“Great location and fantastic service, compact rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arosfa

Save Saved
You added Arosfa to your Saves list
Arosfa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   83 Gower Street | Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #44 of 1,071 hotels in London
Ottawa, Canada
“Great location and fantastic service, compact rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed three nights at Arosfa. While not on a main street, the location is very convenient, you can walk to several places and also very close to the tube station. The room and the bathroom has everything but at a super compact size. I could stretch my arms and hit both wall of the bathroom. But the best thing was: they had a "real" hairdryer in the bathroom, not one of those silly small hotel hairdryers. So for once, I could enjoy the shower and have good hair for the photos :) ! The breakfast was great and the staff were super kind and polite. On our last day we asked one of the owners to mail a postcard for us (we had the postcard but we forgot to buy stamps for it and everything was closed by the time we had to leave). He was very kind and didn't even take the money for the stamp. Sure enough, a few days later the postcard arrived to its overseas destination. I call this going above and beyond for the comfort of your guests. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My man and I recently stayed at the Arosfa Hotel and had a great time. Our room was on Gower St and I agree with the other reviews that the room was loud with the windows open. The windows are doubled, and once closed, the room was quiet and lovely. However, there is no air conditioning, so if the windows being closed doesn't work for the weather, it would have been very hard to sleep with the noise of cars going by. There was a ceiling fan in our room which helped keep the air moving with the windows closed. Behind the hotel is a lovely back yard and garden, so I can only assume that the rooms facing the back are significantly quieter.

The only room left when we booked was a room with two twin beds, but they were kind enough to push them together and make the bed up as a double bed prior to us arriving. The room was small but was well stocked with coffee maker, hot tea, fresh fruit, flat screen TV, free wifi, and blow dryer. Each floor had its own iron and ironing board to share. Note that there is no elevator, so if that is an issue with your health, take note.

The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I'd ever seen, and honestly, if you were a larger person, it would have been a real struggle to use it. But we are both slim and made it work just fine. The water pressure and temperature were more than adequate. Note, this isn't a spa bathroom, but worked just fine.

Included in the insanely low price (for London) of around 110 Pounds was a full English breakfast. It was plentiful and included eggs, fruit, breads, yogurt, jam, and more. It easily held us over until a late lunch, making the cost a real deal.

The staff was very kind and even let us use the computer to print a few pages. In the lobby is a TV, water, computer, and is nicely styled. This hotel was clean, decorated with basic but modern decor, and was centrally located. We didn't take the tube once! We were close enough to walk everywhere. I would absolutely stay there again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second stay at the Arosfa. Our family of four spent six nights in the quad room which contained two single beds and a double bed. The room was considerably more spacious than we had expected. It overlooked the garden and was very quiet at night--significantly quieter than the triple in the basement where we stayed before. The staff are wonderful--so nice and helpful, breakfasts are good, and location is ideal. As many reviewers have noted, the bathrooms are extremely small. However, we knew to expect this and felt that the many advantages of the Arosfa outweighed the disadvantage of the small bathroom. Other minor problems were that the floor creaked when people in the room above us walked about and the internet was very slow on the public computers. Overall we loved it here and will stay here again if we return to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Arosfa Hotel shocked me with its value for money. I paid for my entire stay - 4 nights - what hotels down the road would charge PER NIGHT.

It is the Ritz of budget hotels. How they manage to maintain a hotel in such a fantastic location - within walking distance of no less than 3 tube stations, and right in the middle of the beautiful and historical domain of University College London - and such good service without going bankrupt is beyond me. They even have a garden.

'They' refers to the staff. Staff don't have much bearing on my experiences because in the end, I'm there for me, but every person I spoke to who works there is friendly, upbeat, and seems to enjoy their job.

The full English breakfasts are damn good. And FREE. And served for a long time.

My only (small) problem was with the room, in that it was very humid while I was staying in the capital. The lack of air-con did get to me, especially in the night, with only ceiling and side-table fans, and the open window, to cool me down. The room was tidied every day but the bedsheets weren't changed, but I was only staying for a short time, so it hardly mattered. If I was staying for longer, with the bedsheets getting sweatier & smellier every night, then I could see it becoming a problem.

All in all however, the Arosfa is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in based on its value. It's brilliant, and you have London at your feet as soon as you step out the door. Book now, you won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute for a business trip to London. Stayed in a single room which was very small and a little quirky but everything I needed. The room was very clean and I had a good nights sleep.

The best thing about the hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very quick and good quality.

The hotel is well situated close to Goodge Street station (Northern Line). The street itself is one way and nice and quiet on a night time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my second stay in the Arosfa Hotel and I'm again so satisfied as the previous time. The people are so nice and so kind. It's really a pleasure to stay there. It's easy to visit London departing from the Arosfa. You have any transport to wherever you want to go.

Room Tip: Rooms are now equipped for the noise of the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
erskine, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staff were absolutely fantastic, Liga in particular was just lovely! really friendly & welcoming -and couldn't be anymore helpful Breakfast was great and as I am wheat and gluten intolerant - I asked for extra egg & bacon for my breakfast - and these were beautifully cooked and provided with no fuss. Great location - only about 15 mins walk down to oxford street and lots of lovely wee cafes/pubs on the way down. Living room in the hotel was lovely with tea/coffee and water & juice on offer. Twin room very small - but ideal for us as we were literally just staying overnight and not spending anytime in our room as such. Bathroom super, super tiny - but clean and did the job. (but probably not ideal for an extended stay).

Room Tip: If you need a chair or are spending time in your room - would enquire about a larger room. But for s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Arosfa? Share your experiences!