“wonderful sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,818 of 18,003 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, British, Brasserie, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: This loveable country pub and restaurant is a highlight on the Old Redding dining scene. Located in Brookshill, The Hare at Old Redding is a cosy place to enjoy a hearty meal, come rain or shine ��� the restaurant is equipped with both open fires for grey winter���s days and a delightful beer garden perfect for sunny summer barbecues and jugs of Pimms. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, woodland and local walks, The Hare at Old Redding is the perfect place to stop for a lazy lunch, working meals or Sunday sessions. With a village vibe and super friendly service, The Hare at Old Redding is a stellar spot to enjoy great food and wine with friends.
London
“wonderful sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

we have just had a special sunday lunch - 6 friends, someone's birthday and my going into hospital tomorrow. I booked a 'special' table, and indeed we got a wonderful circular table near the window. The food was probably the best sunday roast we have ever eaten - perfectly pink roast beef, stunningly puffy and crisp yorkshire puddings, tasty well-cooked veg. Deserts were divine - we tried the spiced apples and the bread and butter pudding. The cost was kept down to about £16 per head for two courses and to add a glass of superb wine, only cost £2.50p
What a find - we shall be dining there often hopefully from now on.

london
“Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

My wife treated me to lunch at the Hare. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the roast beef and the dessert. The beef was cooked to perfection and the Yorkshire puddings to die for.I had the the set apple dessert and my wife the mount blanc both very good. The staff were ok, but not overly friendly. I suppose the weekend before Christmas is always going to be a bit fraught. Still more interaction and a sense of humour never ever goes amiss. The overall atmosphere was really good and the restaurant was decorated discreetly but pleasingly.

London, United Kingdom
“New management/ownership has got it right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Six of us wanted to try the new ownership/management of The Hare. We were pleased to have been given a round table, which is always more condusive for more that four people. We were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent choice form the menu. The staff were helpful and friendly. Although all tables were full and very busy, we were able to talk in normal voices, which is sometimes so very difficult in many restaurants when so busy. Our orders were taken with efficiency and the food for all 6 arrived at the same time, which in my opinion is how it should be and says the kitchen has got it right in the way the chef has got it organised. All enjoyed what had been chosen and the general opinion was that we would return to sample other items from the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrow, United Kingdom
“Food good but too salty and over-attentive service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

About our sixth visit. As usual the Guinness and the wine were excellent and the service fast. The starter of smoked sausage with poached egg and potato salad was very good if slightly greasy. The main course, long-cooked ribs, was very tender but the sauce was over-salty and I ended up drinking over a lire of water during the night, adding to indigestion to ruin a night's sleep. Liz's lemon cod was well-cooked but lacked flavour. The service was fast but very over-attentive and loud - the waiter needed an off and volume switch. he was keen to help, but too keen and after a while I just wanted to tell him to shut up. Throughout the evening we could hear his loud voice saying the same things over and over again to every diner. He was trying too hard to please and it became irritating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ventnor, United Kingdom
“A delightful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

Last Saturday 15 December, my daughter, son and I took my mother (in her 90s) to the Hare Pub for lunch. From the minute we walked into the restaurant we received a warm welcome from the staff. Our waiter Rich, even went to the trouble to get a cushion for my Mother to sit on at the dining table. The service we received form Rich was polite and we found him very engaging much to my Mother's delight. The food was delicious and nothing was too much trouble. The general atmosphere and ambiance of the place was pleasant and relaxed. My son and I ordered the hot Chocolate soufflé,- worth the wait - amazing. Would recommend the Hare to anyone looking for value for money and friendly cheerful service. Special thanks to Rich who made the afternoon a very memorable and special outing for my Mother.