“the lady was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #406 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Tallinn, Estonia
“the lady was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I got a single room which was so much nicer than the rooms in the picture and the house itself was really nice. At first i was a little bit concerned about the fact that i had to pay extra 20 pounds for checking in after 11, but i was completely amazed after thatm because i got lost at first, then the lady picked me up on her taxi and drove me to the hotel and she was so nice i actually wanted to give her another 20 pounds just for being such a lovely person!!!! This place is actually really good for a cheap stay because rooms are really nice and clean even though the neighbourhood is not the nicest part of town (but the people are really nice, a lady from the 24H shop gave me her lighter). The best thing you can actually get for this money!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

nice room top of premises, comfortable bed, large flat screen tv, only way to improve room would be make it en-suite. only problem was a plug board which did not work but that could happen to anyone..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

it's not really a guesthouse or hotel - there is no lobby or any staff people.
Some polish girl showed me the place when I arrived, gave me the keys and left for the remaining of my stay (I simply left my keys in the room's door when I left).
It's a house with a few rooms which is very clean and neat.
The rooms are very small and there is only a shared toilet.

It's a bit of a walk from the seven sisters tube (around 10 minutes).
it's worth the low price (compare to other London hotels) but don't expect anything special - it's like renting a small flat.
It's not a nice neighborhood to stay - I would stay here if I was a woman.

P.S - don't forget to bring adapters because there is no one to ask for any.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is nice and cozy place with very helpful and cooperative stuff. Ensure you plan to reach by 8 PM. After 9 PM it is difficult to get in. Rooms are little smaller for proper comfort but enough to stay for 3-4 days.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

marmaris, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had to pay an extra 20gbp because I was 'late'. (10.20pm) arriving. They said if İ didn't pay İ couldn't have the room AND WOULD LOSE THE MONEY I HAD ALREADY PAİD.. Blackmail. DO NOT GET CAUGHT OUT!
To add insult to injury the TV does does not work and hasn't for some time. There is no socket to plug the aerial into.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

this will be my worst review ever.

I booked, got confirmation.
Then I had to phone 1 hour before my check-in time "to ensure that someone is there" (sounds already strange)
At the arranged time, I came to that place. Locked doors, locked windows, no door bell and no one around.
I phone 5-7 times (mostly to voicemail) then someone told me that someone takes a bus to come (?).
after 1.5 hours standing on the street in the summer-heat, I had to leave for an appointment.

it gets better: they claimed that about 2 hours later someone came by and I ( !! ) was the "no show".
Then they refered to their "100% cancellation fee" and their "no cancellations possible- rule" (locigally a contradiction) and they dont want to re-credit my credit card.

nery nice, and decent service - right ?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's a 10 minute walk from the tube station, I was arriving about 9pm (still light) but the atmosphere on Lawrence Road was not good. A very friendly lady wanted to speak to me (yes...), just on the other side of the road from the guest house. Since I had arrived late, I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to open up for me. Nowhere pleasant nearby to wait, so I kept moving. The guest house has a sort of riot-proof front door, quickly followed by another with a combination lock. I was told to make sure the windows of my room were kept shut during the day. I went to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea, and the milk was past its sell by date, ugh. Wifi was fine, I thought I had reserved an en-suite bathroom which I didn't get, I didn't want to go out in the night for something to eat - left after 1 night.

Cheap it is, and the room is reasonable for the price, but I will not return since I was not comfortable in the area. It's not easy to find a good place in London, and I visit every 2 weeks, but this is the first time I have felt uncomfortable outside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lawrence Road Guest House? Share your experiences!