“Amazing Food, Great Atmosphere and Friendly Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Manningtree, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Great Atmosphere and Friendly Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing idea this place is! It works so well! You get a little key when you arrived which acts, I suppose like a tab in a bar, which you scan whenever you order anything- you give it in at the till to pay.
I went for a pizza- prosciutto fungi. It was made within less than 10 minutes yet all fresh. It was excellent- better than many of the Italian chains yet no more expensive- a very reasonable £7.75!
My friend has spaghetti carbonara which he said was some.of the best he'd sampled, and was able to customize the dish.
Would definitely recommend and hope to go back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Yorkshire, England
“Novel idea, good food, excellent value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ate here twice during a recent stay in the very excellent CitizenM hotel across the road. Starters, pizza, pasta and drinks are ordered at different stations and 'charged' to the card you're given when you arrive. Your pasta choice is cooked in front of you. Food is tasty, portion sizes are good, £7 - 9 a dish. Great value for money anywhere, excellent value for London. Always busy with young and old, tourists and locals, I can see why. Ideal for quick food stop in a busy schedule.

Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food, large serves and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Looking for a restaurant and we found this one which is a sister to Vapiano in Brisbane. The restaurant is quite large with different seating areas, choose the family tables where herbs grow from the pots above your head or try a padded booth at the rear. The atmosphere is very chic but relaxed. Choose from a menu of different pasta items then select your sauce. Or you can order from a range of pizzas. Add an entrée or bread and select from their range of wines and beer. We found that food was good and servings were large and prices reasonable.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“original and tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

As we work nearby, we go there to grab a pizza or two on the go as they are very good and so tasty!

Today my sister and I decided to eat at the place.

The decoration is nice, I love the fresh basilica on the tables and with so many windows the place is bright and cheerful.

We were given one card each, with a very short explanation how it worked. A little bit more would have been very helpful, especially how to order in the different stations.

It is a very original system, the food is very good and fresh, as the cook is doing it on the spot in front of you, you can ask any addition or modification you want in your dish.

But I don´t think that system is for me, or a group of friends, or a date, as you spend more time waiting for your food, ordering in the different stations, that really talking to your partner.

As you can´t leave the table alone, you have to take turns ordering, and one may be starting before the other.

We will always come back to order some pizzas, but I don´t think I will stay to eat in again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, weird ordering service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well, when I walked in I had mixed feelings, the place looked great, clean, modern, unique, I was greeted by some friendly staff that gave me a card and explained how the ordering service worked.

Basically you are given a card which is like your tab, you use the card for anything you wish to purchase and you then settle the bill on the way out by giving them your card and they present you with a bill, not really sure if that's my favourite way of doing things.

What I did not like was, to order a meal for my girlfriend and me, I had to go to different counters, I had a pizza so I had to place the order from the pizza ordering counter and they gave me a little vibrating buzzer thing which would tell me when it was time to collect my pizza, my girlfriend wanted a pasta so I had to then go to the pasta ordering counter which they made it there in front of you so you had to wait, we both wanted a side salad so again another counter, all of the counters served soft drinks but only one served alcohol, so I had to go to another counter to pick up wine.
So you can understand why this was so frustrating!

On the other hand, the food was some of the best I have had, my girlfriends pasta was excellent, of course I had to sneak a bit to see what it was like, my Pizza was excellent, but my favourite was the tomatoes and Mozzarella salad, was brilliant, tomatoes were perfectly sweet, the buffalo mozzarella was moist and soft, you can tell the quality was excellent. The wine selection was good, food and drink was authentic.

Summary: The ordering put me off, but once I tasted the food, I could not careless about how I had to order it, and the overall bill was not expensive, Pizza, Pasta, 2 salads, wine and a large bottle of water to share cost us £37, I think that was excellent value, assuming that the ordering process is like that so they can keep the prices down if that’s the case I am happy with it and I have already planned two more get together with friends to go back.

• Visited May 2013