“More than ideal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

You added The Levin to your Saves list
The Levin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AS, England (Knightsbridge)   |
Ranked #35 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Oneonta, Alabama
“More than ideal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you like a small hotel with warm and personal service, Egyptian cotton sheets,a wonderful small restaurant with room service, in a central area of Knightsbridge, look no further. The Levin is literally a stone's throw from Harrod's on a quiet street and a 3 minute walk to the Tube (Knightsbridge) on the Picadilly line (which is a direct shot to Picadilly, Covent Garden, et.al). Their American plan is a great value for the area with transfers to/from Heathrow and a full breakfast each morning. I would do without other things to stay here.

Room Tip: Less expensive rooms have no view, but are perfectly fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a positive and good review from your recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to see good reviews like yours.
I know that our location is one of the best here in London.
I am pleased that all went so well for you and I hope I can welcome you back in the near future.
Take care and all the best

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a charming small hotel, with a personal touch. I stayed for three nights in early May 2013 in a standard room. The bedroom, while not large, was adequate by London standards. The bedroom decor was modern and relatively chic, and the bathroom also looked fresh. Service was cheerful and attentive, and is in keeping with the character of the hotel. The location has much to recommend it: the hotel being in a quiet street very close to Harrods, and a few minutes from a stop on the Piccadilly line. If one wants a relaxing and comfortable experience in the Knightsbridge / South Kensington area, this boutique hotel would be hard to beat.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review you put on TA.

It was a pleassure looking after you whilst you stayed with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well.

Looking much forward to welcoming you again on any future visits to london

Best regards
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had Room 42 (which is pictured in the photos) and loved the location and loved how quiet it was. The bed was cozy and the room was immaculate, very nice hotel and the restaurant in the basement had some very great cuisine. We loved it and would gladly return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel
I am so happy you enjoyed your room.
I will share the comments with all of my team and I would like to welcome you back on future visits to London
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Levin for three nights. The experience was excellent. The room was large by European standards and was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful in terms of directions and recommendations for restaurants. We had booked a three night package which included transportation to and from the airport. Also included breakfast and a dinner in the affiliated restaurant. Another bonus is the location, close to Harrods and an Underground station. Yet the hotel was very quiet. Will stay again at next opportunity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review on TA from your recent stay with us.
It’s always a nice feeling when I read reviews like yours it makes me and my team feel very proud and we have succeeded in another mission. (Mission accomplished)

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all went well I do hope I can welcome you back in the near future please let me know of any future dates and I be happy to help with the booking

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Levin for three nights. Very warm welcome, nice room with all amenities you needed, good breakfast. I had one issue though: the noise from the street. I raised it with the manager (also that I am rather sensitive about this) and was told it would be quiet after 8 pm - no chance of that. It was well after midnight until things calmed down. It might be better on upper floors?!? If I go back, I would only do so when one of the few rooms to the back is available.

Room Tip: upper floor and to the back
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback you left on TA from your recent visit at The Levin Hotel.
It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and service we provided to you during your stay.
I will share the comments with all of my team and I would like to welcome you back on any future visits to London.

Best regards
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Levin is a very nice hotel, with friendly staff and very good amenities. It is one block from Harrod's, which was quite convenient for the shoppers in our group. The water pressure in the showers at the hotel (the measure by which I judge all hotels!) was okay only - not as strong as I would have liked, but the bathroom was large and well-appointed. In fact, the room (a twin bed deluxe) was quite large by London standards, which was very nice for my 3-night stay. I can definitely recommend The Levin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review you recently left on TA about The Levin Hotel.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well.
I am very disappointed to hear about the water pressure was not what you expected
We investigated the problem and we made some adjustments on our pressure system and it looks like the water pressure is slightly better so thank you for reporting the problem
I do apologise once again and I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
newportkona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just returned from a trip which included a few days at The Levin. Our room was very nice and clean, Graham, Eniko and the others at the front desk were very helpful in assisting us with plans for things to do during our stay. Additionally, we enjoyed meeting Mr. Levin at his other hotel and restaurant a few doors down from The Levin and had a very pleasant conversation with him. We came away with the feeling that his formost concern is the satisfaction of his guests. We certainly felt that way. We did eat at his adjacent hotel, The Capital (I believe) and enjoyed a very fine dinner. It has a very nice bar/lounge as well.

We will definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback you left on TA from you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I will share your comments with all of the team members and I`m sure there will be very pleased to hear that a good and professional service had been provided whilst you stayed with us.
I am delighted that you meet Mr. Levin and you enjoyed the service in the Outlaw`s Seafood & Grill at the capital.
I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations
Wishing you all the best

Harald Duttine

Been to The Levin? Share your experiences!