I've stayed here for business for two trips over the course of a fortnight- and I was very impressed first time, much less the second.
- Modern, clean decor
- Trendy atmosphere- there's music around, and it just feels like a nice place to be
- Free, fast internet, either wifi or wired. The best I've seen in my London stays.
- Two free bottles of water
- Nice shower
- Amazingly comfortable beds
- Well equipped, spacious gym
- Nice swimming pool
- Nice desk space
- Good blinds that keep the room dark when needed
Room for improvement:
- Could do with deeper wardrobes to allow clothes to hang
- No information in rooms about what the hotel has to offer
- Food is only OK for the price, but the staff in the restaurant were at least helpful
- Coffee in rooms is in paper cups, with a really unweildy hanging packet to give filter coffee. It makes a mess and I for one would prefer a simpler solution
- A tiny bin in the bathroom- not enough for taking rubbish! They have a bigger bin but that only takes recyclables.
None of these issues are major- they are just areas that could do with improvement.
On my first trip, I thought this was the best hotel in the area- and I was all ready to give this a very high rating.
On my second trip I had some problems:
- The person in the room next door, one one side, kept trying to get into my room via the internal door. It was quite freaky, and he only stopped when I went to have a word with him.
- The person in the room on the other side was very shouty and seemed to be having a party
- Reception phoned me to ask if I'd ordered a takeaway
- When I'd gone to sleep, my room phone rang a few times again- but stopped before I could answer
- There was no hot water for a shower or wash in the morning- it was tepid at best
- The dispensers for shampoo and shower gel didn't work.
It was such a contrast between my very pleasurable first stay that I have averaged out to give this overall rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel directly connected to ExCel London International Convention Centre (ICC), Aloft London ExCel features 252 Guest Rooms and Suites, a w xyz(SM) bar, re:fuel by Aloft(SM) where guests can grab a snack 24/7, and the re:mix(SM) lounge. Complimentary wired and wireless high speed internet access is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Aloft London Excel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft London Excel Hotel London
- Aloft London Excel England