“great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London County Hall

You added Premier Inn London County Hall to your Saves list
Premier Inn London County Hall
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   County Hall | Belvedere Road, London SE1 7PB, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #107 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed at this hotel last weekend and had a great stay, the location suited us its was in a great area, the staff very friendly and helpful and the room was spotless . we had all you can eat breakfast which was a great start to the day and evening meal was perfect , i have to say this hotel was to a high standard not at all what i was expecting, i am now planning my next stay in this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: we didnt have a room with a view but really didnt matter on this occasion it was an inner room and d...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our central location, team service, room cleanliness and breakfast. I am glad that we managed to exceed your expectations during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel was excellent - the location is outstanding and within walking distance of the theatres. The rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable. It was quiet throughout our stay and we had a good sized room. The staff were all pleasant both at check-in and during breakfast. The food was good too.

A special mention for VIPCARPARKING - they need a bigger mention on the website as the parking service was great.- i just pulled up outside the hotel, unloaded the bags, gave the keys to Xavier and forgot about my car until it was returned to me the next morning at the agreed time. Excellent! .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, room cleanliness and breakfast. I am glad that you had a great experience with our VIP car valet parking service. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Frome, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location and we got room at a great price for central London. Clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was excellent, loads of choice and very tasty, you hardly need lunch after that. We really enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant on one of the nights - well worth doing, even though there is so much choice locally available. Good food at excellent prices, especially if you do the 3 course dinner plus breakfast offer. Although we did not use this, there were very nice choices of dishes included in this offer. Wifi free for 30 mins then £3 for 24 hours - very reasonable compared to most hotels. Also being able to leave luggage for a few hours in their luggage room after we checked out was very useful. All staff very pleasant and helpful. I will definately use Premier Inn again, and would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, restaurant and breakfast. It's great to know that you used our left luggage facility to extend your stay in London. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I came here with my husband for a weekend break just before Xmas and had a great tiem. When we arrived (around 1400hrs) it was fairly busy in reception but we were immediately greeted by a member of staff and asked if we would like to use the automated check in service, which we did. It was quick and simple and the staff member stayed close by to assist with any problems. Our room keys were given to us and as per usual the room was very clean. Considering we were in the middle of a city it was incredibly quiet and we heard very little noise from outside. We had breakfast at the hotel but otherwise ate out so cant really comment on the food. Breakfast was a typical premier inn brekkie but all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would def come here again and would reccommend to others. Great location too. Close enough to get to anywhere in the city centre and 5 mins walk from Waterloo station - perfect :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed your check-in, room cleanliness and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Walkden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This Inn is a really great place to stay. It is in a prime location which is central for most attractions. A great base to see all the attraction around of which most are within walking distance.
We booked 2 family rooms, one for my daughter and her partner and 1grandchild and one for my husband, myself and grandson. I rang the inn 2 days before travelled and asked if possible to be put as high up as possible and with a view as it was a special occasion and also had read some reviews that said it was very noisy on lower floors. Didn't think we would be lucky enough to get them, but we were. Rooms are really clean, warm and comfortable. We decided to book a meal deal for the first night as we thought we might be tired to go looking for something else. It cost £22.99 inc vat per person for the adults and you got a drink included and a full buffet breakfast the morning after. Amazing price and the food was really good, plenty of choice and the breakfast was amazing. The kids also got breakfast free anyway. Really good value for money. All the staff were very helpful and polite and they were great with the grandchildren, especially Poppy my granddaughter who found a special friend on reception who was also called Poppy. We all enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to everyone. We will be staying here again in the future. Well done Premier Inn County Hall, job well done x

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as lower ones are over the service areas and could be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, room cleanliness and restaurant. Thank you for your comments regarding Poppy, who is a recent addition to our team - I will pass this feedback onto her. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Perth,West Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here New Years Eve , and then mid Jan for 3 nights. Had a family room both times (2 double beds, and a cot). Rooms were always clean, bathrooms always neat and tidy.

You pay a bit more than other Prem Inns - But you pay for the great central location - London Eye is literally behind the hotel, Big Ben is around the corner and over the bridge, Jubilee Gardens (with fenced in kids playground if you need it ) right next door. Aquarium right behind you also. So it's easy to walk along the river, checking out the sights.

Waterloo tube is about 2 mins walk, and also Waterloo Central is there (central terminus station so trains going everywhere to and from).

Also a 24hr small supermarket/deli across the road should you need it (though note there are no fridges in any of the Prem Inns I've ever stayed in).

View can be hit and miss.. First time was pokey window overlooking street, not much light, no views. Second time much better view over Jubilee Gardens and London eye. So ask for this better view is available.

Staff were always asking how you were, so they were quite attentive. Had breakfast and dinner several times there, food is good and breakfast is a LARGE choice - So you wont go hungry. Restaurant is a good size... Lots of tables, and views are good if you can grab a window.

No problems with having kids there... Nothing really inside for them, but there's a playground right next door.

Also a small bar in the restaurant should you need it (I did :)

Only small downsides, room keys were constantly failing.. daily. We kept them away from all magnetic interference, but our room and our friends keys often failed and required re-keying. Was just annoying after the 4 or 5 times it happened.

Plus seemed to be a bit of a lack of communication between front desk and room service, and within room service itself... We extended the stay, but house keeping seemed unaware so kept knocking on the door asking when we were leaving. Plus, one day one of us was sick, so told room service when they knocked on the door... But theny kept knocking on the door 2-3 times after they were informed.. Just annoying when you are ill.

However, this aside, good place to check out London. You pay more for the rooms, but probably save this in tube/taxi fares so evens out. Plus location is easy to remember and get to. Waterloo stations means easy tube access and easy access for bigger day trips by train.

FYI if you want New Years Eve at the restaurant - I'd say book yesterday... We were told it always books out months and months in advance... Probably due to the great view.

Would stay again, given location and breakfast/dinner quality all making travelling easier.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Jubilee Gardnes, and get a room high up for better views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a pleasant time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, central location and restaurant. I apologise if you had issues with your room cleans, I have passed this onto our maintenance team to look into. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here . It is a perfect location for Covent Garden ,Houses of Parliament and lots of good eating places. It is right next to the London Eye and the London Aquarium is just round the corner. It is in walking distance of the piers for boat trips. The 188 bus to Greenwich is a 10minute walk away. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We paid £139 for a twin bedded room with full English breakfast. The room had two double beds and a bathroom with bath and shower. It was very quiet inside and out. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast had everything one could possibly want.

Room Tip: We had room 203 but I am sure they are all of the same standard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, central location and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to Premier Inn London County Hall? Share your experiences!