“Close to the train and excellent location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Paddington

You added Hilton London Paddington to your Saves list
Hilton London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Praed St, London W2 1EE, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #378 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Close to the train and excellent location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton London Paddington while on a business trip in July 2013. First of all, I was only in London for 2 days and my meetings were in the Piccadilly Circus area, thus I needed a hotel that was close to the trains (to Heathrow) and close enough to the city core. The Hilton was the perfect fit - excellent rooms and a great location. The service was also top notch. The only downside to my stay is that there was a construction project underway right across from my room - which was extremely loud and not exactly "eye candy".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Paddington.
It was a pleasure to see that the quality of service you experienced met with you expectations. We appreciate all your feedback as this helps us to monitor and maintain the level of service we offer as a Hilton Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the great location of our hotel, indeed we are just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport and connected by footbridge to Paddington Station, the four London Underground lines—Circle, Hammersmith & City, District, and Bakerloo—linked to the station will bring whenever you need.
I am sorry if you have been disturbed by the engineering works going on in Eastbourne Terrace, which is directly adjacent to the Hotel. Unfortunately we don’t have any direct control of the Cross Rail working environment but we have been liaising with the Project Team in order to minimize any disturbance to our guests.
We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Guest relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Not overly happy with my stay at Hilton this time. Room was great, spacious and had a very good working space which I needed. BUT, upon arrival I went to the gym and had a shower in my room. For some reason the thermostat was adjusted to maximum heat, no big deal so I adjusted it for my comfort. I realized this morning why the previous occupant had tried to squeeze every drop of hot water upon his leaving… there was no hot water! They clearly have issues with hot water supply on peak hours, at least on the 6th floor, or a least in room 629. So, be aware of this when you book and check with the reception if you want a room with hot water.

Room Tip: Not a room with cold shower on peak hours, i.e. 6th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies if the hot water in your room was not working during your stay, our maintenance department has been made aware and the problem has been addressed, thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback.
Again, I extend my apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We arrived off a long flight from Melbourne. Checked in a 7am and assigned a room straight away. What luxury ! With a Tube Staion right there, it's so convenient. And Paddington Station has convenience stores for newspapers and drinks. I'd stay there again.
Heathrow Express is a bonus. Step off the plane, on to a train, and right in to the hotel !
Woke up next morning and checked out easily, and stepped on to the 10.30am to Hereford.
A good experience and good staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out to the street are best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Paddington with TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am glad to note that you found our location an advantage and convenient for all of your travel requirements.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Rowayton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

You simply can't beat the location if you are coming in and out of Paddington, either by train to/from the West Country or Heathrow. As it turned out I was arriving late at night from the West Country...had meetings all over London the next day, and was flying out of Heathrow after that. having booked this hotel purely on the grounds of its location I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find a wonderful spacious room, and a truly comfortable bed. Nothing else mattered. Thanks to the Hilton for its attentive and efficient staff and for exceeding all expectations for service when location alone would have been enough.

Room Tip: There is a trade off between noise and temperature. My room was warmer than I like, but I could at...
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Paddington and I thank you for writing about your stay.
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us, this will certainly contribute to our team’s motivation and I have gladly passed them on.
We hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had an absolute nightmare booking this trip, trying to use Tesco vouchers, the advisor booked the wrong hotel and a comedy of errors ensued. However, we got there in the end and I was thoroughly impressed with the place. We had a 'Queen Hilton Suite' which comprised of an enormous king bedded room, an entrance hall, a massive bathroom with bath and separate shower and a separate twin bedded room with its own bathroom. It was clean with plenty of storage, in an Art Deco style. The suite comes with access to the executive lounge, which was most enjoyable, serving complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks all day. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in here, especially the chef who made a big fuss of our children, giving them a chefs hat made their stay! The hotel is directly opposite the tube so great for access in and around the city and has direct access to Paddington station. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
Having read your review it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations.
I would most especially like to thank you for your comments about our team; such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members.
We look forward to welcome you and your children back to the hotel soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good location due to distance from stations however, hotel seems to take advantage of that and don't really give you all the attention needed. Given the rate that is charged, I would have expected more

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor . We appreciate your constructive feedback which certainly allows us to monitor and improve our service and facilities
If you have any further details regarding the problems that you encounter during your stay with us please feel free to contact me on my email address Diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com
I would be delighted to be able to welcome you back on a future date and to have the opportunity to show you our hotel and the service that we provide in a different light.

Cergy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great hotel. High quality service and amazing location. Only a few yards walking to the Hyde Park. There is a metro station just across the street and an exit from the hotel that leads to the Paddington Train Station. Totally worth it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is good to hear you found the hotel a good location for walking to Hyde Park and an advantage when travelling around the city.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

Guest Relations

Been to Hilton London Paddington? Share your experiences!