“Reliably good - better than it needs to be given its location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Paddington

You added Hilton London Paddington to your Saves list
Hilton London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Praed St, London W2 1EE, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Free Wifi
Ranked #394 of 1,049 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Reliably good - better than it needs to be given its location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I like this hotel. The building itself, and the decor etc. in the lobby, feel a bit stuffy and dated, but otherwise it's a lovely place to stay - I've been back three or four times.

Reception is friendly and helpful, and check-in efficient. The rooms are not the height of modernity or luxury, but they are big for central London and they're comfortable - the beds are excellent, actually. The rooms are pretty clean, and the bathrooms while somewhat lacking in style are very well equipped and functional.

We haven't had dinner at this hotel, but breakfast is towards the better end of the sort of fare you'd expect from a place like this. The bar staff are not terribly well up on cocktails, but they're game to try and very friendly. And - which I love - the staff will *leave you alone* if you don't need anything; hoteliers and restaurateurs, never underestimate the value of this!

But what sells this place really is its location; everything you could possibly need is within five minutes' walk of your room. And, considering that and considering that no hotel in such a location need EVER struggle for business, it's refreshing to find this place is significantly and reliably better than it could easily get away with being.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear LPW2013. Thank you for your interesting report. I was very happy to read that my team are able to gauge the needs of our guests and in this situation, realised that you simply wanted space. I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay and that whilst the art deco style was not to your personal taste, you were however able to enjoy the service of the team. We look forward to seeing you at the Hilton London Paddington again soon. Kind regards Mark.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wodonga, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Yes we jumped off the Paris train walked through the station and here was our four star accommodation for a couple of days in London how easy was this and we were picked up out the front by our bus. Heaps of sights and food within a short walk and not far to catch the big red bus for the sightseeing trips and all the places in town quite easy. The hotel was lovely but one little gripe after travelling for five weeks this was the first hotel that didn't give you free wi fi in your room even though every restuarant or bar does give you that service even maccas does. We will return one day.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JinandKerryn. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us following your arrival from Paris. The team and I were very happy to see that you had enjoyed the Hotel and our hassle free location. We do offer free WiFi in our public spaces, which is very handy to catch up on emails and the like. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Hermitage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very convenient for traveling to and from Heathrow. The hotel is literally in Paddington Station. This is a much better hotel than those around Heathrow. You are 16 minutes from Terminal 1 via Heathrow Express. By paying in advance we were able to get a good rate (for a Hilton in London).

No problems, no glitches - other than the fire alarm that went off at midnight and required a building evacuation.

There are many places in eat within a few minutes walk.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear danb208. Thank you for your review. I was happy to see that you were able to make the most of our central location and ease of access to Heathrow. My apologies about the inconvenience caused from the fire alarm, but I am sure that you can appreciate that guest safety is our primary focus and hence we need to react accordingly in the event of an incident occurring. Fortunately there were no issues, but I do thank you for your understanding. The team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Hilton London Paddington. Kind regards Mark.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was very pleased with the overall experience of my stay. I had a small problem with a leaking shower, which was fixed soon after my reporting it. It was good value for money and cheaper than I expected the Hilton to be. The service was excellent except for one waiter. He thought I was being fussy as I preferred to have the coffee type I ordered instead of the incorrect one he had delivered to me. One persons attitude would not stop me from recommending the Hilton at Paddington UK. All other staff could not have been more friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and my sincere apologies for the issue with your shower and the attitude of one of my team. Despite these two issues, it would appear that everything else went well and I was happy to see that you will stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to London. We look forward to being able to welcome you back. Kind regards Mark.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice hotel, a few glitches that can be expected anywhere (room not ready for requested early check in, slow service at dinner restaurant), but no major complaints. One thing to be aware of is that while the hotel does have a baggage check as mentioned on their website, what is not made clear is that the baggage check is for 24 hours. We planned a quick three day side trip to Cornwall based on the belief that we could check our big bags for the days we would be gone and pick them up when we returned for our last night at the Hilton. When we inquired about checking our bags, we were informed that there is VERY limited bag check space and that bags could not be checked for longer than 24 hours. If we had known that in advance, we wouldn't have planned the side trip. Luckily, we were leaving early in the morning and were the first customers to bag check that particular day. Because of that, we were allowed to check our bags for the three days instead of getting stuck schlepping them onto the train with us to Cornwall. In the end, everything worked out great as they were kind enough to accommodate us. Next time we plan any little side trips, we will be sure to confirm all the rules of bag checking at any hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear TANon-Mem. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. The team and I were delighted to read that you had overall enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise that we are unable to store luggage for an extended time, but due to limited storage facilities and security procedures, we are unable to store items for longer than 24 Hours. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back when your travels next bring you to London. Kind regards Mark.
Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night as part of an organised trip. Very clean room, comfortable bed. Staff were helpful. Wide choice for breakfast.The only restaurant did not open until 6.30pm which made it difficult if you were going to a show. The only other eating place in the hotel was turned into a nightclub on a Saturday so did not offer earlier meals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear robert_owen3. Thank you for taking time to write about your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. The team and I were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you also enjoyed your show. I wish to apologise for the confusion with regard to the Restaurant. There are meals available throughout the day in our Lounge and our Restaurant opens from 17:30 on Friday and Saturday and from 18:00 all other days. I believe the miscommunication may have been regarding breakfast which starts from 06:30. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards Mark.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Really have no complaint, other than the room was quite small. Service was great. Room was clean. Location was very convenient. Attached to Paddington train station and small shopping mall. I would stay here again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear rbcf
The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be coming back. We look forward to welcoming you when your travels next bring you to London. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Kind regards Mark.

Been to Hilton London Paddington? Share your experiences!