“Epic food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Epic food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Food was absolutely amazing, have never had a better dessert! Staff were friendly and helpful. Cocktails were unconventional but delicious! Will definitely go again and would recommend anyone to try it!

Visited April 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Hip and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our bride had a little party in her honor here, there were 10 of us for lunch.
She had given me some Ottolenghi cookbooks recently so I sort of knew what to expect in terms of innovation, style and food and it was all right on! It was organized so we could order from the regular menu. All the food was beautifully presented and innovative and flavor variety. Our bride was vegan and they accommodated w.out problems. The service was very wonderful, they were nice to us, the place was full but not churring busy, and we had a long table on the street window side of the room. LOVED the decor, (as artist/designer myself) there was no detail left un curated.
All in all lovely! would go back in a flash. Finally the bathroom. Is this not the best bathroom in the entire world? a little jewel box that i include here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I dined here last night with my brother who is a Chef and a friend who is a massive Ottolenghi fan and we were not dissapointed. We requested to sit in the dowstairs dining room and I just loved it - the large marble tables, the open kitchen, the Chefs in their crisp uniforms. Its funny how inside the open kitchen it can be so busy, flames, aromas and order dockets flowing yet the atmosphere in the dining section a mere metre away is still quite tranquil and intimate yet with lively overtones.
Service was attentive and helpul, it is clear that the wait staff have a passion for the food just as the chefs that create it do. For someone like me who loves to talk about food, having the waiter ask what my favourite dish and why, was just a wonderful experience. It doesnt happen like this much anymore! The food itself - where to start. I suppose one could really only ever truely understand by going to NOPI themselves. With three in our party, all eager to try everything, we ordered several of the sharing dishes and nibbles. My favourite is definately the roast aubergine. How they manage to deliver a dish that has the perfect combination of flavours I'll never know! A close second, the courgette fritters. Delicious. Im summary, NOPI another true restaurant that is honest in its flavours and delivers its committment to provide exceptional food and service. Very happy customer here. Oh and the cocktail this is fantasitc too!

Reading, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectations...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked with Livebookings, very easy online. The restaurant also called to reconfirm the booking the morning of our visit.

Like quite a few people we followed Mr Ottolenghi's programme, have the book/s so we were looking forward to this.

We were seated on the ground floor (main restaurant) very stylish, great atmosphere when it's busy. I like menu's where there is not too much choice, there's a little something for everyone we thought. We tried 2 of the cocktails (a martini & coriander something and gosling rum) both very good. For starters we shared the neck of lamb and courgette & manouri fritters, good portions for sharing but not "supersize", in fact exactly the right size! For our main course we had a twice cooked baby chicken(clearly a favourite and I agree) and a chickpea dumplings something which was good as well(sorry memory blank).We had a side dish or chargrilled broccolini which was excellent, plenty to share between two. Desserts.... although we didn't need them were excellent, having said I didn't need one I am glad I changed my mind!

Overall... all of the service was very good, attentive, very polite and helpful throughout the restaurant. The food is appropriately priced for the location, high quality and fantastic taste. I have seen people commenting about portion size, each to their own but I think they have it just right.

I would definitely recommend this and will go back.

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing vegetarian food in sleek setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had dinner here on our last night in London, a family trip was my husband, his parents, and brother/sister in law. I'm the only vegetarian in the group but we ordered a bunch of the veg starters to share and they agreed that they were better than their meat dishes.

My family is middle eastern, so while the ingredients were familiar, their execution and pairing was truly creative and sophisticated. Cocktails were wonderful too - I had a roasted sage and pineapple drink, my husband had a spin on a pumpkin pie!

Decor was very cool - all white tiles with gold accents. The bathroom was all mirror, floor to ceiling, which was kind of trippy but very cool!

Service was not exceptional - our server seemed a bit stuck up - but food came quickly and all our needs were attended to.