“A nice place to stay with caring staff and no noise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bloomsbury Hotel London

You added The Bloomsbury Hotel London to your Saves list
The Bloomsbury Hotel London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-22 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NN, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Special Rate
Limited Edition
Ranked #44 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A nice place to stay with caring staff and no noise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is definitely a good place to stay. My first stay at a Doyle hotel. Stylish and very attentive staff - such a change from the standard London patter. The orginal architecture is somewhat brutal but the conversion is quite imaginative. The bedroom was very nicely furnished in a creative and underplayed manner. Nice finishes with proper slippers and bathrobes and biscuits etc. Room turndown was thorough and replenished all room supplies - very nice touch. I could only find two things to improve: the level of lighting in the room is inadequate for doing business work; the towels carry the stong odour of dry cleaning - do switch to water laundry please. I would stay and again and thoroughly recommend. Thanks to all the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quiet from what I can judge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury Hotel London, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Technoprof

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us and other guests of your experience here at The Bloomsbury.

Firstly, security and privacy are of paramount importance to us, this includes sound proofing - all of our rooms are double glazed and external and ambient noise is very much a consideration being in London. I am glad we had this right for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at the Bloomsbury hotel in May and completely enjoyed my experience. Very convenient to the tube station, grocery, shops, British Museum and Covent Garden. I walked to them all. When we checked in, the front desk asked if we would like a tour of our room. Finding that silly we declined. After our first evening there we realized we may need a tour for we were unable to turn on the bedside lights without the ceiling lights on as well...To find out....no tour needed...the lights are all on or all off. Our hot water didn't come on...fixed pronto. Our air conditioning had a little wrench displayed, fixed when we returned to our room. Front desk great, Concierge great, Breakfast room ladies were especially nice. We had both the continental breakfast and ordered off the menu and were quite pleased. Overall, this is a perfect hotel to compliment fabulous London.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lfolsom521

Thank you so much for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and thank you once again for sharing the information on the challenges you experienced with lighting and our air conditioning

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I hadn't stayed here for a couple of months as I had found it hard to get a room due to popularity of hotel.
It was so nice to be back the welcome is so warm from the staff and the lobby smells great!
Very luxe rooms a little small but very well appointed with charm
Great location near tottenham court road tube and walking to covent garden

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cleviscrew,

Thank you for your kind words.

Great to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel scent, along with our hotel interior design and decor. We take great care to ensure our product is first class, in excellent working order and most importantly of utmost comfort to all of our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London.

Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Found this hotel restaurant on the taste card and was pleasantly surprised that it offered 50% off the food bill even on a Saturday. You have to book though. The food was excellent. What you save in the food bill using a taste card you spend in the alcohol (or at least we did). All in all a very pleasant experience. Will definitely be going back. Perhaps on my 40th birthday next year. Something special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steve P

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience, equally, on this exclusive offer.

We very much hope you do choose The Bloomsbury London for your next birthday celebration. I would be grateful to have the opportunity to make this reservation for you.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our family stayed in London at The Bloomsbury Hotel in mid October 2013. The weather was "up and down" with cold and rain, but the hotel and staff were fantastic. I travel a lot for "business and pleasure" and I have never had such "over the top" excellent professional service. The rooms were spacious and well appointed...as were the public areas. The staff's recommendations for local restaurants and points of interest was great...and their attention to detail as a "staff and company" left nothing to be desired. I would highly recommend The Bloomsbury Hotel to anyone looking for an above average hotel experience at a quality "value for price" property. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trudi G

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review.

Your comments are very much appreciated by the team, it is so nice to know that our guests value the service we offer. It is also important that we represent good value, we are dedicated to providing exceptional guest experiences.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the bloomsbury Saturday 19th October. This was my 2nd time staying here & yet again I enjoyed every aspect of my stay here!

Upon arrival to the bloomsbury you are greeted by the most wonderful smell of scented candles & gorgeous fresh flowers,
Check in was very quick & easy. We arrived at 11:30 so we were far to early to check into our room but left our luggage with concierge whilst we did some shopping.
Arrived back at the hotel at 2pm, our room was ready.

Our room (a suite) was absolutely stunning!
Lovely big bed, which was very comfortable.
Decorated beautifully & very much to my husband & my selfs taste.
Amazing large mirror in the bedroom. Gorgeous comfy lounging seats and a large table perfect for all the shopping bags :-)
A selection of lights perfect for every mood. Including a dimmer switch which I personally prefer to use with lighting.
Good selection of teas & coffee on the tea tray. We did not use the coffee machine this time but it does make fantastic coffee!
Robes & slippers are also a nice touch for when getting ready or just lounging.
Bathroom was a very nice size with huge walk in/wet room style shower & bath tub with TV.
The toiletries in the bathroom were very very nice. I personally never use the complementary toiletries but I forgot to bring shampoo & conditioner so used the free stuff.
I have to say I was very impressed, smelt Devine & did not dry my hair out like most other hotel freebie toiletries. Lovely large mirror in the bathroom & also a smaller free standing magnified mirror perfect for applying makeup etc.
There was also a very handy cosmetic/toiletry trolley in the bathroom, great for storing make up shower gel & deodorant. I'm personally a very tidy person so this was great for me!
Hidden underneath was also a set of scales, which I thought was quite neat.

Breakfast at The Bloomsbury is perfection! It really is wonderful!
The great team they have running the breakfast in the mornings, makes everything run like clockwork.
Shown to your table & immediately asked what hot drink you would like.
Given the menu & asked if you would like toast. In a matter of minutes your hot drink arrives & you are offered a choice of fresh juices & shown where the continental breakfast selection is.
The hot menu is great, offering salmon, eggs Benedict's, full English, waffles etc but my personal favourite pancakes. They have to be the best pancakes I have ever have, even beating the pancakes I've had in the USA!
Nothing is too much for the breakfast team & they will do anything they can to help you.

I feel I must say, whilst visiting this weekend it was actually my birthday & my husband & I had planned to go out for dinner. Unfortunately my husband became unwell & spent our whole trip in bed. The hotel team could not have been more caring & helpful than what they were. Concierge were truly wonderful!
It was actually very lovely to be asked each time they saw me how my husband was doing & if there was anything they could do.

The location of this hotel is PERFECT! Literally just off Oxford street. And central to everything.

The Bloomsbury for me ticks every box, and I am already looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vickijade

We are absolutely delighted with your kind words and detailed review, it is very gratifying to know how much you enjoyed your 'Perfect' experience.

Do let me know when you are next in London, it would be fantastic to meet you should you return to The Bloomsbury Hotel London

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived in Bloomsbury with our 2-years old daughter. The reception was great. To allow our daughter to have a nap, the room was made available earlier. She was treated like a princess by the staff in the lobby and even got a nice teddy, which she still cherishes today. The room was not very large, but tidy, comfortable, and cosy - with a large range of amenities. We enjoyed fine drinks in the lounge and a breakfast that was correct. We would definitely go back - both for business and for leisure. Congrats again to the staff: masters in hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Globelgian,

Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted you all enjoyed the hotel in equal measures - The Bloomsbury Teddy Bear is very popular, so pleasing to know how much she cherishes him.

I also appreciate your comments in regards to room size, we have five room type categories, all varying in size, the largest being our suites.

With best wishes

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Bloomsbury Hotel London? Share your experiences!