“Do not recommend!” 2 of 5 stars

+44 20 7287 9966
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Masala Zone Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,788 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy, Brasserie, Halal
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Description: Welcome to one of London’s leading Indian brasserie restaurants - there are 7 Masala Zone restaurants. Each Masala Zone is visually unique. We all serve real Indian food and cuisines, in contemporary yet exotic Indian popular art settings.We offer the varied delicious tastes and cuisines of India, from homes, wayside stalls and palaces (totally different from local curry houses) in a friendly brasserie environment.We and our legendary sister fine dining restaurants - Chutney Mary, Veeraswamy and Amaya - provide an unparalleled combination of real Indian cuisines, taste, integrity, hospitality and ambience
“Do not recommend!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited the place yesterday and it was the worst decision! The restaurant with 'masala' in the name did not serve tikka masala dish! I chose korma instead as I specifically asked for a dish with chicken breast. Food very average, the worst naan bread I've ever tried in my life. We had to wait for the food for about 30 minutes. Do not recommend. They ruined my day in London. Shame!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Not the best indian, but a good stop in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were hungry on our visit and this hunger was address by the time we left. Firstly I believe this to be a chain, so you will not get amazing service, but there is by the same token nothing to complain about either.

Unfortunately for me I found the food to be average. There are other places in the area that will sweep your tastes buds off their feet for similar money, service, albeit in a much smaller dinning space.

I do not think I will personally be making a return visit, but would stress you try it for yourself. It was near empty during the time of our visit, however I imagine the atmosphere would be buzzing and complimentary to the meal when full.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fab Food at Great Value !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Masala Zone is one of the best Indian foods I have tasted outside of India. Masala zone has various branches; each with its own theme. The interior of the Soho branch is very elegant - mud plastered walls with tribal drawings / illustrations.

I generally have the Thaalis at Masala Zone. For those not familiar with the Thali - In parts of north India and west India, there is no concept of a starter, mains, and deserts. It’s all rolled into one called a Thali which generally consists of Rice, Chapatti, Lentils, buttermilk, different combinations of vegetables and spices, which may be spicy or sweet. You also get a small portion of Farsan (savoury) equivalent to a starter and a small piece of sweet. I usually go for a Grand Thaali or a Starter and regular Thaali.

Apart from the Thaalis, I love the Gol Guppa, Bhel, and Sev Puri, indian street food served as starters

The service is pretty fast. The only downside is that you cannot book a table for less than a group of 8-10 people.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

For my wife birtheday we decided to go to an indian restaurant.
We choosed Masala Zone in Marshall street in Soho.
The experience was fantastic: good food, fresh, not expensive.
We will back verysoon

What else?

lancashire
“Thali”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Took my husband to try the Thali which I'd had in the Covent Garden restaurant twelve months ago. It was ok but I prefer the restaurant in Covent Garden

Visited January 2013