“best spot for business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

Save Saved
You added The Levin to your Saves list
The Levin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #40 of 1,066 Hotels in London
UK
“best spot for business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visit London quite number of times per year & this hotel has everything small business needs,
Price, close to taxis, underground, buses, quiet, very adequate restaurant to entertain business meeting, very central for access to business offices I need to attend, very clean & Harrald & his staff extreemly friendly & efficient to help with any needs, from booking a show in town to dinners or what ever. .

Room Tip: For small & medium size businesses this place is fantastic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review on trip advisor.
We do appreciate all of your nice comments and I will share them with the team here at The Levin
We are very proud in what and how we do things and we all enjoy our responsibilities and it always
Shows and guest are leaving the Levin with happy memories and return time after time again
So once again thank you very much and I look forward welcoming you again in the near future
Best regards
Harald Duttine Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Farnham, Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I returned to the Levin this past weekend and had , once again, a memorable stay. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in London but none of them compares to the charm, attention to detail and personal service given by this hotel. The location, the room decor and amazing beds as well as the friendly staff make this the best hotel in London!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback you left on TA from you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I would love to welcome you back soon.

Lillestrom, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Checked in tuesday afternoon, and was met by a very service minded and welcoming receptionist, in what was a very tiny and charming reception. The hotel was small, as it only had 12 rooms, but that was something that only became a benefit, as the staff at the hotel always was available for anything of our needs. The hotel had a very central location, as the tube station was only a short walk from the hotel. We could also see Harrods from our hotel window, as it was one of the hotels closest neighbours. We had ordered a standard double room for our trip, but got a free deluxe upgrade, so I have nothing but positive things to say about the big, cozy, and also quite modern room. I was actually a little surprised that the room, and especially the bathroom was as modern as it was when the rest of the hotel could be characterized as a bit old-looking.
The continental breakfast buffet at the hotel was a bit small, with not too many choices, but that might also be the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel. I don't think any hotel I've ever been to can beat the service and the welcoming feeling I felt at the Levin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Great welcome on Friday afternoon from the young man on reception, who was helpful throughout our short stay. The location is excellent, for V & A, Harrods and 5 minutes on the tube to Leicester Square. Very comfortable bed, and the only downside was building work at the back of the hotel, which Room 26 overlooks, was noisy on Saturday morning. This was more than compensated for by the friendly staff and nice breakfast! We would stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an amazing hotel. Very small but the staff are so attentive. The breakfast guy remembered my specific coffee order, the front reception remembered which tour we had taken that day, we were offered tea in our room what we got back on a cold night, they offered to post a letter for us etc etc The rooms are very clean and location is great. Definitely would come back!

• Stayed February 2013
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Spent two nights in this hotel, and didn't really notice the address at first, it was weird that the reception was basically a table and was very open, but what struck me was the finishing and interior design of the place! Its amazing! I loved the decor, it was modern but had antiques around the property... it felt like a luxury retreat away from the noise just outside the door step. We were surprised that we got upgraded and really enjoyed the heated marble floors in the bathroom, in the cold weather. The breakfast was fresh and the hospitality warm and the service was impeccable. I did enjoy the danish pastries and the coffee was gourmet... looking at the restaurant in the basement from outside of the hotel you wouldn't really think that but you would be surprised.

Changed our hotel booking to stay an extra night on the way back in our trip to England, instead of going to Hotel 41. The location is literally 2 minutes from Harrods, and there is a large coffee shop / restaurant that is open just next door, we haven't tried but its looks good. Sloane street is at the end of the street of the hotel, and on the same street great italian restaurant recommended by the hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The service was impeccable, and the staff warm and inviting even in the cold dreary english weather. Thank you very much! Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room really worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
I and the whole team are so pleased that you had a good experience at the Levin Hotel. We were so happy that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations. I was also glad that you where pleased with our restaurant. We would like you to welcome you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

a great home away from home. one of the best hotels ever stayed in London. great location, steps from Sloane Street and Harrods. very warm and friendly staff. well decorated cosy rooms. rooms might be a bit larger but comfy.

Room Tip: larger rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, February 10, 2013

I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations

Hotel Manager

Been to The Levin? Share your experiences!