“First time there and definitely not the last one!” 4 of 5 stars

020 7836 6308
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sartori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #897 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Excellent Italian restaurant close to Leicester Square. Excellent service, good authentic italian food. Prices very reasonable - £63 for 2 courses, bottle of wine and a tip.
“First time there and definitely not the last one!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went there in August for dinner with my team and had fabulous 3-courses meal...The restaurant was packed which is always a good sign when you go to a place for the first time! Menu had nice carte of Italian classic meals and good selection of wine, we picked 2 different kind of Primitivo from La Puglia (Southern Italy). To be honest, I didn't expect such a restaurant because I don't go normally to restaurants in Central London in touristy location but it was a nice surprise!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Excellent pre-theatre meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Heading for the theatre, via Leicester Square tube station, we came across Sartori within a short distance and thought we'd give it a try. At 5.30 it was filling fast, but we were offered a table downstairs. Tables were quite crammed in, but it wasn't unpleasant, with a massive wood-burning pizza oven in the corner as a focal point. Service was quick, efficient and attentive. My wife opted for a simple pasta dish with tomato, basil and mozzarella. I chose the calves liver - with a comment from the waiter that it was an excellent choice. He was not wrong - it was superb! The pasta was also just to my wife's liking. With a bottle of house red and service charge the bill came to just over £50, which we considered excellent value. All in all we struck lucky and would undoubtedly look to return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Sartori, well behind PizzaMetroPizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went there with high expectations ("The best Pizza in London") but I can say that is pretty average and well behind the quality of Pizza Metro Pizza. The place was also very cold.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Great quality, great value for lunch in Covent Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Situated in the heart of Covent Garden (100 metres from Leicester Square tube) this delightful Italian restaurant offers a 2 course set menu lunch for £9.99. The choice was wide, the portions ideal (not too large for lunch) and the service was good - 3 of us met up and enjoyed the meal and a catch-up. We were in, fed and out again inside an hour and a half. deal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Second time and just as good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is the second time I've eaten here and I can not tell you how AMAZING the food is. The first time I was a little undecided (hopefully you can find my other review quite easily) and maybe not as enthusiastic as this time. But seriously - so good!

The service is a little slow but the restaurant has been packed out each time I've been there so I'm not surprised and the staff are so pleasant.

We ordered starters to share and I have to say that the smoked mozzarella is breadcrumbs (fried) was divine. Seriously. I have had fried cheese before but this was delicious.

My main was the chicken breast with bacon and mushrooms sauce. Again, words fail me. The mushroom sauce was just the right consistency - perfect to mop up the extra with the roast potatoes.

The sea bass was also exquisite.

From the few dishes I've had, the food is delicious and extremely good for value especially if you have a Taste card! :)

• Visited November 2012