“Great small hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

Save Saved
You added The Levin to your Saves list
The Levin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #52 of 1,073 hotels in London
Bangkok
“Great small hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great location..just a few step to Harrods. I stayed in a deluxe room which is very comfortable and stylish decor. The staffs are very nice and helpful. The is the place for me to stay when I visit London next time for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review you put on TA about you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and all went well
I will share you good comments with all of my team and would be happy to welcome you back on future visits to London

Best regards

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel that I've visited on more than one occasion. The staff remember you, are very attentive and you get that "family run feel" which I love. Location is great bang in the middle of Knightsbridge next to Harrods and just behind Sloane St. Not a cheap hotel by any means but for me offers good value compared to other "big name" hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback you left on TA from you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations
Wishing you all the best

Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excelent, charming, trendy and stylish hiddem gem in London. Very confortable rooms with beautiful interior design, very friendly and helpfull staff, perfect location in a tipical charming London street, Heralds and Sloane Street at your footstep....definitly "the place" to stay in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here and all went well

Best regards
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Location, location, location. This place could not be better. About 100 feet from the door of Harrods, 200 feet from the knightsbridge tube station. You can easily walk to Hyde park or Buckingham Palace. The rooms are cheery and well appointed but the staff makes the place. As friendly and helpful as a bed and breakfast. This is a boutique hotel so there are few rooms. That means people remember your name and what room you are in. They remember what you were planning to see and asked how it went and how you liked it. They make good suggestions for places to see, place to eat, and ways to get around. We would strongly recommend this hotel for its location, room quality, and most importantly the staff. Stay here you won't regret it.

Room Tip: From Heathrow the Piccadilly line is a straight shot to Knightsbridge station. £11 for two people on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel.
We are spoiled with our location so close to Harrods and Sloane Street and a lot of London’s main attractions are just on our door step. I will share the comments with all of my team and I would like to welcome you back on future visits to London

Best Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the Levin. Why i'm always coming back to this lovely hotel?
1. Location, it's very close to knightsbridge tube station and Harrods. It only take 2 minutes !
2. Very friendly and helpful staff, they will do their best to help you. ( ex.hiding my shopping bag from my husband ). And also they know what i need.
3. The Levin itself is a very homey. The size of my room is quite big for typical london boutique hotel. You can also acces wifiin your room.
4. This hotel also child friendly ( my 1st stay here is with my 2 sons). They got souvenirs ( teddy bear and london bus miniature)

Oww, i forgot, they also will offer you tea/coffee when they see that you're tired, very nice, even big hotel is not like that.

In overall, i would like to stay in this hotel again when i come to london again. And it's friendly hotel if you are staying with your children

• Stayed March 2013
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review on TA from your recent stay with us.
It’s always a nice feeling when I read reviews like yours it makes me and my team feel very proud and we have succeeded in another mission. (Mission accomplished)

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all went well I do hope I can welcome you back in the near future please let me know of any future dates and I be happy to help with the booking

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We wanted to stay at a no-nonsense but beautiful hotel for a week-long trip to London for my birthday so we stayed at the Levin. It was great. The hotel is literally steps from Harrods (maybe about 15 steps?) and the Knightsbridge tube stop, as well as a block from Sloane Street and the Equadorian Embassey (where you can waive to J. Assange). It was extremely quiet, which was important to me because I'm a light sleeper. Hearing it was my birthday, the hotel generously upgraded us to a larger room with a sitting area (#34), which was great for some extra room to unpack. The staff was very helpful providing directions and making reservations. The contiential breakfast included in the room price consided of yogurt, granola (and various toppings for each) and small pastries, as well as made-to-order espresso drinks. They were happy to bring it up to the room for you. While there is no gym, you can get plenty of exercise walking around town or going for a run in Hyde Park a few blocks away.

Just know that if you think you'll be going up and down from your room and have mobility problems, this probably isn't the hotel for you. The elevator basically fits one small person at a time and is slow. Otherwise, you have to walk up several flights of stairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I am also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and all was up to standards.
I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations
Wishing you all the best

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My fiancé and I have been lucky enough to stay in many fine hotels over the years but the Levin Hotel was quite exceptional.

There was genuine warmth and feeling unique to the Levin that made our stay not only extremely comfortable but unique.

Firstly, the staff were magnificent. They made us feel at home and as if we were Levin regulars. Nothing was too much trouble and we were accommodated to the highest standards for our entire 6-night stay.

With a taxi rank at the door of Harrods- that is twenty seconds walk from the Levin and Knightsbridge Metro station a foot away from that- the location was especially convenient. Having said that, Knightsbridge is known for some of the best shopping and restaurants and can located within walking distance from the Levin.

The rooms were perfect- elegant and well appointed with beautiful sheets and Kheil’s and Bulgari toiletries and a deep bath in a marble bathroom. Often we’d return ‘home’ to see an apple and a note about the following days weather forecast.

On those super cold nights, it was lovely just to be able to disappear downstairs and to the cosy surrounds of the Le Metro (The Levin Hotel’s restaurant/ wine bar) where the food and wine also excellent.

So, in our three-week trip, our stay at the Levin was a definite highlight and we cannot recommend it enough! It certainly made it harder to return home!

Room Tip: I imagine they are all fab rooms so you will be fine!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
I and the whole team are so pleased that you had a good experience at the Levin Hotel. We were so happy that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations. I was also glad that you where pleased with our restaurant. We would like you to welcome you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to The Levin? Share your experiences!