“Great overnight comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grange Tower Bridge Hotel

Save Saved
You added Grange Tower Bridge Hotel to your Saves list
Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Prescot Street, London E1 8GP, England (East End / East London)   |
Ranked #210 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Broxburn, United Kingdom
“Great overnight comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight while down in London for a friend's surprise birthday. The bar was nice for pre-dinner drinks and a light lunch. A spacious room with a sofa, chair, large comfy bed and a good sized bathroom with separate shower cubicle. Well decorated, modern, with good facilities made our stay a very comfortable one. A varied and tasty breakfast really finalised a lovely weekend....we'll definitely be looking at this as a hotel when we next come to London.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We got a special 2 night deal on Internet and was well worth it! We would actually happily pay the full price and we would def come back again!

The room was very modern, spotless and very large which for London is a luxury.
Bed comfy and big.
Bathroom fantastic and spotlessly clean! There was a bath tub and a seperate power shower which was a great treat after a day out in cold! Basic toiletries provided.
Room had a high spec iron, board, trousers press, mini bar (didn't use) and coffee/ tea tray and kettle.
A big plus was a smart tv with Internet, free wifi in room and also have noticed an international charging up unit for electronics.. Built in the wall! Very clever.
Overall the room was fantastic and super modern!
Didn't try to spa on this occasion, nor did we eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on any of these. I am sure they would have been great.

Unfortunately I do have criticism for the following:
- staff at reception not friendly upon checking inn.. Could have been due to their nationalities
- we arrived and were greeted by a beggar!! He almost followed us nside the reception! The hotel door staff did nothing. This was poorly.
- the location is not great and the nearest tube is about 10 mins brisk walk away BUT if the station closes for a day or for a weekend (like in our case) it's only expensive taxis.

The above however didn't ruin it for us and we would happily stay again. We will also recomend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have recently returned from a weekend trip with family and friends in London. I reserved an Executive twin room at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel with two queen sized beds. I deliberatively chose this option as I have older teenage daughters and a sofa bed is very uncomfortable.
We arrived on 9th Feb and dropped our bags off earlier in the day . I paid for the room at this stage and was told it would be ready at 2pm. I advised the desk that we would be returning later in the evening as we had a full day with family.
On our return there was some delay in getting the room and we were told that the computers had gone down and our room had been allocated to someone else, however for the same price we could have a lower grade room with a very uncomfortable sofa bed and a complimentary breakfast. When I complained I was offered free dessert as compensation.
I spent a very uncomfortable night on the sofa bed, it being too late to move hotels.
The hotel was very good apart from this, however our weekend was spoilt and the management showed no concern.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we found the location of this hotel to be within easy reach of attractions and transport links.
The rooms were spacious and the facilities above all expectations.
Looking forward to staying there again as it is one of our favourites.

Room Tip: higher floors have great vievs
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is ideal, the rooms are meticulously clean, modern and stylish. The only thing for me that let the hotel down bearing in mind that when checking in my credit card was deducted for the whole 4 night duration is that if you want to charge food or drink to your room you Can't!!!!!!!! You could be left in a rather embarrassing situation in front of other patrons whereby you are refused this facility. Reason being you have not given paid up front for facilities or services that you may or may not use. Maybe it's just me but almost felt like a criminal for trying to charge a 5 pound beer to my room!!!!!

Was blown away day 1 but day 2 after finding out to my embarrassment this ridiculous policy I personally now would not choose to stay here again and will make a point that my Team do not either. Not what I expected for the prices paid!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
SharonTakhar, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
At any of the Grange Hotel’s it is required upon check in for the guest to leave a Pre Authorisation on their card to cover Accommodation costs and any Extra costs the guest may have during their stay. When a guest refuses to leave a pre authorisation for any extra charges, this means that we are unable to post any extra charges other than the accommodation costs to the room. Therefore the bar, restaurant, health club and any other extra charges, need to be paid for at the time of consumption and this is generally considered less convenient. The policy is transparent to guests upon check in and they can decide which option is best for them. We apologise for any inconvenience or embarrassment this may have caused during your stay.

Kindest Regards,

Sharon Takhar
Guest Relations
Grange Hotels
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is just a few steps from tower bridge tube station. If you're catching public transport in, I suggest getting off at the tower bridge station as it's just down the road.

The hotel itself has a very lavish looking foyer. I arrived late at night and was promptly checked in. Unfortunately, didn't have any help hauling my luggage to my room (but didn't ask).

The building itself is very old, so there are loads and loads of doors everywhere. Every corridor and hallway has another door. The inside of the building has very lush carpeting and thick wooden fixtures, making it look a bit like the inside of the Titanic.

The hotel has a restaurant attached which makes for good room service, and there are some items on the menu that are available 24/7. Great! I was starving when I arrived and was able to get a late night meal.

The room I was issued was in a smoking section, but by the time I had hauled my luggage up to the floor and gotten through the maze of doors, I was too tired to ask for a room change. I think it would've been nice to have been asked if I wanted to be in a smoking or non-smoking section when checking in, rather than just assigned to that area.

The walls of the rooms are very thin, so if the person in the next room is having a conversation, you'll be hearing it. Luckily, the hotels guests were predominantly business travellers whilst I was there, so there weren't too many late night disruptions.

The room itself was large, with two queen beds stuck together to make a weird super king bed. It was honestly the largest bed I've ever slept in, but I didn't need all of that. Still, it was a nice luxury.

The room had a very large LCD in it, a pants press, a small bar fridge and the normal amenities. The bathroom offered a range of rose smelling soaps (which were actually quite nice for free hotel stuff!). The bathroom was a bit outdated, with the shower being in the bathtub. The bathtub was rather large itself, big enough to bath in comfortably, but it did look a bit old.

I didn't use the other facilities of the hotel, but the concierge was especially helpful and provided me great tube directions. There was also a free computer+printer available to print out flight tickets, which was great.

I checked a bunch of booking sites before reserving my room, but the website itself had a prepaid special on last minute bookings. The price was far better than anything else I could find online and I feel like I scored a bargain. Because it was prepaid, the bar fridge was locked (I didn't need it anyway). The hotel left free complimentary bottled waters in my room, and I felt this was sufficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay. The overall experience was that it is clean, the service is good, the WIFI is almost great (wasn’t as effective in my room), the breakfast a bit overpriced (£20’ish pounds, really?) and nicely located. Very quiet rooms with all you need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grange Tower Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!