“Mr” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar

The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar
212 Fulham Rd | Chelsea, London SW10 9PJ, England (Chelsea)
020 7349 9901
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,260 of 17,929 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: English, British
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar is at the forefront of British dining in the Chelsea area. Located on the "Beach" area of the Fulham Road, the Penny Black was established in early 2011 and has garnered an enviable reputation for making food that you simply want to eat! With an extensive menu famous for Beef Wellington and one of the best Sunday roasts in London, the Penny Black offers a casual yet sophisticated dining experience with unrivalled service standards. A new buzzing bar at the front of the restaurant shows off world-class cocktails and a wine list featuring almost 100 wines all available by the glass or half bottle carafe. The cosy bar tables in particular are always in high demand so booking is essential. A private dining floor seating up to 32 guests complements a bespoke events service and a renowned external catering division. The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar is truly the place to be for those in the know!
London
“Mr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you want proper British cuisine then this is a must, I had the beef wellington and it was to die for melt in the mouth beef with a great pastry crust. Well done Penny Black keep up the good work.

London, United Kingdom
“Best Burger I've Ever Bitten Into”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Brilliant food! Brilliant service! Perfect balance between formal and casual. My date and I shared so I managed to try a good few dishes and everything was delicious. My particular favourite was the burger. I'm a big fan of burgers and the Penny Black burger was something special. Definitely recommend a visit to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located on Fulham Road in Chelsea is this very attractive looking restaurant, the Penny Black. Went as a foursome on an Amazon or Groupon deal that pal had bought, We started with old school Prawn Cocktails- really delicious and Goat cheese starter salad of the day. Three had the Beef Wellington and one the Sea Bass. Desserts were Grilled Pineapple/Chocolate fondant pudding/Bramley Apple Crumble and custard. Included in the deal was a glass of Champagne. We eat out often and I would say without reservation that the standard of the food and service here was faultless and in a very comfortable dining space. Great stuff, impressive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penny_Black_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our restaurant. We are delighted to have been able to accommodate you and your friends for dinner and are glad that you have enjoyed your evening with us.

We hope you will find an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

With kindest regards
London
“Get me the beef welly now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visited for the second time recently and we were not disappointed. The service is swift, and the food to die for. I am still craving for the Beef Wellington, which was just perfect, and the choc fondant pud is the best that I have ever had! Much lighter than usual mmmmm.

I really want to try the burger deal that they have on a Wednesday...the meat here is just fantastic. I will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Penny_Black_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Penny Black Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Martina

Thank you for taking the time to express your infatuation with our beef Wellingtons! We would love to see you again at the restaurant and perhaps on your next visit you will try something else from our menu... Burger Wednesdays are indeed calling!

With kindest regards
“I could eat here every day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The Penny Black restaurant Definetely is one of my favourites now! Usually I don't have 3 course meal but when I was dining here everything on menu looked so good that it was a sin not to eat proper meal. And in the end I didn't feel stuffed instead felt like in heaven cause food was delicious and portions were good size not too small not too big. The Beef Wellington is amazing so if you've never had it before its a must to try it!
Very good selection of alcohol at the bar so even if you're out just for a drink it's a good place where to go.
The mood in restaurant is chilled out, very relaxed and friendly. All the staff were great and customer service is excellent!
And Tony is amazing host so it's impossible not to return there!

• Visited June 2013