“Excellant Hotel 10/10!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bloomsbury Hotel London

You added The Bloomsbury Hotel London to your Saves list
The Bloomsbury Hotel London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-22 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NN, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #34 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellant Hotel 10/10!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at The Bloomsbury for the Saturday night and absolutley loved it. I travelled with my fiance and our toddler (17 months old) and was made to feel so welcomed. I upgraded our room to a superior room and when we arrived it had a lovely wooden cot with a Johnsons pack of essential baby items and a teddy with a Bloomsbury hotel jumper on, my little boy loved it and had a wonderful nights sleep. Our room was very stylish and comfortable. We had breakfast on the Sunday morning and it was excellant !! again the staff made us welcomed and gave our toddler a new pack of Peppa Pigs books which he loved!! I definitley recommend this hotel and i am very glad i found this little gem and will definitley return in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury Hotel London, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your time with us, and the Bloomsbury Teddy bear is a great companion, and our ‘bear in residence’.
Equally, I am thrilled that breakfast was both fun and playful!

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Fowey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed here, and again everything was great, can't recommend it enough, great . The service was great from when we arrived to when we left and very personalised, we will be back again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and importantly I would like to extend our gratitude to you for choosing to stay with us once more. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We arrived from Hong Kong @ 0830 after a 12.5 hour flight and whilst we were not scheduled to Check-in until 1400 that afternoon, the Reservations Staff did a marvellous job of assessing the hotels room availability so we could check in early. Thanks to them we had a fantastic shower after which we relaxed & generally "got our bearings" before we stepped out of the hotel. Our room was well appointed as would be expected of a hotel of this calibre; However, the cleanliness, attention to detail and overall presentation of our room by the Housekeeping Staff couldn't be faulted. Breakfast in the mornings in the Restaurant was very well presented, balanced, with a wholesome high quality. The Table Staff were efficient, attentive and very courteous - well led by a Supervisor who knows her operation intimately. It was a pleasure to go to breakfast each morning!

However, special mention must go to the member of Housekeeping who attended to our room. I mistakenly left my wallet in our room and when I realised during the day where it was, I was naturally concerned for its integrity as it had over £160, credit card & drivers licence in it. When I returned to our room the wallet was carefully placed under my pillow with a corner sticking out to highlight its presence. Not a single item had been touched - it was completely intact.

Given all the "bad news" on TV's, in newspapers and on the radios across the world, our conditioning is such that we expect to be wronged - particularly when any amount of money will make life a little easier. I also know 5 star hotels across the world expect their employees to demonstrate the highest levels of honesty as a reflection of the hotels values.

The honesty, integrity and values demonstrated by this special person are obvious to themselves - but I believe it's very important the Bloomsbury Management is aware of this special person and their contribution to restoring our belief that there are decent, honest & trustworthy people amongst us.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I hope you had a safe return journey home to Australia. We are all very grateful for your detailed review, such which will be discussed in our departmental meetings. I will extend your gratitude onto your housekeeper during your stay as I agree wholesomely that open displays of honesty and integrity are values that should be recognised.

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Perfect for a weekend trip with your love. Everything was good, except for the small room. Excellent breakfast and good bed. The location aone block from New Oxford Street and to tube station Totemham Court

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we hope you enjoyed all aspects of your time in London. I appreciate the comments in regards to the room size, our rooms do vary in size, determined by the room category reserved. Our entry level rooms begin at Standard, through Superior, Deluxe and Studio Suites. I hope next time we can assist in choosing a room more suitable to you.

Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, spent three nights at this hotel while visiting London. While we were out and about the majority of the time, we found the hotel a wonderful haven. The room was very nice, but the staff is what stands out. From the porters to the concierge to the front desk personnel to the restaurant staff, they were all extremely helpful, friendly, and courteous. The hotel is located very close to the British Museum and within easy walking distance of Trafalgar Square, Convent Gardens, and many other London attractions.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am ecstatic that you recognised the team for making the difference, moreover, it is great to hear that your time with us was a relaxing ‘haven’.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I came for a 1 Night stay with my 11 year old daughter, as part of a theatre night treat!
The double room was a good size and equipped well, with nice coffees/machine and a separate tea tray, big TV plus iPod speaker etc.
Great central location. Lovely friendly staff. Quiet in hotel room/area.
We had breakfast in bed - wow huge breakfasts and nice selection!
Nice in-bathroom room toiletry range too.
My only negative comment - and this may simply be for my particular room - would be the sink in the bathroom was tiny and the central set tap meant you couldn't wash your face well without soaking the floor or banging yourself - it was really a hand basin nothing more.
But, that aside the room itself had lovely decor and this is a well recommended central London hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it is music to my ears to know that the amenities in your room could be enjoyed by you both, no more so than breakfast in bed.
I appreciate the comments in regards to the wash hand basin, our room sizes do vary, including the bathrooms, however, I have added some comments to your profile as a point of consideration when allocating your room. Alternatively, I would be very pleased to discuss your requirements personally, my contact details are below.

Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We spent a couple of nights at this hotel and were very impressed. Our room was quiet, clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The staff at the front desk were very efficient but also very welcoming. Lovely scents floated around the corridors and there are some amazing books lying around in the entrance hall. We had breakfast in the hotel on both mornings, a wonderful selection for all. A little disappointed with the porridge but everything else was delicious. The location of this hotel is perfect. Directly opposite is L.Cornelissen & Son, the most tantalising art shop with all sorts of temptations. Within a few minutes you can get to The British Museum, Oxford Street, Convent Garden, the theatres and much, much more. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so pleased you had a great stay, the books, candles and of course the convenient location L.Cornelissen & Son are integral to our DNA, it would be my pleasure to show you our Library on your next visit if you didn’t have the opportunity.

I am grateful for your comments about our porridge, I will discuss with Paul our Chef, thank you again, and of course we would be happy to make this to your preference for future stays.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Bloomsbury Hotel London? Share your experiences!