“Great Service, Lovely Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

Save Saved
You added The Levin to your Saves list
The Levin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #45 of 1,073 hotels in London
Fort Worth
“Great Service, Lovely Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed at The Levin twice now, and we plan to stay there again next year. The beds are incredibly comfortable and she linens are extremely soft. The location is truly unbeatable. The neighborhood it is in is quite fun, and the subway stop in just around the corner, so it's quite easy to get anywhere in London.

The staff is what really makes the hotel so great. They are very helpful with recommendations for restaurants or activities. They always ask us where we ended up eating and what we thought of it, so that they'll know if they should recommend it to another guest.

The hotel is pretty expensive, but we always end all of our European trips in London, and it's a nice way to celebrate the end of a vacation and to unwind a back that's tired from spending three weeks sleeping on mattresses that aren't so great.

We have slept in one of the classic rooms and in one of the executive rooms. They are both beautifully decorated, but, in my opinion, the extra space that the executive room offers is worth the extra money. The rooms all have a front door, a very small entry space, and then another door leading to the room that is just as solid as the front door. The result is zero noise from the hall. We always sleep soundly when we stay here.

The rooms are completely spotless. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback you left on TA from you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived early (06:00 am) at The Levin and were welcomed in the most amazing way. Though the rooms were not ready yet (all taken), we were invited to have a great breakfast at the beautiful restaurant. Every effort was made to give us a room before our 11:00 meeting (we just landed from a business trip in Ghana to a meeting in London...). The rooms were great, the bath, bed, internet. Can't wait to come back again and enjoy it. The lift (which is an old london style one restored) is a bonus. Wish had knocked on the owners door to thank him in person.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us.
Our Staff takes genuine interest in ensuring our guest have a pleasurable stay and I`m glad that was provided for you.
We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Have a great day
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I must say this is an amazing hotel...pictures are soooo real! And they dont do justice to this place which feels so luxury ad yet so homey! I was here with my husband for one night only also considering the price but it is worth every penny!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.
I`m glad you liked our hotel and all went well.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London
Have a great day
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed there this year and both times the staff of the Levin exceed expectations. The bed and the room are great as is the location. It's literally next door to Harrod's and the Knightsbridge tube station. Also, the restaurant (Le Metro) downstairs is great. I can't say enough about the staff--they are fantastic. We'll be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on TA.
We are all so pleased that you had a good experience at the Levin Hotel. We were so happy that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations. I was also glad that you where pleased with our restaurant. We would like you to welcome you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here on my wedding night! We arrived lateish after drinks and the two night staff members greeted us like old friends with huge smiles and genuine congratulations after our big day. What a welcome. Our room on the fourth floor was large, with a corner sofa and table area and large bed and separate bathroom off the corridor. It was very comfortable and had all the mod cons. The bathroom was great with lovely smellies and moisturisers which always makes me happy. We had breakfast downstairs and paid for a cooked breakfast which was delicious. The restaurant staff also offered congratulations which was a nice touch too. Very comfortable stay and we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations

Villanova, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The location is wonderful. It is within walking distance to many major tourist sites in London. It is very close to Harrod's Department Store. I felt like I was staying with a relative because of the helpful,friendly service. It is a boutique hotel. My suite was spacious with sofas and a comfortable large bed. The marble bathroom was great and I liked the Kiehl's bath products. The decor was up to date and the hotel had charm and character. The contential breakfast was excellent. It is close to all the sights and shopping but it was quiet and away from crowds. The Wi Fi did not work while I was at the hotel and the staff kept giving me excuses and making it seem like it was my fault that it did not work when this was not the case. I had planned to use Wi Fi to keep in touch with work,home, the people I was meeting,research on restaurants and things to do while in London so this made it difficult. Fix your wifi and it will be the perfect place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations.
We working on our WIFI to be improved by 2013 so when you come back in the future it should be good and fast

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

As soon as I arrived, I tried to take a shower and was shocked that the shower did not work. Even more shocking was the response of the lady at the front desk, who said I should just take baths for four days. Last time I checked, a working shower is not a luxury. The worst part was when I asked to be moved to a room with a working shower she said they did not have any other rooms available and was extremely rude and unprofessional. After one night and a terrible breakfast, I ended out staying at a much better hotel for only a small amount more a night. Also the employees can not even give good directions or recommendations. This is a disgrace.
I cant believe that this hotel has such good reviews. The location is good and the decor of the rooms is pretty but that is all on the surface. The truth is that this hotel is poorly managed and that they don't care about the well being of their guests.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and I`m very sorry that there was a problem with your shower however the bathtub was in working order and could have been used for that one night till our maintenance department would have fixed the problem the following morning.
Usually we try to sort things out very quickly on the same day or the following day and offer alternative arrangements , just to ensure that our guests are comfortable and happy.
I am also very surprised by your comment that our staff is rude and has no knowledge about London usually that is where the team is very strong giving suggestions and directions to our guest that why we have comments like “STAFF VERRY HELPFULL AND GO OUT OF THERE WAY”
I am also very surprised that the breakfast was described as terrible.
Most of our guest LOVE our small buffet with homemade pastries and homemade jams and our restaurant staff always ensures that our guests have a good and enjoyable breakfast...
I do not think the hotel is poorly managed I believe the hotel is managed very well and we all care about our customers at all times.
I am so sorry that we failed in your case and all issues had been taken care off
Kind Regards
Harald Duttine

Been to The Levin? Share your experiences!