“London cotton treatment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Trafalgar Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Trafalgar Hotel to your Saves list
The Trafalgar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Spring Gardens | Trafalgar Square, London SW1A 2TS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £186
Ranked #238 of 1,075 hotels in London
Reykjavik, Iceland
“London cotton treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My second stay at the Trafalgar London was no disappointment. Brilliant location, efficient and friendly service at both reception and bar. I was upgraded to a really nice deluxe room, which was spacious, spotless and quiet in spite of facing the Trafalgar square - hence a really nice view of the very vivid city life outside. I am definately choosing this hotel for my next visit to London.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to an upgrade - the superior room types are worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013

Greetings to Iceland!

Thank you for the fabulous scores yourated The Trafalgar Hotel!

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us very much in one of our upgraded guestrooms. The views in the evening of Trafalgar Square are key to enhancing any stay with us!

It is a pleasure having you as a loyal guest and I am looking forward to meeting you on your next stay eith us.

1,467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Whilst the double bed was narrower than some the room was perfectly quiet despite a great view overlooking Pall Mall and Trafalgar Square. Shower was powerful washing away the after effects of a little too much wine at dinner. Scrumptious breakfast, too.

Room Tip: Go for upper floors.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor!

I am glad you had a great overall stay with us and enjoyed the guestroom views and wide variety of delicious breakfast options we offer.

I am also pleased the shower pressure was able to help you recover from having a great evening out!

On behalf of the team and myself, we look forward to extending a warm welcome to you soon!

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

A very quiet room with views over Trafalgar Sq - now, how do they do that. Comfortable bed (although only a double and narrower than we're used to in most high end properties. Very tasty breakfast with friendly service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you had a great experience with us and enjoyed the Guestroom you were allocated in. As we are located in busy Trafalgar Square, all our Guestrooms have double glazed windows for our guests to enjoy the views without being disturbed.

Thank you for also mentioning the great staff and we look forward to have you visit us again in th enear future!

Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Generally speaking this is a very nice hotel. I have stayed on 6 or 7 occasions over the last ten years. I am just finishing a 3 night stay and felt a few little things had slipped.

First I am diamond Hilton member - when I checked in I was told I was getting an upgraded room but the room was actually a very basic room. So at 11:45 at night, after a long day of international travel I was moved to a slightly nicer room.

There is no executive lounge - which kind of sucks. There were also no provisions to make coffee in the room. So if you want hot coffee first thing in the am, you have to either get room service. There is a espresso machine in the lobby but it was not always attended.

My last issue was the breakfast. Service was a little slow. Second being a diamond member, your supposed to get free breakfast with your room. However at breakfast you are told you get a free continental breakfast but nothing hot off the menu.

Net net - it's a fine hotel but it does not really go the extra mile for loyal hilton customers. They seem to have their own policies versus being consistent with the hilton honors brand standards.

• Stayed December 2013

Greetings to Virginia!

Thank you for rating The Trafalgar with four stars!

I am delighted to learn you are a loyal guest and had a great overall experience.

I have taken your concerns very seriously and do apologise that the first Guestroom you were allocated in did not meet your expectations. Although, I am glad we were able to later offer you a Guestroom that was of your liking.

As The trafalgar Hotel is a boutique Hotel, we unfortunately do not have an Executive Lounge for our valuable Diamond and Gold members to use although, every Tuesday, we hold a "Hilton Honors Drinks Night" and provide complimentary mix of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and nibbles for our members to enjoy.

I have also forwarded your comments regarding your breakfast experience to the Food & Beverage Manager so he may give feedback to the staff as you felt the service ws slow. I do apologise for the inconveniences. I would also like to inform you that we provide complimenatry continental breakfast for our Diamond and Gold members and have an A La Carte Menu with a wide variety of hot breakfast choices.

As The Trafalgar is the only non branded Hilton Worldwide, we do not follow all the strict standards of Hilton and can be reflected in the ambiance and service.

I do hope this does not detour you from considering staying with us once again.

Please do not hesitate tocontact me if I may assist you with anything else at all.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights, stellar location and service. The room itself was pretty basic, kind of outdated and the bathroom was borderline gross. We did not spend a lot of time at the hotel so it was not a deal breaker. Hotel was quiet, considering it's on one of the more touristy squares in the city. It's close to EVERYTHING, and you're literally on Trafalgar Square when you step out of the hotel, staring right at the National Gallery. Staff is top notch - friendly, informative and super helpful. Breakfast was good. The only problem I had during my stay was that there was no water in the morning I checked out... and could not wait for maintenance to fix it since I had a flight to catch so I have no idea how long it took them to get the problem fixed. No shower before a long flight is no fun, especially at 5AM.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the high scores you rated The Trafalgar and feedback!

I am delighted you mentioned our great location as we are in walking distance to all the main attractions! This is one of our best assets and I am glad you pointed this out!

Although, I am concered regarding the guestroom you were allocated in. I do apologise you felt it was outdated and would like to inform you that we are in the process of refurbishing the property.

We have painted all the guestroom corridors and are in the process of changing the carpets. After thisis finalised, we will proceed to upgrade the guestrooms.

Please understand that this does take time and we are aware of what needs to be upgraded. We do appreciate our guests patience as we are doing this mainly to enhance their experience with us.

Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff as we strive to make each stay a memorable one for all our guests.

As for the incident you suffered regarding the water, I would like to sincerely apologise for this. We had an issue with the Hotel's water pumps but this was quickly resolved and you should not expect this to reoccur.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again and please contact me should I be of any further assistance.

Merriott, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have just returned from a long weekend during which we stayed at this hotel which is located just off Trafalgar Square near Admiralty arch. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and the staff are both helpful and welcoming. Our room was spacious and very comfortable with a balcony view of the square. Breakfast is served on the lower floor and is a very pleasant setting. The food is well prepared with plenty of choice. We had lunch in the bar which was also very good. On Sunday morning I wanted a newpaper and a young man took himself off down the road to get me one. We have stayed in many hotels in Central London and have never had that kind of service before. On the Sunday morning I got myself wet and was very cold. serveral times someone came to the room to ask if I was ok and did I need anything. we will stay there again when next we visit the city and I cimmend it to you.

Room Tip: The views of the Sqare and the Christmas tree was very good.
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to have read your lovely comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor.

Our main focus is to provide exceptional customer service and go the "extra mile" in order to make our valuable guests experience,a memorable one!

Thank you for sommenting on our fabulous location and, most of all, our helpful and friendly staff. I will be sure to pass your review to them as I am sure it will motivate them very much!

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to extend a warm welcome to you personally on your next stay with us.

Please contact me if I may assist you with anything else at all.

London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here before and love the excellent location and trendy cool of this boutique hotel. Most of all, we love the bar which always has a buzz - more like a club that a hotel bar. Staff are professional and very approachable / friendly. What really impressed us this visit was the plate of chocolate desserts in our room upon arrival and wishes for a happy birthday. This was not something we had requested or even advised them of. I'm guessing it is on my loyalty card information. A very nice touch that was much appreciated. Thank you.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating The Trafalgar withthe perfect score!

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and mentioned our superb location and fun ambiance.

As we are the only non-branded Hilton Worldwide, we provide a different experience than other Hiltons and reflect this in our decor and ambiance. Our famous Rockwell Bar is one of the best places in Trafalgar Square to enjoy a relaxing drink and I am pleased it met your high expectations.

I am also delighted you chose to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion and enjoyed the special amenities in your room. We strive to pay attention to these these details and offer them on behalf of the Hotel.

I look forward to greeting you soon!

christina.hernandez@hilton.com

I am glad this was of your liking

Been to The Trafalgar Hotel? Share your experiences!