“OK For A Place To Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfotel GRN

You added Comfotel GRN to your Saves list
Comfotel GRN
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   120 Shepherds Bush Road | Hammersmith, London W6 7TD, England   |
Ranked #326 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Bath
“OK For A Place To Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days and it was an OK experience.

The first room was at the front on the busy road, but the window was thick enough that you could shut all noise out. The second room on the second week there was much quieter at the garden end of the hotel.

The Internet here is free (wifi) but very unreliable. It keeps cutting out.

The ensuites are tiny little rooms built into the rooms and the shower in the first room (no.14) was pretty tricky - there was nothing to hang the shower onto and the water temperature and pressure was a nightmare.

Breakfast is pretty good. Continental. Nothing fancy, but there were yogurts, cereal, eggs, toast, jam, butter, fruit, orange juice, beans and cakey things.

Price was reasonable - I think! £220 for 5 nights.

The cleaning of the rooms was varied. The bed was always made and sometimes the towels were replaced. There are mugs with tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, but I had to take my mug downstairs during the second week to get it cleaned, because no one had thought to do that during cleaning my room.

So, yeah, just don't expect anything too fancy. It was clean, warm and dry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

After reading quite a few recently posted bad reviews I thought I post mine as well as this is not what I experienced.
I had to book a last minute business trip for just 1 night. I couldn’t justify paying in excess of £100 for a room in one of the bigger chain hotels so went shopping on internet for something more affordable. Living in West Yorkshire, for me this was still a better option for me than going up and down on the train for the day as I had an early morning start as well. Paid only £68 and I guess with less than a week notice you can’t expect a lot with it being London but as long as its clean and reasonable I am happy.
I found all personnel very helpful and friendly. They even allowed me to have breakfast earlier than the actual starting time so I could get to my appointment in time. Room was small but most importantly clean and the bed and other furniture was ok. Also en-suite bathroom was clean and had a nice powerful shower. Location wise also good, shepherds Bush Road offers plenty of places to eat and I didn’t feel ‘unsafe’ at any point not even when it got dark. Mammersmith tube station is about 15 minutes away and also here plenty of places to eat and to go for a drink.
Conclusion, nothing glamorous but clean and reasonably priced in a nice part of the City.
Nico

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

As a birthday surprise my friend booked a small boutique hotel and tickets to a sold out concert. I was very excited to go as me and my friend had never been away together. On arrival to the hotel that she booked, the "manager/ receptionist" answered the locked door and looked at us and grunted " what do you want". Politely we asked if we could check in. He proceeded to take us to the reception area/ dining room/ kitchen and we told him the name we booked under. He then told us the hotel was over booked and he had moved us to another location although the hotel still had the vacancy sign still up. He showed us the cancellation form but would not give us a copy. We then asked why were we we're not informed of the problem or the relocation and the guy proceeded to blame booking.com and said " it's not my fault". We asked how much the other hotel would be and he replied not much more than this one. After spending money on travel, tickets and food we weren't prepared to pay any more than what we originally paid. The guy promised us we wouldn't pay anymore than the price so we left the Royal London Hotel and came to this comfotel hotel. On arrival the " manager/ receptionist" was outside and led us into to the same layout as the other previous hotel. Explaining the situation to this staff member he understood us well and then told us it was going to be extra to stay there. I argued my case as I felt this was nothing to do with us and they should get the extra money from the previous hotel or from the booking agent. He then told us we either pay the extra or don't stay and still get charged. Feeling trapped I then phoned my boyfriend, who himself works in the hotel trade, and he told me they were trying to scam you out of money. Do not pay anything until booking.com have spoken to them. We then spoke to booking.com who were understanding and pleasant to our needs. As we were talking to booking.com the staff member continued to be on Facebook/ YouTube/ smut sites. The booking agent then told us they would be in contact with the hotel at this time. 10 minutes later the hotel phone ringing and booking.com tell them the previous hotel has to honour the extra uplift as it is not the clients problem. The guy handed me the phone and booking .com told me this as well. The guy gave us the hotel keys and took us to our room then left. Exploring the room, the shower was mouldy, there was no hair dryer (being female I expected one), no soap, no shampoo and a small sachet of shower gel. Overall dismal...... I will from now on never book a hotel on shepherds bush road again. Completely ruined my weekend.

I wish this to be brought to the attention of the general manager.

• Stayed September 2012
Totnes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They lost my booking, told me I had to pay twice, had an ironing board but no iron, the rooms were basic, cheap beds, crap soap, wifi signal non existent in most rooms.

They kept me waiting for 3 hours in reception.

they also moved me to their cheaper hotel, if you book 120 make sure you stay at 120 NOT 114.

Hated every second of it

crap crap crap crap crap

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and make sure if you book the one at 120 they don't move you to 114
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I stayed there for a couple of nights last week and while the first room was tiny, the second room was lovely. Everything worked. The manager was extremely helpful and freindly and went out of his way for us. It was clean and the breakfast was plentiful and made to order. The only issue was the door slamming and the road noise due to our window being open. It was overpriced due to the olympics but otherwise I am guessing it would be a reasonable place to stay relatively accessible. Free, reliable internet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

For 600 pounds, is this hotel realy overpriced. i have expecting more for this price. But its olympics that can i expect!. (3 days). Not easy to sleep for room with windows agianst Shepperds road . i get change room to back yards after 1 night , thanks to the hotels for good service .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Norwich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Absolute dive. Misleading photos on the website and no wonder it was cheap! I wouldn't stay there for free!

We changed rooms because the shower didn't work. Then, in the second room the shower was hanging off the wall so we had to shower practically sitting down. To add insult to injury the shower was dirty and mouldy!

The room was small and dirty and looked more like a squat. The bed had no headboard and was uncomfortable. I didn't feel safe within the room due to the flimsy locks and the constant slamming of doors.

The breakfast was shocking. Again, dirty room and dirty tables followed by being offered cold beans in a tub. We were offered a cooked breakfast but kindly turned it down after looking at the grubby kitchen. We ended up going for breakfast down the road.

If you see this hotel advertised STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfotel GRN? Share your experiences!