“Perfect location and helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adare Hotel

You added Adare Hotel to your Saves list
Adare Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   153 Sussex Gardens | Hyde Park, London W2 2RY, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #384 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Lisbon, Portugal
“Perfect location and helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Positive Points: Receptionists were very friendly, and willing to provide any information or help as required. Even the cleaning lady was willing to help in moving stuff. Very friendly people. Was able to maintain some decent conversation with the receptionists, who were originally from Bangladesh and Mauritius.

Located very close to London Paddington train station, easy to go to the Heathrow airport by train or other locations by metro. Breakfast included, and looked decent. Did not have time to try. Water heater along with coffee, tea, milk, and sugar are provided everyday abundantly. So you can have a cup of coffee/tea any time.

The cleaning lady does a decent job cleaning the room, even folding the clothes on the bed properly. Was able to leave the luggage with the reception after checking out, and was also able to use electricity and wifi when I came back. Wifi Internet is free everywhere and pretty decent.

Negative Points:
The room was tiny. I was in the topmost floor which was connected by narrow and steep staircase with no elevator. Not recommended for old people or people with heavy luggage.

Shower lacked pressure. In the morning, the hot water even stopped, probably due to everyone using it at the same time! Heater was central and cannot be increased. It was too cold in the morning.

There was a hole on the wall. I was able to hear rats making noise. Probably from the roof top or the next room.

The television kept turning on by itself at 3 a.m everyday! :-o It was like from hibernate-mode to stand-by mode. Something strange.

Bathroom was very old. Toilet reminded me the ones in-flight. I don't know how can one use it to brush his/her teeth! :-o Toilet seat looked so ancient, with the outer coating got removed already. Walls were peeling off! It took ages for the toilet to refill itself.

Blanket did not look neat. I had a comfortable sleep in my winter clothes and denim jeans. I would have given 1*, if not for the positive things mentioned above.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the topmost floor. Staircase is too narrow and steep.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Was here for 3 nights and it's the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Having just had a nose operation to help my breathing its vital that I didn't become ill. However I was unable to prevent that being in a room riddled with mould (photos attached) the room was a state. Mould everywhere, the shower hanging off and the hair dryer unit hanging off. When asking about luggage storage I was told to leave my bags in an area which said on the door 'no luggage beyond this point'. Not a bad location but I would expect a lot more for the price paid

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

The location is excellent. The two gents on reception were very polite and helpfull. Full English breakfast is in the price of the room, which is very good value for money, served by smiling friendly staff.

Room Tip: If it's luxury you're looking for pay more , but this hotel is good value for money.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I reserved a triple room for two nights at The Adare Hotel, London. When I reserved the room, it stated that if I cancelled by 28th August I would not be charged. I cancelled it on the 28th August and I was charged on the 29th August. I soon learnt that they are very sneaky,and when they say 'BY' it doesn't mean you can cancel it on that date. It must be done by the day BEFORE. Very misleading instructions. Booked through booking.com and I explained this to them. They did their best but it was so hard for them to get in touch with Adare hotel as their line was always busy. I told customer service at booking.com that instructions for cancellation were very unfair and confusing. I wasn't even looking for a refund, just a credit note as I am still planning to go to London but had to cancel due to a death in the family. Today booking.com got back to me to tell me that they had finally received contact from the Adare Hotel about my situation. They told me that The Adare Hotel are unable to do anything to help me. So disappointed with this hotel's customer service that I will not be choosing to stay there when I do visit London. The fact that I myself was never able to even speak to a member of staff from the hotel about the issue was also very annoying, as whenever i rung they would never answer the phone. If anybody books with this hotel, be very careful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Glyndyfrdwy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

No parking space outside the hotel. Although I had an email to say that I had reserved parking we had to unload the car and move it to a church car park a few streets away that cost £15 per day, but the car was safe there.
The hotel itself needed a bit of money spending on it - it was a bit tired. We had a room over reception with a big window looking over the street. The room was clean and so was the compact en suite shower room. Next morning, after a fair nights sleep on a rather strange mattress we found there to be only a drip of hot water coming out of the tap so we went down to the basement for breakfast. Breakfast couldn't be faulted for choice or the amount you could have. The shower worked well after breakfast, it must have been the number of people using the hot water at the same time although this should be addressed.
On the bright side, the hotel is ideal for visiting the sights of London. It is only a couple of minutes from the Tube and bus at Lancaster Gate and 5 minutes from Hyde Park.
If you want a Hotel with all the mod cons then I would say that the Adare is not for you. But if you are visiting London on a budget and don't mind a hotel with the 'Fawlty Towers' feel then the Adare is worth considering.

Room Tip: Try for the rooms above reception, you are on the front of the hotel away from the kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Coleraine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Dirty Room, Unreliable hot water, mouldy shower and toilet, discarded clothes from previous occupant found under bed, bad mattress, old and frayed bedding. My advice to anyone considering this Hotel is to pay an extra £20-30 per night and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Adare Hotel? Share your experiences!