“One Night at the Alhambra” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alhambra Hotel

You added Alhambra Hotel to your Saves list
Alhambra Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Argyle Street | Kings Cross, London WC1H 8EJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #245 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Durham, United Kingdom
“One Night at the Alhambra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Excellent location...not far from Kings Cross Station.
Staff very freindly.
Lots of stairs to climb to our double room on the 3rd floor with no lift available.
Room was small but adaquet. Bedding was very clean. Facilitys were reasonable with a TV and tea making facility in the room. The toilet was just a long the corridor and was spotless, however there was no sink to wash your hands and no hand gel either.
Again shower was just along the corridor and was a lovely overhead shower which was a nice temprature.
Breakfast was good. Overall a very good hotel...Would have gained 5 rating if it wasnt for the stairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed one night at the Alhambra 20/9/12. Good value, great service, comfortable room very quiet considering its location. Enjoyable breakfast. Convenient for St Pancras. Big plus of being able to leave our luggage after checkout and return early evening before departing.
Will certainly return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my mother in July 2012, in the lead-up to the Olympics. Many other hotels had minimum booking periods, which is why we chose to stay at Alhambra hotel. The hotel is in such a convenient location, just a few hundred metres walk from St Pancras Station. We stayed in a twin room across the road from the main building. The room was quite small, but spotlessly clean. It was large enough for 2, and we were in the room purely for sleeping. The breakast was always fresh and plentiful, with friendly staff. It was no problem for the manager to arrange a taxi upon our departure, which was on time and reasonably priced. For anyone travelling to London and looking for a good value hotel close to transport links, I would highly recommend Alhambra Hotel

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lanchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at Alhambra after arriving late into St Pancras following a rail holiday in Europe and prior to catching a train home the next morning. Ideally located for our purpose, being just across the road from the station. There was a friendly welcome at reception, our room was very clean, well equipped and the beds were comfortable.The room was extremely cramped & we would not have liked to have used it for a longer stay but it was fine for our purpose. Breakfast was served across the street in the main part of the hotel, again everything was very clean but cramped. Service was quick, perhaps too quick as our cooked breakfast arrived long before we had finished our cereals! Despite the lack of space we would happily recommend the Alhambra & felt that we had good value for our money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I checked in on 9/16 and booked for six nights.The room I got was facing the street and very noisy regardless I wrote my request asking for a quiet room when booking at least 3 weeks ago before checking in. Not mentioning the room is extremely small that you do have a place to put laydown your luggage. After I check-in, I told the hotel staff that the room was too noisy since you can hear people's talk, car passing by, people walking by and etc. The night they changed a room for me and the 2nd day, they changed me to another room again. The nightmare came- the room they changed for got consistent noise due to the water tank. As long as any room is taking shower, you can hear the the sound of water passing through the pipe and tank noisy. The next day I asked to check out and manager said he can find me another room. I waited for two days to get a new quiet room ( I got a piar of ear plugs while I was waiting for rooms) and I thought this was it. Tonight when I came back around 10 p.m. and opened my door, there is someone in the room and claimed that is her room.(we were both screaming) All my stuffs were gone ..... I even did the laundry this morning. I asked the hotel staff to call the manager and the manager said his staff told me I need to change room again and I said he did not. I said if I knew I was going to change room again, why should I did laundry in the morning and left all my stuffs in the room. The manager said it is probably I forgot. I really wonder who will forget things like that and let hotel staffs to move your personal belongings w/o permission. And the most terrible thing is they swtiched me back to the noisy pipe room and packed all my stuffs without my permissions. I have travelled so many countries in the world and this is the worst ever hotel in both hardware and service quality. DO NOT COME !! BAD SERVICE AND YOUR STUFFS MAY BE MOVED WHEN YOU RETUREN TO YOUR ROOM. YOU CAN HEAR PEOPLE'S TALK IN THE NEXT ROOM TOO.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
alham1974, Manager at Alhambra Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are sorry if you feel that you feel you had a terrible experience with us. We tried our very best to ensure you had a good experience at the Alhambra Hotel. Because you felt that the room originally booked was noisy we have done our best to move you to a quieter room. As you also disliked this room we have managed to move you again to a room we thought is was quieter. We do understand that some guests are more sensitive to noise than others and therefore we tried to meet your expectations. We are sorry if we have failed. With regards to changing rooms we have in fact left a transfer notice in the room but you have failed to acknowledge it. The receptionist has also mentioned that he spoke to you the night before with regards to this issue. We feel we have not the right to move guests belongings from one room to another but on this occasion we have no other choice, as our notice and receptionist word with you the day before, was not enough. As a good customer service practice we have refunded you of one night stays on check-out.
We pride ourselves for our high levels of SERVICE, EXCELLENT LOCATION AND GOOD VALUE ACCOMMODATION.
Again my sincere apologies if we have not met your expectations.

HOTEL MANAGER
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay here. It's so convenient for central London, on a side street right by Kings Cross St Pancras station but amazingly you can't hear the traffic. Rooms are fine - no problems, comfortable, pleasant and all the essentials, not luxury but modern enough and maintained well. Good value for central London. The hotel is very well managed by a lovely couple and pleasant staff, which is one of the main reasons I will be back again. Breakfast was great and the shared shower (I had a room not en suite) facility was good.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for 7 nights in Sept. and were very happy. We stayed in a triple on the second floor with nice big windows. We had a bathroom in the room. The room is small, but was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included in the price and was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It is easy to find and was within easy walking distance to the King's Crossing tube station. Our plane got in at noon and the hotel allowed us to check in early. There are no elevators, so you need to request a ground floor if you are unable to climb stairs. They do have free Wi-Fi and also have a computer in the lobby you can use free of charge. It is a good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alhambra Hotel? Share your experiences!