“Exceptional!eye opening and entertaining!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Street Art London Tours

Street Art London Tours
Old Street, London EC2A 3HY, England (Shoreditch)
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #15 of 473 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Street Art London's street art tour is a walking tour around East London's creative hub for those who want to see all of London's greatest pieces of street art and find out more about the street artists behind them. We will show you all the secret spots, a few forgotten about Banksys and street art from the likes of Roa, Invader and C215! For those with an interest in photography it is also a fantastic oppurtunity to document some of the world's finest street art.
“Exceptional!eye opening and entertaining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked this tour for myself and a friend, unfortunately we arrived late but thankfully the tour hadn't left as we had informed the company of our train delays! Our guide was Doug who had such an in depth knowledge regarding the artists and the reasoning behind their work whilst providing entertaining anecdotes throughout! His attention to detail was superb and his good humour and engaging way of talking made this tour a really enjoyable. Also, as he works on making videos relating to street art,the tour instantly became more personal. This tour had the potential of being boring if we had a monotone tour guide who was simple regurgitating a speech to the group, so all credit to Doug fir making it such a great tour!I'd like to repeat this tour,taking my parents! I realise I have not mentioned the art which,of course, was so striking and often very poignant! It was amazing learning about the different techniques used by artists and all in all was a great couple of hours! Ive noticed as I have been walking around since this tour that I have been looking out for jems like we saw on the tour! It made me realise what I have been missing! I recommend this tour to anybody reading and thank you to alternative london for organising these tours!

• Finnish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic introduction to Street Art.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were given a wonderful 2 hour guided tour with Karim last week around Shorditch, Hackney and Brick Lane. Knew little, and came away knowledgable and enthusiastic about the culture of street art. Will do it again....

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Robust and Diverse-an exciting tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is so much more than a typical tourist walk. Whether you know a great deal about street art or nothing at all you will be able to experience a full spectrum of artists- Roa, Eine,Invader, Swoon,Banksy and Shepard Fairey- to more subtle, often overlooked pieces. Given the ephemeral nature of street art, I highly recommend taking a tour. Street Art London, and Karim in particular, offer a robust and diverse discussion and tour of the area. He covers a broad range of topics from the visual language of graffiti and street art, philosophical underpinnings,gender, socioeconomic divides.He also discussed methodology, different styles and their origins, ephemerality,traces, erasures and palimpsests.Our tour included a number of artists interested in environmental concerns.
I booked this tour for a group of university students (mostly in the arts) and many stated it was their favorite activity that they participated in. They were riveted-three hours flew by and we were all captivated by our speaker.
While it is true it is fast paced- this just means that you get to see more pieces. It is a real treat to be shown such a diverse collection from someone that is intimately familiar with the genre and locale. Even though I booked the tour for my students, I came away so very happy and satisfied with my experience. I will book this tour again. *I wish Karim would write a book.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent and eye-opening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I went on this tour after a colleague recommended it. We were not let down. Karim was really knowledgeable so we felt that we were learning credible stuff (and not embellished stories for the sake of tourists); we now know the burning candy crew from the rolling people! We both agreed that the tour reignited our passion for our home city, where you will quite often walk passed art and not even acknowledge it because you're always in such a rush. The tour takes about 4 hours (with a short break for lunch) and you cover a lot of ground in an area covered in art and graffiti - wear sensible shoes and have a good breakfast! It's definitely a good value day out. We will definitely go again soon as everything changes so rapidly. Thanks Karim.

Soda Springs, Idaho, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Drawn Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really enjoyed seeing all of London's interesting street art, but the guide left us behind a few times and after a few hours it was just very exhausting.

Visited July 2012