“Disgusting !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of An-Nur (Anna) Hotel

An-Nur (Anna) Hotel
You added An-Nur (Anna) Hotel to your Saves list
An-Nur (Anna) Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Queensborough Terrace, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #935 of 1,065 Hotels in London
UK
“Disgusting !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

The hotel is absolute disaster !! Smelly, dirty. Tiny rooms and again very unclean. Bathroom and toilet - well, have no worlds to describe, absolutely below any hygienic standards . Breakfast was served by very unfriendly lady and again lack of cleaning everywhere. So if you don’t want to ruin your impression about London, don’t even think to stay at this place.. I really don’t understand how this hotel got even 2 stars and why authorities who is responsible to look how hotels keep standards don’t close it down !

• Stayed June 2008

Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

I had read the reviews before booking this hotel for 4 nights and thought it couldn't be that bad, I was wrong!
I was in a room on the 5th floor and was advised that the lift was currently out of order, looking at the sign on the elevator it had been out of order for some time.
After finally carrying my bags up the 5 flights of stairs I left the hotel to explore London. I arrived back at the hotel at approx 9pm to find that the TV was broken and with no phone in the room to contact reception I decided I would read, 2 minutes after turning on the light I was in darkness and I was sure I was not going to do the stairs again.
Following morning I reported the problems, light was fixed but the TV was never attended to. I checked out early and found a hotel for the same rate that was "The Ritz" compared to this disgustingly dirty hotel. On the upside the majority of the staff were very helpful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Extremely dirty.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

I booked this hotel, for a 3 night stay,then read the reviews, Big Mistake. Most of these reviews are not accurate. Ok the hotel is not a 4 star hotel but we paid for a budget one and thats what we got. We paid around £86 per night for a double room bed and breakfast, I have paid alot more in 4 star hotels and they have been of poorer standard than this hotel.The staff are very friendly and helpful. On arriving at An-Nur we were offered a room but was told it was a little small, if we didn't like it we could choose another one. If nothing had been said we would have been happy to take this room, but when a choice was offered we took it. After looking at 4 rooms we picked one on the fifth floor. The lift was not working ,but we are fit and healthy so climbing five flights of stairs was no problem.
The breakfast consists of cornflakes or rice krispies, toast and breadcakes. Tea and coffee are available all day.. The shower in the room worked well with hot water all the time. Towels were changed every day. The carpets in the rooms are stained but are vacuumed daily.
An-Nur hotel is in a prime location close to 2 tube stops. Kensington Palace and Hyde Park are only a short walk away. The area close by has a good selection of places to get good food.
The next time I go to London I will stop at An-Nur again. You pay for a budget hotel and that is what this hotel is.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lift not working
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

The receptionists were very kind. Elevator was broken, so we had to climbe the dirty stairs four floors every day. The carpets meet the quality of a zero star hotel in Bombay. We think London authorities should close this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Wales UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We stayed at the An-nur on the Saturday 19th July to see the West End show Lord of the Rings which was the last night of the Musical Show.Ok I know this hotel is a cheap hotel but I would have expected more from it for the price.

I have never been so disgusted at a dirty hovel of a Hotel, and I shall be finding out who I can contact in London regarding ths flea pit. The room it self was filthy, carpets were a disgrace where some one had vomited on the floor in the past and it had not been cleaned off the carpet properly and left to dry. We were allocated a room on the sixth floor which was right up the top of the hotel, and as the lift was not working we had to climb all the stairs to the top which was hard going, good thing we only had small bags and not suit cases to haul up the flight of stairs.
The rooms did not have smoke alarms fitted to the ceilings which is against the Fire Regualations and there were no Fire Alarms in the corridors in case of a fire. Also when we were climbing to our room, the stairwell on the fourth floor was blocked by rubbish etc against the wall, again a hazard in case of evacuation of the the Hotel.
The room itself was so drab with paint on the walls discoloured and cracked. The shower was something out of a third class rated dump.
And as for the Breakfast in the morning that was a joke, a so called Continental breakfast, it was disgusting, rolls, toast ,cereal, and tea and coffee, no meats or cheese, which should be included in a Continental style breakfast, and just orange juice.The jam and marmalade were in large bowls and you had to help yourself with a spoon in each, which was unhygienic for a start, as this contravened,Food Hygiene regulations.

I would not stay in this Hotel ever again and would advise other people to do the same, I know it is cheap and that you get what you pay for but not at the cost of my Health and Safety.

But I will find out who I can contact to report the broken Fire Regulations of this Hotel.

• Disliked — Dirty and Shaby
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

We arrived there exactly one month to the day from Sept. 11th. (despite what dates say)

Being Americans, this was a clearly Muslim owned hotel..we were the only Christians there, the rooms were complete with little arrows on the ceiling pointing towards Mecca.. besides being filthy..very uncomfortable situation and had we been able to change hotels we would have...

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — ARRIVING
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

When we checked in, receptionist let us choose a room for 2 from 2 different types(double/twin). That was kind of them. The double room was tiny. You could barely walk around a bed. Its bathroom had no tub. Dirty carpet. The next twin room was abit larger, 2 twin beds. One bed blocked a closet doors, so had to push one bed away from the closet everytime.... Bathroom had a tub and good hot water pressure. No shampoo/conditioner. But its door didn't open all the way. It opened inward and stuck because of a toilet. I was lucky to be slim enough to squeeze myself in and outof the tiny bathroom.
Bed linen was worn and shabby. Didn't want to walk barefoot inside that room. noise from next door was sometimes disturbing.
Breakfast was nothing but rolls (jam&butter), cereal with milk, OJ, Coffee and Tea. We didn't eat much during the stay.
However,very convenient location. Bus stop was 1 min away. 24hr bus also runs. 2 Min to Queensway Tube station. Bayswater station is also short walking distance. There were lots of restaurants, pubs and shops around Queensway.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to An-Nur (Anna) Hotel? Share your experiences!