“New favorite London hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Eccleston Square Hotel
37 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PB, England   |
Ranked #131 of 1,073 hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“New favorite London hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What a great place! Stayed four nights and loved every single minute of it. The room managed to be sleek, modern and high-tech, but quaint and oh so cozy at the same time. All the gadgets worked really well and didn't take long to get the hang of. Then there was the bed... Oh the bed... Let's just say it made it very hard to get up in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcomed. I will definitely come back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We live near by but wanted a night away from our children so be booked in last minute. We had a lovely stay, the staff were charming and the room great.
We watched a few great dvd's which are free of charge and if you book direct the mini bar is free to. All very nice touches. Well done, grey team especially the very helpful man on reception.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel has high technology in the room and it took awhile to find out how all was functioning. However, good teaching by the personel. My single room wqas very small but for a one night business trip it functioned perfectly. English breakfast was perfect though with a little extra fee, but it was worth it. The surrounding is nice with a park in front of the hotel. Service good and very clean hotel. Recommended for short stays.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with windows to the park.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wallingford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel, lots of technology in the room.

Service was ok but a little inflexible. For example I added £20 breakfast to room when booking that I didn't have time to eat on the day. When I asked to remove it I was told they couldn't. Very easy to add it but impossible to take off?

Given the cost of the room I expected first class service so left feeling a little disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristina V, Assistant Hotel Manager at Eccleston Square Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jamiebee84,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with our future guests. We are happy to receive feedback, as we are always looking forward to hear from our guests.

I am really sorry to hear that you were disappointed, its definitely not the kind of feeling we want to leave you with upon departure.

Unfortunately, booking with a travel agency leaves us with less chance to be flexible. Breakfast was added through the agency and we are unable to amend these bookings. For this reason we always recommend to make reservations directly with us. Then we can certainly be more flexible and sometimes you can even get discounts on our best available rate or free mini-bar.

Please, if you would like to discuss this further, do not hesitate to contact me personally at kristina@ecclestonsquarehotel.com

I hope you will give us a second chance sometime soon.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's always a gamble when picking a hotel from a website, especially one that isn't a chain that you know the quality of. However, when you take a gamble and it pays off, like it does with Eccleston Square Hotel, then it's a fantastic stay! There isn't anything we didn't love about this place. Came for one night to see a show at the Victoria Palace Theatre. It's within 10 minutes walking distance, probably less, to Victoria Station, and several of the theatres.

The guy at reception had upgraded us, bonus! He was friendly, polite, great customer service. The guy who showed us to our room was very helpful too. Pay attention when he goes through all of the gadgets and controls in the room. The whole place is hi-tech and just really really cool and slick.

Awesome place! Would most certainly stay here again, and recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear meganvwalker,

I was really pleased to read your review. I guess we successfully managed to exceed your expectations!
We all know it’s quite difficult to choose a hotel in London. There are hundreds of possibilities and, especially if you are not familiar with the city and the areas, you never know what you booked until you get there. So I am very happy you gave us a try.
We are proud to be located in an exciting part of the city, close to Victoria station and few minutes away from the Apollo Victoria Theatre and the Victoria Palace Theatre; watching one of their world famous musicals is a must when visiting London. I hope you enjoyed the show.
Hi-technology is definitely part of Eccleston Square distinctiveness and we want to be always sure our guests can make the most of it. That is why our valets take time to explain you how everything works in the room, from our iPad App to the Smart glass in the bathroom.
I will pass your kind words to our Front of House staff they will be glad to read them.

I hope to see you soon

kristina@ecclestonsquarehotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tell you what guys... This place is so cool, the design of the rooms remind me of fifty shades of grey ;). Could control the whole place from the bed, curtains tv bed etc... Very high tech.

You have to get the 'Eggs Benedict' in the morning, it was the perfect way to wake up in the morning.

Recommend highly

I'll be back for sure, thank you Eccleston!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Kristina V, Assistant Hotel Manager at Eccleston Square Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear John P,

Dear John P,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review!
I am happy you liked our modern, monochrome design. When our guests arrive at Eccleston Square Hotel an historic town-house on a gorgeous garden square in Victoria, Central London, they might think they’re about to step into an historic residence. Instead they will be entering a timelessly modern lobby with a crystal Murano chandelier and herring quartz floor. We like to believe that the first impression is a good start to a pleasant stay. I'm happy that that we met and exceeded our expectations.

I will pass your compliments to our chef. He is launching a new Winter Menu shortly, we are sure that you will be pleasantly surprised during your next stay.

I hope to see you soon!

kristina@@ecclestonsquarehotel.com
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Due to my work I travel a lot and by accident I discovered this hotel. I usually don't stay in small hotels and go for more industrial ones, but to stay here was my best choice so far. Everyone is so friendly and chatty and will always go that extra mile for you. I had a room facing the street and it wasn't noisy at all. Had a good sleep and I think even my back pain is gone.Its a shame that I didn't have the chance to use bed massage feature, but I will defiantly come back and do that next time.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a great view to the garden
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pedro187,

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is certainly one of our valued assets, you can really tell they take extra care of our guests and they take pride in their work.
Eccleston Square Hotel is the only hotel in UK that has Hastens beds in all the rooms. We want to guarantee our guests the best sleep possible and we are pleased to hear that we achieved that.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

kristina@ecclestonsquarehotel.com

Been to Eccleston Square Hotel? Share your experiences!