“Food with a side of fun” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Belfast
“Food with a side of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was staying in London on my own and needed somewhere to eat. I decided to try here I was met at the door and given my card to charge as I chose food from each station. I found a seat easily enough and left my coat to mark some one was using it then ventured to choose food. I ordered pizza first and was given a little call device to know when to collect it. I wanted a glass of white wine and the bartender was great helping me choose . I got one I wouldn't have known to ask for which was delicious . The food was tasty and hot and I had a little dessert which was lovely to be able to get a 'taster' and not a huge portion. The girl at the till recognised my accent and told me about her visit to my country. A friendly place with pleasant helpful staff and good food. I'll go back

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, England, United Kingdom
“Will spoil you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

One popular place at lunch time. Nice concept with chefs cooking as you like with your choice of ingredients. That's where you can find a proper Italian pasta or insalate or pizza .. whatever your guilt. Good place to have a sit down meal. Intuitive payment method, u get a card.. eat what you like and then just scan & pay when you checkout. Will be back sooon..... :p

London
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Vapianos has the best pasta hands down!! One of my favourite places to go. The atmosphere and decor is in tune. Great food.

London, United Kingdom
“Do not go if you are gluten-free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Before I was diagnosed as a celiac and started a gluten-free diet, I used to love Vapiano. Their vast range of pasta and pizza dishes are delicious. Last week I went to Vapiano with a gluten-free menu I printed off their website. I showed one of the chef's what I wanted on the menu and they informed me that although it was on the gluten-free menu, it was not actually gluten free. She told me the menu was incorrect and to ignore the menu. This was the first thing which let them down, having a gluten-free menu on the website which does not actually offer gluten-free food is misleading to customers.

I then asked what the chef could offer me, all I was told I could have was salad, so I opted for the Carpaccio. It was supposed to come with bread but because it wasn't gluten-free, they did not offer me anything else instead and still charged me full price. The portion was hilarious, I finished it in 2 minutes, and was still hungry, but couldn't afford to pay for another meal.

I then decided to try and satisfy my hunger with a dessert. I walked to the dessert bar and asked them if the two gluten-free desserts offered on the gluten free menu are in fact gluten free. I should have known the answer, it was no. I asked the waitress if there was anything I could eat? She offered me icecream. I saw some small plates with strawberries on display, and asked if i could have some strawberries with my ice cream, thinking this was a very reasonable request. She gave me one strawberry, which she cut up into small pieces, and put it on the plate, next to my tub of ice cream.

I used to love Vapiano, and I am shocked that such a large chain does not offer even one gluten free pasta, and shocking customer service. 3 out of 7 people in our party were gluten-free and just as disappointed.

We will never go back there again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Ok food, didn't enjoy the experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went as a group of 8 and the whole queuing up for food took so long it completely disrupted the social aspect of spending time together. The food itself was average, though the pizzas were a bit better than the pasta. Try to leave was ridiculously difficult - stopped again at the door and head counted to check no one left without paying despite this having been done only 3 metres away at the checkout. Perhaps it would have been easier with a small group but I won't be going back in a hurry.