was an 'as much as you can eat' breakfast, very well cooked and pleasantly presented by the hotel staff. I was at first taken aback by the automatic booking in system, but staff were there to assist, and in fact, throughout our short stay the hotel staff were all very helpful and extremely polite. This hotel could not be more central, close as it is to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey,it was quiet and very clean and it makes a first class stop over for any short visit to London.

Room Tip: Our room was inner facing. It might have lacked a view but it was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Yes the hotel has a great central location under the shadow of the London Eye and a short walk across the bridge to central London.

The bedrooms are basic but fine enough, take your own toiletries. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of hot water with no waiting around.

The reception was typical Premier Inn, no true reception desk, and when you book in remember the telephone number for reception because you will not find it in the room or on the phone.

It was good that you could leave your luggage on arrival and go out and the same on your final day if travelling late and no charge.

However when it comes to reaching your room or coming back down, not a place to stay if you do not like lifts. Following the fire escape signs it was a significant distance to the doors but they fed you into what looked like a derelict stair well which I did not venture down. A member of staff told me that they liked to escort people on their first use of the steps because they did not want people to get lost. So much for a fire escape.

The bar was OK.

So on arrival two of the three ladies in our group told the man on reception that they were gluten free and would there be gluten free bread at breakfast. Yes there will be. Saturday breakfast arrived but no gluten free bread. Lots of apologies but no bread, we will have it tomorrow for you. Sunday came and yet again no gluten free bread. Restaurant manager told us he had been off and no message was left. We suggested that it might be a good idea to have one loaf a day brought in. He said it was not always needed and we reminded him that he probably had a freezer!

Saturday breakfast was somewhat manic, with poached eggs delivered to your table with no notice so they cooled down whilst you joined the queue for the rest of the breakfast. One toaster was not working properly. No mugs available for tea.

Sunday however was much worse. Only one side of the breakfast buffet bar was working and that was very slow. The whole queue came to a grinding halt whilst we waited some five minutes for both fried and scrambled eggs to arrive. The fresh scrambled eggs were thrown in on top of the dregs from the earlier consignment.

Again no mugs for tea and only one fully functioning toaster. To get orange juice you had to break through the the constant queue at the buffet bar. To make matter worse no one cleared the tables and so you sat amongst your own dirty dishes and that of others.

When cornered the manager of the restaurant eventually apologised saying someone had gone sick. Obviously that one person was the main man!

Eventually after some straight talking the hotel's deputy manager refunded our costs for the six breakfasts on both days.

As we left the restaurant on the Sunday morning there were at least twenty people waiting in a queue to enter the restaurant.

The experience really detracted from a nice weekend. We have stayed in the Premier Inn at Watford and at St Pancras and both were very nice. I would have to think long and hard about reusing this hotel though, if we did it would only be for the benefit of its location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I was going to a concert at the Royal Festival Hall which is only a few minutes walk away. The rooms are pretty standard for Premier Inns - basic but comfortable and clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is great, right by the London Eye on the Embankment, a very short walk to Waterloo tube station and less than 15 minutes walk to Covent Garden and theatreland. There were plenty of places to eat nearby but I chose to have breakfast in the hotel. If you are hungry enough for "all you can eat" it's good value. I thought this hotel was great for a base in an otherwise very expensive part of London and would cetainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
YORKSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise having booked 2 rooms for my sons 21st on arrival i asked for rooms near each other with a London eye view and we got just that! Hotel staff were very nice, the hotel was clean and welcoming, the rooms were clean as were the corridors and lifts and the breakfast was also very good with a good choice, my daughter (9) ate free at breakfast.

They offer valet parking which we didn't use but is available. The hotel is very close to Waterloo and we found getting around very easy. I really can not fault the weekend stay we had here and i would definitely stay again. For a budget hotel i found the standard very good.

We stayed in London in october 2012 and in comparison this was by far the better hotel of the 2 on every level!

We had a family room, double with a put up bed for my daughter and another double for my son next door but 1 to us, it couldn't have been more perfect for what we wanted. Room service , cleaning was good and the staff were very polite.

In short i would recommend this hotel for couples and families alike.

I am not a snob, nor do I have low standards, my pet hate is people who moan about everything.....don't read into bad reviews and picky people's opinion too much some people are not happy unless they are moaning! It really is a nice friendly clean hotel in a fab location!

• Stayed January 2013
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your room requests. Thank you for your comments regarding our team service, clean and comfortable rooms and public areas and breakfast experience. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
skipton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had County Hall recommended by my sister-in-law, what a find, a short stroll over Westminster Bridge and you are there, I booked a large room-two double beds-at 58 and 33, it has been a long time since mother and son had shared a bedroom, this was a brilliant idea, the room was huge, ok so there wasn't a lot of coathangers-6-enough for my clothes! but it was spotlessly clean and the housekeeper changed our towels twice over the 4 days. I must mention the breakfast, they say as much as you can eat and they mean it, there is everything you want and my son declared the cooked breakfast fantastic, and the scrambled eggs awesome. they even have the times colour coded so you know which are the quiet/busy times. I cant recommend County Hall enough and the next time I visit London I will be staying there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and breakfast experience. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Premier Inn at the County Hall is a surprising find in the centre of London. Within easy walking distance of Waterloo Tube Station and ideally located for the all the traditional attractions, including The palace of Westminster, Downing Street, London Eye and Trafalgar Square and the National Art Gallery.

The hotel is basic but comfortable, clean and pleasant. I didn't take up the option of extras etc evening meal, breakfast etc, with so many great places to eat in London you do not need to stay in the hotel to eat.

If you are exploring London and need a reasonable place to stay book in at the Premier Inn County Hall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and central location. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Premier Inn London County Hall? Share your experiences!