“Cosy bed & breakfast in fantastic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arosfa

You added Arosfa to your Saves list
Arosfa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   83 Gower Street | Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #62 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Cosy bed & breakfast in fantastic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I could not have found a better hotel for such a good rate. Arosfa is not especially fancy, but it's very pleasant and homey. Attila greeted me right away and gave me an introduction to the place before showing me to my room. Both he and Tessa were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my week-long stay. Attila even recommended a couple of neighborhood restaurants for dinner, which turned out to be excellent. They clearly care about their guests' well-being very much, and that really lifts the whole tone of the place. Plus they have an adorable pup named Frankie, who spends a lot of being spoiled by guests (including myself!). I really felt like I was a guest in someone's home, rather than just another hotel customer. Best of all, it's in the perfect location: 3 min walk to Goodge Street tube, only a couple of blocks from a major road, easy to catch a cab, and a great neighborhood to walk around.

The single room I stayed in was quite snug, but I'm not very fussy so the size was fine. It felt a bit like a ship's stateroom at times. London's quite chilly in late September/early October, so the room was fairly chilled when I arrived, but the radiator fixed that. I was able to get a room facing the garden, which had a lovely view as well as a low noise level. The TV mounted to the foot of the bed seems to have every imaginable channel in the UK. My single, solitary complaint would be the lack of storage space for clothes -- I found myself living out of my suitcase and storing souvenirs in various nooks and crannies throughout the room.

I was at breakfast on my first morning when it hit me just how great the place was -- the phrase "ridiculously civilized" came to mind! The basement dining room is a pleasant and well-furnished space, with both continental food options and cooked English breakfast, which Tessa and/or Attila cook and serve themselves. You can order just about any permutation of an English breakfast, plus tea and coffee. Because Tessa and Attila are there, breakfast always had a friendly atmosphere.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Between the comfortable (if snug) room, great breakfast, great staff and perfect location, it's the best "budget" hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: “Rooms facing the garden are quieter than those facing the street, as Gower Street is fairly busy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hosts are lovely. The minute we walked in the door we were made well at home. The lounge area is very comfy and welcoming! The breakfasts are really yummy and Tessa and Attila are well attentive to ensure we enjoyed our stay to the fullest. They have a good sense of humour. They took the time to sit down with my mother and I and share their knowledge and advice on what's best to do in London and how to get around easily. We were given the room just beside the stairwell on the ground floor and although it was not a large room, it was good for my mother and I. This bed and breakfast is situated in a really good location as well, only a short walk away from Trafalgar Square and surrounding attractions. Thanks for a great stay, we will definitely be back! :)

Room Tip: Room on ground floor looking out to the garden is really nice and cosy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having stayed at the Arosfa for just one night I can`t really write a thorough review, however I am able to say that even though our trip was brief the hotel delivered everything we wanted, a warm welcome, nice clean rooms, a great location and a super breakfast, all at a very reasonable price for staying in central London.
Thank you very much, we would most definitely stay again and hope to do so!

Room Tip: 4 of us stayed in a family room which was a little cramped if you were staying any length of time, e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Arosfa was recommended by a friend of a friend. Very glad I heard about it! Attila and Tessa couldn't have been nicer and more helpful, the place was clean, quiet, and large enough for all my needs, and the included breakfast even had plenty of vegan choices. Yum! Returning to London soon, and don't plan on ever staying anywhere else but this hotel. Wonderfully central, close to several metros, a good price, and walking distance to all great museums and pubs and shopping. Had a great time, and this hotel helped me to have that experience! Leslie

Room Tip: Stayed in a room facing the street, and any street noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DeRidder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel is in a great location with access to both the underground and the train station where the chunnel leaves from. Breakfast was also great in the morning. Room was ok, and what should be expected from a London B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I actually feel really mean only awarding four stars as this is an excellent option when visiting London.I was staying in a single room for one night and although the room was small, I found it perfectly adequate. the bed was really comfortable, the room was nicely decorated and furnished and the room was really warm and cosy. I got a really good nights sleep despite its very central location.
The reason I can only give it four stars is the bathroom is just too small to be comfortable for someone my size. it is one of these horrible 'pod' type things which appears to have been transported in and really there is just not enough room to shower or use the facilities comfortably.
Apart from that I found the staff really friendly and helpful, the whole property spotlessly clean and felt at home immediately. I thought the breakfast was excellent, much better than that offered by large anonymous chains and, given the price, will definitely return. I can just about put up with a tiny bathroom for a day or two!
Finally, as others have said the location is outstanding, with bars, pubs, restaurants and sites all very much within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Digby, N.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our three night stay at the Arosfa was made memorable by the excellent personal service from Tessa and Attila; everything from tips for restaurants to travel around London. They showed a sincere interest in our plans and made us feel at home. We liked the location close to the British Museum and within walking distance of many attractions. Being close to Goodge St. station made tube travel convenient. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. With breakfast included, this is a location with excellent value for the money. We would certainly recommend the Arosfa to anyone traveling to London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Arosfa? Share your experiences!