“Outstanding. Again.” 5 of 5 stars

020 7290 7600
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pollen Street Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 17,318 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Description: Pollen Street Social in Westminster is the latest restaurant offering from Jason Atherton, and boasts a sleek dessert bar where you can watch sweet creations come to life. The exceptional cuisine places an emphasis on fresh British seasonal produce with eclectic flair, producing immaculately presented dishes. The private dining room is enclosed in the magnificent wine cellar, accompanied by an experienced team of sommeliers.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Outstanding. Again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This restaurant simply over delivers. This is my second visit to the restaurant, this time with my partner on our anniversary weekend in London.
There was a great vibe in a bustling atmosphere on a Saturday lunchtime. The service was as good as it gets and I have to single Manu who was sensational throughout. We had to beg him to stop bringing us extra treats by the end! The wine list was taken off us (in a good way, in a ''we're going to look after you'' way!) and were brought different glasses with each course, all of which were perfectly chosen and interesting.
Between us for starters we had 'Soft hen's egg, asparagus, truffle puree, parsley & smoked Lincolnshire eel soup' and 'Cauliflower & Squid'. Main courses were 'Best end of salt marsh lamb, braised shoulder, Jerusalem artichoke & goat's curd, spiced aubergine' and 'Roasted squab pigeon, salt baked red cabbage, beetroot stained onions, yakitori pigeon offal'.
It's certainly up there in the best food experiences we've ever had, I could dedicate 300 words to the beetroot stained onions alone! Simply heaven!!
The desserts, cheese, petit fours, more treats, treats again....
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. We'll remember this experience for the rest of our lives!
Thank you to everyone and Manu in particular!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nice but glad I wasn't paying!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Works lunch with as few colleagues and clients. Bit of a treat, it's a lovely looking room and service is just so - super-efficient. Food generally impressive and loved the quail starter (brunch style!) But my John Dory was a bit of a bore taste wise and a bit light portion wise. For that level of food (mains anyway) price was extremely steep and hard to justify I think. It was overall enjoyable but prob wouldn't return with my own money!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“A very high quality dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Whilst our appetites had been whetted, in both senses, by reading others' reviews, this evening out at PSS definitely exceeded our expectations. The restaurant and its incorporated drinking and food bars are contemporary in styling, and the attentive staff gave the occasion a very special feel from the outset. The courses selected within our table group were magnificent - creative, visually very interesting, and delicious - and our 3 course meal was topped and tailed with delightful additional offerings. Without imposing himself on us, the sommelier twice engaged in helpful discussions with us, as we explored our wine selections. The service generally was impeccable. My own gluten-free needs were provided for in an impressively seamless way.
(Also: our outing was in fact a birthday celebration and, although there were no outward indications given by us, the restaurant's prior knowledge of this led to a birthday card on our table on arrival, and the provision of a generous portion of cake (from the dessert menu?) as we prepared to leave - all very impressive!)
Highly recommended!!

Bedford, UK
“Great interesting food but far too noisy for a lunchtime business chat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my second visit to Pollen St Social the first being a private meeting room Board dinner which I rated as excellent. This time the food was every bit as good, though being in the main restaurant at a lunchtime it was just too noisy for a business discussion between the 5 of us, and that was on what must have been one of the quietest tables. Some would say it was great atmosphere, but I would say it was too noisy to communicate successfully. I would certainly go again to the restaurant for the food and ambiance, but not for a business discussion involving more than one person.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicestershire
“Food perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited for a weekday lunch and had a fantastic experience. Very stylish place. Busy and bustling and buzzing with life. We chose from the set lunch menu and were not disappointed. We chose three courses and were delighted to receive extra treats! At £29.50 this was very well priced for the quality and variety of food served. Portions were not massive but we left feeling comfortably full. We thought of it as a mini taster menu and Mr Atherton himself was at the pass plating up our food!

We started with delicious dips and olives. The bread served looked amazing but as Im sensitive to wheat, they kindly cooked some bread especially for me. No restaurant has ever gone to this trouble before...why not?? I can't thank them enough for being so considerate.
My starter was watercress and pea soup with tasty, tender rabbit. It's presentation and taste set the standards high. My pork main was so tasty I didn't want it to end but when it did I was presented with a surprise melon sorbet which refreshed my palate perfectly. We both had the Eton Mess for dessert. I usually prefer savoury courses but this was divine and looked too good to eat.

Sadly service was a little bit slow at points. Staff were all lovely without exception but they were constantly flying around which made things feel a little chaotic. Maybe that was partly due to the position of our table? For the majority of the time we were served quickly and given an explanation of what we were about to eat. However we had to remind them about a missing drink order and had to ask twice for the bill. The maitre d' was effortlessly polite, friendly and charming and made us feel very welcome.

Signposting for the toilets was lacking (they're downstairs)