“Good Indian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lewisham Station Buses 261, 178, 122, 321
“Good Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had dinner for two consequtive nights in panas gurkha and it was the best indian food during our 9 days europe trip.The staff is extremely friendly and courteousFfood quality is excellent,and portion sizes are large.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Lovely piquant chicken kormha, enormous king prawn, creamy mixed veg masala, great starters.

Outstanding

Even had after eights and hot flannels at the end!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, UK
“Simply the best takeaway I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've driven past this place many times and tonight we decided to order a takeaway from them. The food is quite simply delicious. They delivered to our place within the timescale given and both the starter and main courses were outstanding. Highly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Incredibly impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The only thing that bothers me about finding such a tucked away gem as this restaurant is that I can't visit it weekly as I'm rarely in the area! This I why I love trip advisor reviews, as people HAVE to know about the food here! As an almost food critic, I will be honest, Gurkha always gives me the image of a buffet, non exciting food...which Is why I love being proven WRONG!!. First and foremost the service has to be spoken about before the food, because from the outside the restaurant is just another restaurant. But greetings from the owner/manager is when it changes. I love to see people passionate about food being a big foodie myself but it's even better when they are passionate about where it was from and the tradition. I was recommended to try the Jhenko ( hot, spicy lamb ) and it arrived looking modern but you could almost sense the history. The staff were smiling as I first tried it, almost as thought they knew I would be blown away by it. It was gorgeous. I am a big indian curry fan, so I would have easily have eaten indian instead, but now my views have completely changed. Also, Gurka beer is excellent.... Imported in just so you can have the full experience but it does come in a bottle the size of a bus!! One thing I will say to anybody reading this review is please don't judge a book by its cover, as the area is not in the heart of the city centre with thousands of people roaming around, which I why I worry about small, genuine finds like this being pushed out of the market by the big corporate, mass producing restaurants. Take my word, try this restaurant and food.

“Nice Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

excellent starters, tasty and original. Mains were tasty but too much sauce and not enough meat. The lamb curry only had 3 small pieces of lamb. If this could be improved, this would be a really amazing local restaurant.

• Visited August 2012