“Good for staying near Alexandra Palace” 3 of 5 stars
Review of National Hotel

You added National Hotel to your Saves list
National Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-19 Queens Avenue | Muswell Hill, London N10 3PE, England   |
Ranked #933 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good for staying near Alexandra Palace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I wanted a hotel within walking distance from Alexandra Palace so I wouldn't have to make the rush for the last train after a concert and picked this one. The neighborhood around it is very cute with lots of shopping and also lots of bus stops, and it was very easy to get into the area of London with the famous attractions by train. The room was pretty bare bones, though there was a closet, desk, tv, and shower- with a shared toilet in the hall. My door was a bit hard to lock at first and I almost thought it was broken, but it just took a bit of effort. The street it was on was quiet at night and in the early morning, however the walls were very thin and I could hear the people in the next room speaking clearly.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As I was working at ally pally and needed somewhere close by, and better value than some, but it was not the greatest place, its very down market now, and needs a make over badly, and a good clean, it was noisy with other guests, and general uncaring , the breakfasts where so so, could have been better, only good thing it was early for work, and parking with carpark, a good selection of restaurants in the area so eating out no problems, so that was only good part,so next year I hope to get back in to my old hotel to have a better time,

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

After reading some of the reviews on here we were really apprehensisve about arriving at the hotel. We were doing an event at Alexandra Palace and needed a place to stay for three nights. We were fearing the worst so expectations were really low.

It was ok. The room was dated and could have been cleaner. The facilities were basic. Breakfast was really basic but fine. Wifi didnt work in the room and the gentleman on reception was very unhelpful when I asked for assistance accessing it.

Guess what? It is a cheap hotel in a great location in London. Near to loads of nice restaurants and pubs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

What a dump . Everything is tacky,smelly and falling to pieces . My door had been previously forced . the repair was laughable , unfortunately that attitude towards maintenance is throughout .AVOID is not a hotel..

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

1st room, shower was terrible no pressure behind it more like a slow trickle and cold. Floor of room was unbelievably loud!!
My bed was a double and I think every spring in the mattress had gone. Room in general pretty grim and grotty.
Room 2.
Cold and dirty, had a shower in one corner of the room which was more than a tad weird!!
Breakfast was shocking, the parking is ok if you drive a smart car or a fiat 500 as you go through a tight tunnel then the spaces are tiny. Got blocked in twice. There are 4 spaces at the front but your not allowed to use them. Staff are hit and miss some are sound and genuinely helpful but some are just plain numptys and it's a struggle to talk civilly to them.

Overall I'd feel cruel letting a dog stay here!!!

• Stayed February 2015
Schmoelln, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

I stayed in the hotel for the first time in January this year as I visited an event at Alexandra Palace and couldn't be bothered to commute each day from a hotel in the city. I read many reviews of the hotel before so arrived there with mixed emotions. The staff is very friendly, check in was done within minutes. I was surprised when I opened the door to the room as I booked a twin room and read the beds are tiny etc. I had a double bed and a single bed. It was a clean room with modern furnishing though the beds could need a new matress. I slept very well but could still feel the springs now and then but I wouldn't say it interrupted my sleep. However, the walls are rather thin so I could hear the guy next to me talking and watching telly. The bathroom could do with a major renovation though. There were some mouldy spots on the roof and the walls and the shower had some issues keeping the water temperature. I can't say anything about the breakfast as breakfast times were 7-9, and I refused to get up that early. Overall i'd say i would stay here again as in the end, I only was there to sleep and that sleep was pretty good.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

Place needs a good clean. Not worth the money. Go somewhere else! We aren't fussy at all but this place was bad. Didn't eat the breakfast so can't comment on that. Wouldn't be sure on eating there anyway. Grim.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to National Hotel? Share your experiences!