We booked this hotel for an overnight stay following a party last weekend; we weren't expecting much, just a cheap bed. And that was mostly what we got. However, some basic problems:
* They tried to get us the pay in cash, never a good sign. And added an additional/unexpected 3% charge for the use of card. Not the best sort of customer service!
* Shower in the room was lukewarm; it took several minutes to get up to any sort of temperature and was only a dribble.
* We went down to breakfast in the morning to be greeted by *another guest* who explained there was a "problem with breakfast". We sat for a bit and eventually someone appeared and shuffled around in the kitchen, before bringing us out a plate of cold beans and toast - and eventually a couple of fried eggs. With no explanation at all. It was pretty ridiculous... I don't think I know a single person who is unable to cook baked beans!
The lack of communication was bad.
However; the bed was fine, the room (# 10) clean (small, but we expected that) and the rest of the hotel was fine.
If you want a "bed for the night" then this is a reasonable option. But don't expect any form of service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your King's Cross Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King's Cross Hotel London, England