The Jack the Ripper Tour With Ripper Vision
Whitechapel High St | Aldgate East Underground Station Exit 3, London E1 7QX, England
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 473 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 120 years in the making - The gruesome tale of jack the ripper explodes for the first time into the 21st century...WITH RIPPER VISION©.RIPPER-VISION© is a new approach to Jack the ripper tours. Top of the range hand held projectors which emblazen 5ft images apon the dark streets and alleyways of whitechapel.As we walk the very route the ripper would have taken Ripper vision will practically bring you back to a time of gaslight and fog, a time of poverty, disease and silent footsteps in the shadows as the ripper hunted his victims. RIPPER-VISION© brings not only top class images but also film clips, moving images and overlapping pictures to leave you with an everlasting memorable experience.every day 12.30pm and 7.30pm check web site for details or phone our number at the top.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

So well presented and interesting, learned a lot! Richard's passion and knowledge made it an experience we'll always remember, thanks

Ballarat, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Very entertaining and informative tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We had John and Miguel tonight on our tour. John was fantastic! He very extremely knowledgable and very enthusiastic. Really enjoyed his theatrical he brought to the tour. The photos on display were great too, so great to see actually documented photographs and illustrations. The addition of miguels little stories and acted out scenes were superb. Thank you very much for a great evening. I will be bringing all my friends and family.

Orsa, Sweden
23 attraction reviews
“Enthusiastic guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

A well known story, made interesting again through an enthusiastic guide by the name of John. East end is not the East end of the ripper-days but nevertheless a touching and horrifiying story.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great entertainment and a fantastic tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Having gone on a few different tours of this sort i was a bit skeptical at first, but this was by far the best of the best!!! Ripper vision makes a huge difference and our tour guide was fantastic!!! I would highly recommend this tour as it was very informative on the ripper murders and is well worth the money.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Bloody Marvellous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

While the Ripper murders I have always found interesting, I could never have called myself an aficionado, a great follower of the murders of 1888. However, this tour certainly had me far more intrigued, and desirable to learn more. The tour guide, Greg or Jack or Betty, or whatever his name was (sadly I didn't hear it as I was too busy eagerly delving into my pocket to tip him) was thoroughly engaging and witty and bright - but most of all, enlightening. Providing a wealth of data that other, more knowledgeable walkers beside me noted that that hadn't known previously. Yet he did this in a way that had us all quite entertained. I felt certain that I should not be laughing so much on a tour about grizzly murders. At 1 hour and 45 mins to 2 hours long, it does seem - on paper - to be fairly long, but on the night it didn't seem that way, and the time slipped us by very quickly, leaving me wondering at how we got to the end so quickly. The main feature, Ripper Vision, did indeed add a great element (Lutetium!) to the tour which provided both a sombre look into the brutality, and an amusing depth to the times in which those murders occurred. The only downside is that I'd forgotten about going to the shop to purchase a book to learn more, or perhaps an amusing coffee mug, perhaps saying 'Jack the Ripper was about to kill so and so, but was interrupted and so he had to moustache'. Or something.

Visited September 2012