“The Levin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

Save Saved
You added The Levin to your Saves list
The Levin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #52 of 1,075 hotels in London
Hamburg, Germany
“The Levin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great location, just mins from Harrods,
This is
a small hotel with only few rooms but great service and nice atmosphere.
The staff is very friendly and we had such a nice time. Definitely where I`m going to stay next time i´m in London.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to hear such good complimentary comments as yours.
Please let us know of any future travels to London and I be very happy to welcome you again
Best regards

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sydney Aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For some reason London hasn't been on our radar but sure is now. Nearly drove the wife mad with my spending way to much time reviewing London Hotels for our stay just after the Olympics.

London was part of a nearly 4 week holiday which encompassed France, Italy and England.

The Levin, wow what a find! If it hadn't been for Tripadvisor we probably wouldn't have even stayed there. Do check out their website as Im sure there are special offers for different times of the year.

From the moment of arrival you would seriously feel you had arrived at a relatives or close friends home. The Levin team simply make you feel very welcome even though they would realise you are only a guest in most cases for only a number of days.

As first timers to London and the Levin, it was less than a minute to the Tube and Harrods.
There is no point in reiterating The Levin, all the positive reviews are spot on, great rooms, ultra clean, very modern, very attentive staff (nothing is ever a problem) be it concierge, restaurant, housekeeping. These guys obviously have a great boss which reflects in their willingness to provide a couple of first time Aussies a wonderful introduction to London.

We normally don't use staff names as it sounds like a paid advertisement for a property/hotel, but in this case don't hesitate to ask Graham or Romona any questions on London and if you enjoy great breakfasts, Rob the restaurant manager serves a wonderful English Breakfast as well as a great knowledge of the things to do in London.

Finally the Levin's restaurant The Metro, a local to many, is also very reasonably priced and cosy, a good place to enjoy really nice food and wine with only a walk upstairs to the beautifully appointed rooms. Once again very helpful and friendly staff.

The Levin, great location, very reasonably priced, less than a minute to Harrods, close to Hyde Park, Topshop/ Harvey Nichols.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time and writing such a glowing review on trip advisor
I really appreciate all of your comments and I`m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well.
I will share your comments with all of my team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.
Do let me know of any future visits to London and I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally
Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayedthere once. This hôtel si absolutely amazing !!! The staff is extremely helpfull ( they ll do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible, even go to the chemist for you ...! )
The rooms are of a good size and the bed as comfy as a cloud.
Price wise it is very reasonable for the district and the quality !

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review from your last stay at the Levin Hotel.

I am very pleased that all went well and my staff looked after you.

I will share your commenst with the team and I look forward welcoming you on your next visit to london.

Have a great day

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

From arrival to departure the experience of staying at The Levin was wonderful. Warm friendly greeting on arrival, efficient processing!! and shown to the delightful and well equipped room. We soon felt at home. Another warm & friendly welcome in Le Metro Bar for pre dinner drinks including the hotel's own wine - don't be a stick in the mud the Rose is quite amazing. A well prepared and delightfully served meal in Le Metro set us up for our theatre trip.
The room was very comfortable and the sette was well used when looking at the many magazines and books provided - there was also a very spacious bathroom.The next day breakfast was in Le Metro - a wide choice of interesting cereals and breads alongside the cooked to order dishes - sets you up for the day ahead and all the staff take the time to ensure you are heading in the right direction for your exploration of London.
After two nights at The Levin it was sad to leave as we felt we had made many new friends. Small hotels like The Levin can provide that welcoming hospitality that often gets pushed aside with standardisation in large hotels. I suppose I ought to keep The Levin a secret as I will hopefully return on my next trip to London

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Your comments mean a great deal to me and my team, thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.
I am so glad you had a wonderful experience whilst you stayed with us and I`m happy all went well.
Glad you enjoyed the Rose and the breakfast in our Le Metro.
Please let me know of any future visits you may have planned and I be more than happy to help you with a reservation.
Looking forward welcoming you again in the near future

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent 6 nights at The Levin towards the end of August. We flew in from Australia to heathrow and it was a very easy tube ride on the Piccadilly line directly to Knightsbridge, which is a few minutes walk from the hotel. Staff were immediately welcoming and gave us great recommendations for finding our way around. Very handy for V&A museum and Hyde Park.

Knightsbridge is very busy, excellent if you are interested in very expensive super cars, as around Harrods there are plenty. However the hotel is a haven of tranquility, very quiet and enjoyed excellent nights sleep. The bathroom was spacious with a shower over a bath and quality toiletries.

We had a deluxe room, included a sitting area, and was spacious. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast, nice coffee and Rob even found me some Marmite to enjoy on my toast each morning. Great to have wifi available, but it was a little slow and dropped out requiring you to relogin.

Would happily stay again, when next in London.

Room Tip: Deluxe room has plenty of space.
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your time and great review you put on trip advisor.
It is always such a pleasure to read the reviews our guest leave on trip advisor.
It shows us we all doing a great job and our service is of high standards at all times.
I am so glad all went well on your last stay at the Levin and I`m also pleased that Rob found some special treat for you during breakfast.
I would like you to welcome you back to The Levin on your next trip to London please let me know and I am happy to help you with the reservation.
Wishing you all the best
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is not the place to stay if you want a large, flashy hotel from one of the international chains.

It is just the place to stay if you want a lovely, boutique hotel, in a great location, where the staff makes you feel welcome from the first minute to when you leave.

Two minor complaints. We had trouble getting the WiFi to work, and when it did it was quite slow. The mattress was also a little firmer than I like.

Great location, not two minutes walk from Harrods in a quiet but very pleasant back street in Knightsbridge. Train station around the corner. Cafes and great shopping within minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, General Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing a review from your last stay at the Levin on trip advisor and I am so pleased that all went well and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am aware of the issue with our Wi-Fi supplier and we still investigating the matter and hopefully we able to upgrade soon in order for a better and quicker service.
The mattress oh well it is a personnel option and sorry y it was not to your liking but I must say most of our guest say that there sleeping very well and the mattresses are very comfortable.
I do hope you will return to The Levin on your next trip to London and if yes please contact me so I can assist you with any reservations you need.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I finished our European getaway at the Levin in Knightsbridge. We were so pleased with the location (right beside Harrods) and the quality of the hotel. Although we arrived a few hours before check in time, our room was ready and it was lovely. We had a deluxe room, which gave us plenty of room for our four large suitcases. The room was spotless and very nicely decorated. Our rate included breakfast, airport transfers and a voucher either lunch, dinner or afternoon tea in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was lovely, and we had an enjoyable lunch there one day....it's a great place to unwind with a glass of wine at the end of the day. The property was just perfect, and the staff were very friendly, helpful, and very client-oriented. We will definitely return to this fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Book at least a deluxe room if you are shopping!
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am very pleased that you and the rest of your family had a great time whilst staying at the Levin
It was my pleasure to look after you and I`m delighted to read such a great review what will help us to stay in top position
We do hope we can welcome you back to the Levin in the near future
Best Wishes
Harald Duttine

Been to The Levin? Share your experiences!