“Poor service and very cold setting-food was the saving grace” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zizzi - Bankside

Zizzi - Bankside
Unit 4, 2nd Floor | Riverside House, Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HA, England
020 7401 7407
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zizzi - Bankside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,478 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Just a short walk from the famous Globe Theatre, our Bankside restaurant offers a nice rest for the weary London sightseers and stunning river views while you dine. The illustrations decorating the walls throughout the restaurant were inspired by the surrounding area - a hub of urban skateboard culture that involves spirit, music and fashion, illustrated by the artist Matthew Brooks. Look out for loads of other interesting details including skateboard decks, modern art and vespa scooters.
Solihull
“Poor service and very cold setting-food was the saving grace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Group of 12 decided to eat our farewell lunch at Bankside. Shame that their was only one person serving in the entire restaurant and she was run ragged. The service was understandably slow and the air con in the restaurant very high so it was really cold. The food was lovely but not made up for by the difficulties with the service and the freezing room.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great if you like slow service, dirty cutlery and eat spaghetti with a knife and fork”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Arrived at 2:15 for a lunch with work group of 15. Table was not ready when we got there. Sat down just after 2:15. Service was very slow. Didn't get our drinks and starters until gone 3:00. Starter was olives, which were small and pitted. Was glad I ordered something I could eat with my hands though, as when one of my colleagues was went to give her cutlery back with her plate after the starter, she was told 'no, keep them for the main course'! Had spaghetti for my main course and had to ask them for a spoon to eat it with, as if they expected me to eat spaghetti with a knife and fork! We didn't get the bill until 4:15 so in all it was 2 hours to get served starter and main. I would have understood if it was busy, but the place was half empty. The main course admittedly was very good, but I felt the place was let down by the poor service

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fullerton, Ca, USA
“Our experience was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had just finished a tour at Shakespeare's Globe theater and were walking along the Bankside on the way to the London Bridge Underground Station. Since it was lunch time, we also were checking out the menus of some of the various restaurants along our way. The menu at Zizzi's had an unusual item - a "rustica" pizza with two separate halves - basically one with wild mushrooms and truffle sauce on one side// pumpkin puree and sauces on the other side. This intrigued me, as I have ever seen any type of pumpkin on a pizza before. We went upstairs and were immediately greeted and asked if we had any reservations. We said no, and even though I saw a number of open tables, I thought that we would have to wait. They said no problem and seated us at a window table. I ordered the vodka shrimp pasta and my wife ordered the pizza. She loved her mushroom portion, I thought that my pasta was one of the best "vodka sauce" style pastas that I had ever had. But the pumpkin portion of the pizza was not one of our favorites - let's just say it was "different". They also had an Italian beer that I thoroughly enjoyed. We have been to Italy many times before and I have tried a number of Italian beers, but had not seen Menabrea beer before. Even though it got quite busy, our server was very attentive and efficient. The view out the window was captivating, especially watching all the diverse attire of the people walking along the walkway. Overall, we had a great experience here, but I could see how other patrons may have had different experiences - as it seems to be a very popular place and does get very busy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a zizzi with a view. You know what to expect and it does not disappoint. It does get busy though.

Visited February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Really nice food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good service both at the door and at the table. The wine choice was good and a good price. We had starters which were lovely then the food was brought out when we had finished! My other half and I both had pasta & the dishes were equally nice! Very good!! :)

Visited January 2013