“Apsolutely best value for money hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arosfa

You added Arosfa to your Saves list
Arosfa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   83 Gower Street | Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #83 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“Apsolutely best value for money hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I discovered this hotel through TripAdvisor recomendation and have to say that this is by far best value hotel in London.Perfect location,perfectly clean rooms,tasty breakfast,free WiFi,most freandly and helpfull staff(Hi,Tessa)...I am now regular there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Essex Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all, the cleanliness of this hotel is first class. Also the proprietors are charming and extremely helpful. The room was spotless and well appointed, the bathroom was small but we managed and this was not an issue for us. We had a family room, which was comfortable but I would imagine guests from the US may find the beds on the small side. Like other reviewers we too found the room too hot - although the radiator was not - and we slept with the window open which wasn't too noisy until the rush hour started. There is a well-appointed residents' lounge with two computers for guests' use. The breakfast was fabulous. Overall this is a first class budget hotel, in a great area for sightseeing and walking distance to Euston and Kings Cross St Pancras, and I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I would agree that the staff and service at this hotel is excellent, Tessa is so welcoming and helpful. The lounge area is a lovely space to relax if you wanted to, with free tea/coffee (and biscuits!). The location was great, it is within 10 mins (easy) walk from Euston Station and 5 mins from Tottenham Court Rd/Charlotte St where there are plenty of places to eat. The room I stayed in (no.9) was tiny but well equipped, which I expected, and it was great; I had a good nights sleep. The breakfast was lovely, I cannot fault this hotel at all and I would definitely stay here again when I am next in London.

Room Tip: The ensuite bathroom in room 9 could be a little too cosy if you are slightly bigger than average!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and were delighted with our room and especially the welcome we received. Highly recommended as a central London hotel that is good value (for London) and excellent.customer service from the couple who run it.

• Stayed February 2013
norfolk uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best welcome I have ever received at an hotel. We arrived early at the Arosfa and we were concerned about our luggage. However, Tessa showed us through to her dining room and offered us beverages and a friendly conversation. The hotel is located in historic Bloomsbury and all the attractions are a short journey away. Our room was at the top of this fine Georgian townhouse, but was rather cramped and dated. Tessa and Attila assured me they were in the process of refurbishing all the rooms. They went on to show me their refitted garden room which was most impressive. We were there for only one night and would definitely stay again. Well done.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I just finished a lovely five night stay at this marvelous hotel. Tessa and Attila were excellent hosts, friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is close to the British museum and conveniently located near Euston, Googe and Russell Square tube stations. We had a very quiet triple room on the same floor as the restaurant. The washroom was newly renovated and the room was spotlessly clean. The breakfast was excellent - fresh fruit salads and 'continental' offerings followed by 'full English' breakfast cooked to order.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Arosfa is an outstanding 'bijou' guest house - a real jewel of a place to stay in London (not the cheapest of cities). There is little I can add to what is said in previous reviews: the location is very convenient for walking to the British Museum, the West End, and the LSE and UCL universities; also for trains (Euston and the 'tube' - Goodge Street, for north-south travel, and Euston Square, East-West - all about 10-minutes walk, even at my snail's pace); the house is beautifully and tastefully furnished, with a very comfortable residents' lounge; my single room was small, but had a great bed, TV and shower and was spotlessly clean (fresh towels every day) with free fast wi-fi; the breakfast was excellent - fresh fruit salads and 'continental' offerings followed by 'full English' or variants thereof - all cooked to order with good ingredients and not at all at the greasy end of 'full Englishes' that one still can find elsewhere. The welcome and attentive service from hosts Tessa and Attila is outstandingly friendly and helpful - they are a good source of advice on local restaurants, of which there are many, again within easy walking distance. I am sad to confess that I am by no means a dog-lover, but if they all were like the bijou house pet Frankie even I might be converted. If you want lots of space, a hotel bar and restaurant, this is not the place for you.....but if you are looking for outstanding quality and value in a jewel of a London guest house you could hardly do better. I never discovered what the word 'Arosfa' means - a Welsh word, apparently (my Welsh friends tell me in a vague way) it has one of those meanings that the English just don't understand!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Arosfa? Share your experiences!