“Excellent Food, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have been to Ottolenghi in Islington and was inspired to try Nopi on this trip. Not disappointed. Visited with my 12-year-old son and had the burrata with peaches and courgette fritters. You take a bite and your eyes open wide with happiness -- beautiful combination of flavors absolutely perfectly executed. My son is a beef boy, so we also had the sirloin, which was delicious, but had it been up to me, I would have had many of the smaller dishes. Service was attentive, location in the west end is convenient to the tube (just up from Piccadilly Circus), lots of shopping and restaurants and the theatre district. But go for the food!

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“How can they justify the prices?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Four of us went to Nopi - it looked beautiful and my wife's friend who suggested it said she had read a great review. The menu was essentially tapas style, but without the tapas prices. Each 3- or 4-bite item cost £9 to £15! There were some tasty morsels, but there were duds as well. Items that would probably have been tasty if warm were served room temperature. On top of it, there were no serving pieces provided. Example: An 8x8cm piece of pork belly is served and the only way to share it among 4 people was for one of us to use our own fork and knife to cut it. After we left, the other male in our party said, "Now that we have had appetizers, when do we get dinner?" £150 worth of appetizers. The votes in our party of four: Three "Thumbs Down" and one "Meh!"

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been cooking from Jerusalem for over a year and love the book to read but have been bowled over by the recipes-so many so simple but so delicious. I was visiting London and went to Nopi with a friend and was so excited by the prospect. Were my expectations fulfilled ? not really. We were quickly shown to our seat, which was by the window as requested, but had to wait a considerable time for a menu and even longer for someone to take our order.
We took several "sharing dishes" to start which were wonderful from a taste point of view but the quantities were on the small side. However that was nothing compared to the mains for which we both chose sole-superb but so small. My advice would be not to go there hungry!!
The atmosphere and decor is superb, did I leave feeling let down, honestly yes. especially after waiting so long to eat there.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restaurant but painful pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had lunch at NOPI as a treat from a friend for my birthday. The food was as expected: fresh, inventive and delicious. But the 'sharing' dishes are starter size so you have to order quite a few to make enough of a meal, and they all cost 9-13 pounds... I felt really bad that I had suggested such an expensive place. The wine list starts at £25. Yes, these are probably normal West End prices... The food is gorgeous and the restaurant is lovely so it is a good place to go for a special occasion.

Visited August 2013
Perth, Australia
“taste sensations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were lucky to get a table for lunch with no booking, and thoroughly enjoyed the complex deliciousness of the vegetable/ salad starters, drinks & all that followed. Being able to share all the dishes enhanced the cullinary adventure. We were surprised (positively) to find Asian & Australian (lemon Myrtle) flavours as well as Middle East (the chef having lived in Australasia), especially enjoyed the coconut & banana dessert. Now back in Australia we are inspired to try the recipes & "Plenty" cookbook is frequently open in our kitchen.

• 5 of 5 stars Food