“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morgan Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morgan Guest House
120 Ebury Street | Belgravia -- Victoria tube/rail, London SW1W 9QU, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #123 of 517 London B&B and Inns
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were booked into Morgan House for a week - 6 days in a twin with ensuite on the main floor and 1 day twin with shared bathroom. The ensuite room was small but perfectly manageable. Both rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The shared bathroom was also clean although the water pressure in the shower was a bit weak. Breakfast was good every morning (nice runny yolks in the poached eggs). The location was excellent : we could walk everywhere and there were good pubs and restaurants nearby.

My sister and brother-in-law were booked into a room on the top floor and, yes, it was a bit of a long haul up the stairs but no more than some of the tube stations that also didn't have elevators.

I would recommend the Morgan House and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The entry area needs a cleaning, but my room was clean and cozy and the location is great. We had a room with a bath and I would have been unhappy using the communal baths that most rooms share. This is a very narrow house and the stairs are steep with no elevator. So travel light!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Located in Belgravia, a few minutes walk from the tube at Victoria Station. It was easy to get anywhere in London quickly. The room was small, but clean; staff was friendly. The price was excellent for a centrally located London B&B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently went to this B&B on a trip to London with my girlfriend. Upon arrival the first thing I noticed was the rather dingy looking communal bathroom at the top of the stairs. The brown carpets in the hallway had a mottled look to them caused by what has obviously been many years of wear. The walls were a pale and uninviting yellow, which lent the place an old fashioned look, and a not wholly unpleasant but very artificial smell (much like Febreze) lingered in the air.
We were greeted by a pleasant man who informed us after our long travel that our room was in fact not ready for our arrival but that we could store our luggage up in the room. After hauling our heavy cases up three flights of stairs we were greeted with a very disappointing and worn looking room. The room we had booked had been described as a double, however we appeared to have been allocated a family room as there was a bunk bed on the one side which took up most of the space in the room. The carpet was mottled and brown again, the walls were littered with what I can only describe as tat; the sort of cross stitch pictures of horses and cats (I can't fully remember what they were) you would find left over at a car boot sale after desperately trying to give them away for free. The en suite bathroom was fairly clean overall, however the grouting in the tiles was stained with mildew and the ceiling was covered in mould. We decided we didn't want to stay after this and went down to reception to tell the pleasant man who had greeted us and someone who I assumed to be the landlady by her very vocal objection to our desire to leave. After stating that we found the place to be unclean and not what we were looking for, the landlady attempted to bully us into staying, all the while shaking her head in disbelief at the things we had to say, and quite rudely and aggressively dismissing our comments. After explaining (for about the 5th time) that the room wasn't as advertised, the place was unclean and grubby and that we were looking to stay somewhere else, we were told that we would have to pay for one night in compliance with their cancellation policy which was not advertised on their website nor explained to us over the phone. After some aggravated discussion we were 'allowed' to leave without charge. We booked a Travelodge and were more than happy with this decision. It was cleaner, more modern and did not have such hostile staff. I would not recommend the Morgan Guesthouse to anyone.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this place because of the reviews from Tripadvisor but was didn't enjoy it that much. It wasn't awful but I was expecting to like it more. The location was very good and even as a single woman walking from Victoria Station late at night, I still felt safe. My room was about 6' x 12' but my biggest compaint was the mattress - extremely uncomfortable. Cable TV was good. I left too early to have their breakfast so I can't comment on that but didn't see want the big deal was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our twin en suite on main floor at the back with garden view was quieter than expected given stairs down to breakfast room and reception were right outside our door. Clean room and linens with most importantly for me, firm mattress. Could not swing the proverbial cat in this tiny room but one is not in London to stay inside and good value by London standards.

Breakfast was well prepared to order and served in the pleasant cheerful breakfast room.

The owners (not there during our 4 days) should know that although we found the 3 staff/managers to be efficient and polite to a fault, they were not friendly in any sense. They were so reserved that my niece was unnerved by them. Small critique but the reason we stay in B&Bs is for the more casual personal interaction.

We were not impressed with the 2 GBPound per luggage item storage charge. I could understand a charge for late checkout but not for storing our luggage for 2 hours. This was offered as a free courtesy at all our other hotels so felt like a money grab.

Location west of Victoria Train/Bus/Tube Station is excellent with numerous restaurants. Try Jenny Lo for great asian.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Liked the guest house very much. The rooms were very small by American standards but perfectly suited for touring around London. We were a very short distance from both Victoria train and coach stations, from these you can get anywhere. Plus there are many things to see within easy walking distance. There are several resturaunts and many, many shops in the area. Breakfast was good. The host is very attentive. I was really excited to find a fan in the closet , as I have a difficult time sleeping without one. (Room 5). We did not have a bathroom in our room, but it was never a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Morgan Guest House? Share your experiences!