“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fielding Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Fielding Hotel to your Saves list
The Fielding Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Broad Court | Bow Street, London WC2B 5QZ, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #196 of 1,075 hotels in London
wales
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Fantastic location set off main road. Very peaceful nights sleep. Its 3 mins walk from tube station and its very close to the lyceum theatre if you fancy watching the lion king, which i would highly recommend! the theatre for shrek, and mamma mia are also within a couple of minutes walk. Good sized rooms and immaculate. Very friendly although there are no lifts in the hotel and the stairs are narrow. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and we very happy to know you enjoyed the Lion King and us. It is a great location for theatre goers!

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here recently with my husband and Francie (below). My husband and I were also very very impressed. Our room was compact but spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was great, also clean and the water hot..... with a bath which was a very pleasant surprise. As stated in other reviews, Grace is wonderful. Very helpful, friendly and obliging. Other staff were also pleasant and helpful.
The location is perfect. There are many restaurants and cafes and pubs in easy walking distance. Covent Garden markets are close by (which my husband might say was a negative as Francie and I managed to spend so much money there !!)
I would highly recommend this hotel and on future visits to London I will certainly stay here.

Thank you Grace for helping to make our stay in London so delightful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We are really thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely review, I have also passed your compliments to Housekeeper, she and the team work very, very hard to keep us clean and tidy and are our unsung heros!
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a lovely stay here. We stayed for one night and were able to store our luggage for 3 nights while out of London, and then stayed 3 more nights. The location is great, the water hot and the bed comfortable. Most important the service was excellent and Grace couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming.
I would definitely recommend this hotel over others I have stayed at in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for this great review and we are really glad you enjoyed your time with us....it was a pleasure to welcome you here!
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As with Molly and Izzi (see review below) we also found The Fielding hotel and staff both charming and delightful.

My niece and I stayed for two nights and picked the hotel for it's location and the fact that it was different. Yes we had a twin room on the top floor and yes we had to carry our own bags (there isn't a lift), but we were expecting this as we had reviewed the hotel prior to booking.....and it really wasn't any hardship. We really didn't miss a restaurant service in the hotel as due to the superb location you are not short of your pick of excellent cafes/bars/eateries (and we tried a few!!).

We had a twin room and we (well I) was a little concerned over the lack of space, it's been a while since I slept in a single but I needn't have worried as the bed was so comfortable and the temperature in room was perfect. The bathroom was compact (although the shower wasn't - how did they manage that bit of magic?) but spotless and we appreciated the four bath towels and what seemed like a months supply of toiletries, the toothbrush and toothpaste was a lovely touch.

We have to mention the team (including the now famous Grace), you all made us feel welcome and couldn't haven't have been more helpful, especially the night staff (who lent us a corkscrew and then allowed my niece to print off her boarding card for the return flight home).

Thank you Grace, your team and your hotel added to our enjoyment of our trip.

PS Grace we wanted to ask you, were you/are you a dancer as you certainly had the poise and grace (no pun intended) of one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
On behalf of the whole team we would like to say a big thankyou for all your lovely comments and we are so pleased we enhanced your trip to London.... (ps I did ballet for quite a few years, what a lovely compliment! Thank you.)
Stroud, Gloucestershire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a twin room for a post-23rd birthday getaway with my twin sister. The minute we arrived I knew this charming little hotel was the right place for us to chill out and enjoy the pleasures and culture of Covent Garden! It really is, and I'd count it one of the said pleasures too!

Our room was LUSH. The minute my sister put her head round the door the first thing she said was "Oh it's LOVELY! It's lovely!". She was so pleased! Her and me both!

We had comfortable beds with a HUGE LCD television, a snug and elegant "study" area and a simple, but spotless bathroom. We truly enjoyed lounging around and sprucing up before heading out for dinner and an evening watching the magnificent 'Warhorse'. The New London Theatre is literally 5 minutes away, so the Fielding is perfect for anyone going to see this fantastic play! Not only that but Covent Garden is right outside the front door. You'll be spoilt for choice on places to eat and drink and shop!

Because the Fielding isn't a B&B you won't get breakfast here, so let me recommend NOTES, a barista coffee shop just down the road and opposite the Film Museum. My sister and I had almond croissants and chocolate + banana muffins TO DIE FOR, and some of the best coffee I've ever tasted. If you're stuck for dinner don't miss out on WILDWOODS restaurant and grill, which is literally opposite the Royal Opera House. You'd be a fool to pass them by!

More on the Fielding itself: extra-generous freebies, including toothpaste and slippers; FOUR lovely fresh white bathsheets; full length mirrors, perfect for checking yourself over before heading out! The only thing we found a little irritating was the fan in our room, as it made quite a bit of noise, but it didn't wake us up-so I'm not complaining!

We didn't see much of the staff because we spent most of our time exploring Covent Garden, but when we did encounter people at reception they were lovely, smiley, social and polite. Courteous and friendly staff are a blessing anywhere you go!

I paid £168 for one night in the twin room. Normally I wouldn't pay this much for one night's stay in a hotel, but since this hotel is in such a superior location and it's lightyears from Travelodge I was happy to pay this amount just for this one special occassion. I would definitely come again!

All in all the Fielding rocks! Thanks everyone at the Fielding for a lovely stay! It made our little trip to London perfect! Molly & Izzi from Gloucestershire X

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for this totally charming review! There is so much good information for any future guests as well and we are really pleased you had such a great time in Covent Garden and with us too.
Rochdale , England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just spent 2 nights in this beautiful little hotel right in the heart of Covent Garden. I stay in London regularly and I must say that this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. It's Boutique in style so the rooms are not enormous, but who wants to stay on their room anyway. The decor and attention to detail is great with little extras that really do make a difference. From the moment you step in you are treated to a very attentive customer experience. (I think the lady on reception was called Grace , she was lovely) We were recommended a cafe around the corner for breakfast, it was lovely and very reasonable. All in all a lovely stay and I will definitely return. Thank You !!

• Stayed October 2012
We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and and also Wings wonderful breakfasts! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you have occasion to come to London. Many thanks for your lovely comments.
Ham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely and friendly hotel. It has the perfect location, so close to the little ballerina statue opposite the Royal Opera House.

My room was a double for single occupancy and therefore a bit pricier than I usually look for. But it was distinctive and special and I had a wonderful stay. I was going to a marvellous gala at the Royal Festival Hall - easily and safely accessible - and everything fell into place perfectly.

The rooms are stylish and full of character. Don't expect standard and streamlined modern (you can find plenty of boring hotels). The shower was super and a real old-style bathroom reminded me of ones I'd stayed in when visiting family. Lovely toiletries and slippers with the name embroidered. Nice little touches.

Such a comfy bed and I ws on the ground floor.
Free wifi. (I had a temporary problem the first day and they offered to reboot. After that it seemed fast and effective)

Great choice of eating places but I went to the recommended one for breakfast. Just right and equally friendly and meticulous.

Will I return? I hope so. As I travel frequently, price is a factor, but we all need a spot of sheer luxury from time to time.

Thank you.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review and we're delighted you had a good stay with us.....it's always nice to hear!

Been to The Fielding Hotel? Share your experiences!